Off with the shackles now.

Only just heard the news. Not a popular decision I know.

But I sincerely believe that this will release the shackles from the team and we will start playing proper football and winning more emphatically.

Our results will no longer be ground out in tough defensive wars of attrition.

Megson's brand of football was NOT the only way to achieve success in this division.

We will see this in the coming months. It's probably gonna be Dave Jones and he is a very good manager.

Milan has made a tough decsion but I believe it will be proven to be the right one.

I

But I sincerely believe that this will release the shackles from the team and we will start playing proper football and winning more emphatically.

Megson's brand of football was NOT the only way to achieve success in this division.

We will see this in the coming months. It's probably gonna be Dave Jones and he is a very good manager.

Milan has made a tough decsion but I believe it will be proven to be the right one.

I

The good old hoof ball myth.

I can't help but feel that you have been waiting for this day.

Not jumping for joy at all.

Things will be very different from now on though. And it will change for the better.

I remember the same meltdown on here 5 years ago when strurrock was sacked. We went on to play brilliant football that season and nearly got promoted.

Watch this space.

Guest totemowl

I

Is that Dave Jones the nearly man you are on about (ex stockport, wolves, southampton, cardiff)?

Not jumping for joy at all.

Things will be very different from now on though. And it will change for the better.

I remember the same meltdown on here 5 years ago when strurrock was sacked. We went on to play brilliant football that season and nearly got promoted.

Watch this space.

Don't believe you. I bet you heard the news and have had a big grin since.

Guest madforitowl

Do you really think this squad of players is good enough to play "barca"-esque football?

It wouldn't happen with Jose flipping Mourinho in charge.

The squad isn't good enough, and hasn't been funded enough to get us to the top.

What a load of testicles you talk

Guest intercity0wl

Well the new manager whoever he is, will only be able to bring loanees, unlike Megson. Lets see what type of players they bring in because in all honesty there were one or two question marks about some of Megsons recruits

Thats if they were indeed Megsons choices, i have my doubts

Do you really think this squad of players is good enough to play "barca"-esque football?

It wouldn't happen with Jose flipping Mourinho in charge.

The squad isn't good enough, and hasn't been funded enough to get us to the top.

we shall see.

watch how good they are when they are allowed to express themselves a bit more and the players who can play that way have a bit more faith put in them.

I can tell you now, as of Friday I will be the new Wednesday manager. I will tell the team to go out and play good football and all will be well.

I can't understand managers like Megson who drill it into players to kick the ball as high and as hard as they can down the pitch. you won't see players doing that with me as manager.

lots of love

DJ