The Official Back Gary Megson Thread

Guest JohnFantham

GM has done a remarkable job in the short space of time. It would be brilliant if we go up this season but we have to be patient a little while longer if not as we are still work in progress. UTO

I'm trying not to sound silly, but even by merely mentioning the name I'm about to say it sounds like I am being... The only way I'd be happy for Megson to be sacked was if Mourinho was his replacement - possibly Wenger at a push.

There's literally no one else I can think of I'd be happy with Megson leaving for. I can't think of anyone in the Championship who has both his ability and enough passion to succeed here. In the Premiership there are certainly some talented managers around, but I wouldn't want Megson sacked just for a Pardew or an O'Neil who wouldn't care about us half as much as Megson does. I honestly would not want the likes of Ferguson or Kenny here at all, both come across as absolute wankers. Most technically 'better' managers than Megson would need shed loads of money to improve us anyway, money that I'd rather give to Megson to spend who has a proven record with us in the market.

I said a couple of weeks back that we'd have to go on some kind of miracle anti-Huddersfield-esque losing run for me to turn my back on Megson. He has improved us ten-fold in such a short period of time I can't believe how apparently* short-sighted people have been recently. I honestly would not mind if we finished in the play-offs and failed to get promotion this season, I'm delighted with the progress we're making coming from the last 15 years of poo , as long as we carried on improving next season I'll be over the moon.

*I say apparently because I can never be arsed to log onto Owlstalk after a couple of defeats, it's usually just a sea of embarrassing despair.

The man cares deeply about the club, hes loved by the majority of the fans, and you only have to see what COG did when he scored and what Jones did at the final whistle to see he has the respect and loyalty of the players. It would be utter idiocy to get rid of him now. Even if we don't go up this season we'll win it by a street next year. Sturrock and Laws were two good managers, but they had taken us as far as they could. Megson can take us so much further. Do not sack him Milan. There'll be hell to pay if you do.

GM has done a fantastic job rebuiling,,taking into account the money he has had to do the re-builing with,,he's brought some quality players into this team for a pittance,even his loan signings have (mostly) proved to be class acts,,I honestly can't think of a manager I would rather have,as stated by others before me,,NO ONE has got the desire and passion to match GM,,if MM think's getting a kiddy fiddler like Dave Jones here is going to get us any success,he's very sadly mistaken,,

Milan,,,wake up and smell the coffee,(as they say,),you have the best man for the job already at the helm,,,,just give him the time and monetry backing and he'll finish the job. lol In Megson I trust,,

Guest 1banana2banana

I find it shocking that sacking megson was even considered by mm. If he'd just blown 3 mil then fair enough but the mana done all this on a shoestring. Would love to see what he could do with a proper budget