Just got back

Home in Bolton

Ratings:

Bywater 7.5 - good command of his area and claimed many balls and made some good saves

Bennett 5 - A weakness in our back four they they tried to exploit but he did ok. Distinctly average.

Jones 7 - Good but I always worried about him when he dives in and misses the ball.

Batth 8 - A solid centre back who always looks commanding

Buxton 7 - Good defending but didn't get forward enough for me

Prutton 5 - I am not convinced with him at all, looks a weakness to me

Lines 7 - Good in the first half but not creative in the 2nd. We need him pushing up, not sitting deep

Semedo 8 - Better than recent performances and did well protecting the defence

Antonio 8.5 - Very good talent, beat his man often, just needs to improve his crosses slightly. He is a threat.

O'Grady 7 - Very good in the first half but not in the 2nd.

Madine 6 - Not sure on him, didnt do much

Subs:

Lowe - 6.5 - Did well when he came on and i think it was a penalty

Compared to last time at Spotlands we were so much better at the back this time but not enough creativity.

We changed to 3 up front to go for it which meant they had more space to play in front of our defence.

I feel that if we push Lines up into a forward position or bring in a creative player we will be much better.

for playoffs we just need to leave Semedo in front of the defence and add the creative spark more pushed up

Just got home near Skipton. Sorry I must have watched a different match. The only difference from recent performances was that Bywater throw the ball out numerous times instead of houghing it. Our midfield balance is all wrong, Semedo was brilliant today, Lines and Prutton too similar, we lack creativity.

Up front that is a worry, no pace no guile or composure. What has happened to Madine he looks completely pissed off.

Jones talks of some tweaks, sorry but the team needs a major overall, if we are to get through the playoffs.

He has the players in tomorrow I wait with interest to see the difference in the next two home games.

we were garbage today. From front to back.

They are 2nd bottom yet we looked awful.

The ref was shocking, how he gave one pen and then not the other at the end is beyond me.

We are soooo far from being a good team its unreal.

Lines, Prutton, Bennett and Madine just didn't turn up.

Low point for me though was Bywater TIMEWASTING near end..i mean come on have we got that bad that we are protecting a 0-0

against Rochdale. Truly depressing performance

Having seen Wednesday develop under Megson I wholeheartedly disagree that we were awful.

People around me were moaning about the performance despite the positives.

can anyone disagree that we looked good in the first half? We got the ball down the right very well, had plenty of chances and dominated.

The tactical changes at half time to push Antonio further up did not work and we looked much worse.

Despite this, compared to last year we were so much better. solid at the back and much more of a threat.

The tweak we need to improve is a game changing creative midfiielder who can score from outside the box and play a killer ball.

Home in Bolton

Ratings:

Bywater 7.5 - good command of his area and claimed many balls and made some good saves

Bennett 5 - A weakness in our back four they they tried to exploit but he did ok. Distinctly average.

Jones 7 - Good but I always worried about him when he dives in and misses the ball.

Batth 8 - A solid centre back who always looks commanding

Buxton 7 - Good defending but didn't get forward enough for me

Prutton 5 - I am not convinced with him at all, looks a weakness to me

Lines 7 - Good in the first half but not creative in the 2nd. We need him pushing up, not sitting deep

Semedo 8 - Better than recent performances and did well protecting the defence

Antonio 8.5 - Very good talent, beat his man often, just needs to improve his crosses slightly. He is a threat.

O'Grady 7 - Very good in the first half but not in the 2nd.

Madine 6 - Not sure on him, didnt do much

Subs:

Lowe - 6.5 - Did well when he came on and i think it was a penalty

Compared to last time at Spotlands we were so much better at the back this time but not enough creativity.

We changed to 3 up front to go for it which meant they had more space to play in front of our defence.

All those 7s and 8....

Not a prayer!

Guest Foxhill Owl

The Ref did ........ Jones did nothing wrong ! :mad:

NO way could the ref have seen weather jones got the ball , red was a USELESS B@STARD !! Shocking

All those 7s and 8....

Not a prayer!

The ratings are based on a very good 1st half but a poor 2nd half.

How do you think things would feel if we had got a 1st half goal? We would have teared them apart as they pushed up. We just didnt have the cutting edge

Bennett.

It was Rob Jones.

As for today, well I've been and it was crap.

Has Mike Jones died? I thought he was a player who could play on the left side naturally?

Prutton was shocking.

Bennett was caught ball watching far too many times.

Madine was about a strong as the young kid behind me.

It just shows how poor this league is when we can still be 3rd.

I've seen some dross in my life but how can anyone defend that type of football? Rochdale are poor but in attacking areas they passed the ball far far better than us.

Changes needed Mr Mandaric, you must back the manager with some much needed quality.

The ratings are based on a very good 1st half but a poor 2nd half.

How do you think things would feel if we had got a 1st half goal? We would have teared them apart as they pushed up. We just didnt have the cutting edge

I just think on a whole it was a poor performance mate. Not sure if anyone deserved an 8 tbh.

Theirs was a penalty - not sure about ours. Dreadful match against a team who looked comfortable against our woeful tactics. Can't really see any positives other than keeping a clean sheet which was just a lucky break - so much for mm and dj to do

We just sempt pretty predictable all game, going down the right same thing, don't get me wrong i think Antonio is a great signing and brings alot to the team but i wish we would try and mix it up just a little.

Apart from Semedo today the players just never seemm to bust a gut to either win the ball back, close the players down or get into the box, just so frustrating watching them give what seems like 70% at times.

Having seen Wednesday develop under Megson I wholeheartedly disagree that we were awful.

People around me were moaning about the performance despite the positives.

can anyone disagree that we looked good in the first half? We got the ball down the right very well, had plenty of chances and dominated.

The tactical changes at half time to push Antonio further up did not work and we looked much worse.

Despite this, compared to last year we were so much better. solid at the back and much more of a threat.

The tweak we need to improve is a game changing creative midfiielder who can score from outside the box and play a killer ball.

I can disagree mate. We were shocking in both halves.

You are entitled to your opinion.

If the positive is that we were better than last year then heaven help us.

Jones has much work to do. We are sadly lacking quality.

His comments after summed it up. The only positives he took from it was the effort of the team. Says it all

Guest FoggyS17

we were garbage today. From front to back.

They are 2nd bottom yet we looked awful.

The ref was shocking, how he gave one pen and then not the other at the end is beyond me.

We are soooo far from being a good team its unreal.

Lines, Prutton, Bennett and Madine just didn't turn up.

Low point for me though was Bywater TIMEWASTING near end..i mean come on have we got that bad that we are protecting a 0-0

against Rochdale. Truly depressing performance

you stole my thunder!

Thought Lines, Prutton, Madine and Bennett were especially poor in an all round poor performance

An opportunity missed with results elsewhere...