The Official Back Gary Megson Thread

I back Megson 100% but its Milans money so he can do what he wants.

Very true - but if he is serious about attaining promotion this season, he should put his money were his mouth is and publicly back his current manager.

I'm not gonna lie- I am not a big Megson fan. I am not keen on the football most of the time., I also have reservations about the way he uses the media.

However, I can see that our dip in form was alot to do with the fact we had lost Marshall and not managed to replace him.

Antonio looks like he has got what it takes to fill his boots, so I expect the team to get back to the sort of form we were in up until the new year.

I would give Megson time now.

(I still think he is one defeat from the sack though)

fairly sick of feeling the need to support our fellow Owl manager we are 3rd with a squad that tbf is prob 3rd/4th best in Div1

MM was castigated for not getting rid of AI so I can sort of understand his need to start looking should we fail to go up this season

However just how are we failing? DId he expect auto? If so he patently failed to consolidate our position whilst punching above our budget when that looked a possiblity - worse than that we actually were the only challenging team to weaken.

We don't know what exactly has been said behind closed doors but if this was started in December /January by GM telling them he's not happy then I don't blame him - the run of bad results has no doubt given a sore MM/PA a chance to get rid.

The alleged interview of DJ if it happened is for me just pouring more doubt on MM's judgement a cursary look at his managerial record isn't inspiring at all despite playing with a silly Cardiff budget - his record in play offs is awful so if engaged at this late stage to do that job we're fooked..

IF any of the press stories are true - a way out of the almost inevitable loss of GM by resignation or sack is for a clear the air session between the 3 of them whilst the stories possibility helped gel some fight in the team on Sunday the uncertainty will eventually permeate through to the team.

The ONLY answer for me is to back GM with a couple of quality loans if they are available and sack or back him at the end of the season.- NOT NOW FFS

Edited by steelowl

I'm not gonna lie- I am not a big Megson fan. I am not keen on the football most of the time., I also have reservations about the way he uses the media.

However, I can see that our dip in form was alot to do with the fact we had lost Marshall and not managed to replace him.

Antonio looks like he has got what it takes to fill his boots, so I expect the team to get back to the sort of form we were in up until the new year.

I would give Megson time now.

(I still think he is one defeat from the sack though)

Iv'e already said in this thread that i back Megson but agree with you on your final comment.

I completely back Meggo done a fantastic job so far.

Though Meggo needs to learn and grow in some areas as he has made mistakes this year, he is only human after all.

My main view is that any manager who is in an improved position from the previous year should never be sacked, unless of course he has spent £100m and only made up a few places in the table.

The aim has to be improve year on year and so long as that happens any manager will have my full support!