On My Way Back Thread

Megson said there would be no SCARED COW. Yet has substitued Gary Madine for the third time on the rodneys for what can only be described as a woeful strikers performance. Falling down looking at the referee when challenged and offering nothing other than petulance.

Disgusted with the performance today, they didnt deserve anything but neither did we (Their second free kick was never a foul).

Highlights, JJ and Danny Batth, plus Julian Bennett all deserve praise the rest want whipping and weeing on.

Absolutely gutted really am

No creativity, no fight or battle, simply not good enough.

This has been coming for a few games now, Madine doesn't look interested and instead of battling and working hard moans and blames everyone else has to be dropped for the next game imo

I would also start Weaver, Bywater has been poor the last few games and could have saved the second goal today.

If we play like that on 26th we will get hammered

A few observations from today.

Lack of creativity glaringly apparent yet again.

Bywater is a liability, almost any decent effort on target goes in.

Exeter's away terrace is dreadful

Their manager dresses like a homeless person.

That ballboy looked like Peter Kay's lovechild.

Edited by alanharper

Guest Willyowl

Megson said there would be no SCARED COW. Yet has substitued Gary Madine for the third time on the rodneys for what can only be described as a woeful strikers performance. Falling down looking at the referee when challenged and offering nothing other than petulance.

Disgusted with the performance today, they didnt deserve anything but neither did we (Their second free kick was never a foul).

Highlights, JJ and Danny Batth, plus Julian Bennett all deserve praise the rest want whipping and weeing on.

Absolutely gutted really am

He said sacred cow. WTF would he say scared cow for.

The game finished an hour and a half ago and I'm still seething, frustrated and annoyed.

Wonder if the players feel the same way tonight?

Come on, show some bottle, fight, desire and determination to not give up second place like a bunch of *******.

There are 16 games left - each one a cup final - do you want to win 16 cups or not?

All to play for, but you've got to want to do it - from the first second of a match to the last.

I'll be disappointed if we don't make it this season - but not as much as I will be if I don't see each and every player giving it absolutely everything in these last 16 games.

Use today as a FINAL wake up call - we're running out of games to have any more like today.

Guest Darkus Owlus

Why do we always get excited when we get an Arsenal youngster, and then Bostock, yet they just seem totally ineffective for us...

Baffling.

Use today as a FINAL wake up call - we're running out of games to have any more like today.

How many more wake up calls should we need mate?

We've been very poor for a good few months now - and as much as it pained at the time, the turning point was Huddersfield at home. We've blown the jan transfer window and come out of it in a poorer state.

We've got a 'partnership' that doesn't work, a regularly chopped and changed team at the moment too. Today was as bad as its been for a long time and reminded me of Bournemouth and Bury at the beginning of the season. Not a performance any promotion chasing team should put together with only 3 months left.

Big changes are needed and fast. But I don't know what these should be with the squad we have. The front two HAS to change that's for certain. It's horrific up top at present.

But as I say - how many more wake up calls should we need?

I have to agree emphatically with all of that Senwar - what I am implying is that there are no more wake up calls left for us this season now - we are running out of games and others are breathing down our necks with games in hand and better goal differences.

It is simply the time to start winning. If we leave it any later, it is likely to be too late .

Feel for you today to go all that way and be let down like that.

Edited by Daz

We've got to use today's result as another catalyst to kick on, much like the Stevenage game was earlier in the season.

I haven't been today, but I find it hard to believe that it's simply a case of players not giving 100%. This is a very honest squad, perhaps not oozing with talent but there aren't too many times when you can claim players haven't gave 100%.

I just think, as the season draws to a finish, we are looking less and less clever or savvy. We had a lot of possession today (according to the stats) but only really looked a threat from corners. Exeter had less possession but seemed far more threatening and we had to rely on last ditch defending on more than one occasion.

Marshall's gone, and we won't be getting anyone to replace him until the 25th at the earliest, if at all. Until then, we need to find a way of playing that is effective. We had that nailed in the early-mid part of the season, but since the Huddersfield game we've looked far from convincing in any game (Sflaphorpe aside).

Unfortunately, our options are pretty limited, and seemingly at present, all our hopes are going to be placed on Mike Jones shoulders to step and start producing to a level he was brought here to do. JJ's on form, and a threat but he's never going to create the kind of chances Marshall did for us. The next two games are absolutely crucial, and we need to find that formula quickly.

I have to agree emphatically with all of that Senwar - what I am implying is that there are no more wake up calls left for us this season now - we are running out of games and others are breathing down our necks with games in hand and better goal differences.

It is simply the time to start winning. If we leave it any later, it is likely to be too .

Feel for you today to go all that way and be let down like that.

You know what Daz - I said on the way down 'the wednesday of old would f00k this up. Let's hope we're not the same wednesday we always seem to be'

Sadly, we were.

Just glad I'm staying and don't have to drive back in a mood. Drink, forget about it then onto Tuesday.

Grrrr! :biggrin:

We've got to use today's result as another catalyst to kick on, much like the Stevenage game was earlier in the season.

I haven't been today, but I find it hard to believe that it's simply a case of players not giving 100%. This is a very honest squad, perhaps not oozing with talent but there aren't too many times when you can claim players haven't gave 100%.

I just think, as the season draws to a finish, we are looking less and less clever or savvy. We had a lot of possession today (according to the stats) but only really looked a threat from corners. Exeter had less possession but seemed far more threatening and we had to rely on last ditch defending on more than one occasion.

Marshall's gone, and we won't be getting anyone to replace him until the 25th at the earliest, if at all. Until then, we need to find a way of playing that is effective. We had that nailed in the early-mid part of the season, but since the Huddersfield game we've looked far from convincing in any game (Sflaphorpe aside).

Unfortunately, our options are pretty limited, and seemingly at present, all our hopes are going to be placed on Mike Jones shoulders to step and start producing to a level he was brought here to do. JJ's on form, and a threat but he's never going to create the kind of chances Marshall did for us. The next two games are absolutely crucial, and we need to find that formula quickly.

I was stunned when I saw the stats as I can't really remember us doing that much. It was just a genuinely garbage game.

When we scored I thought thank feck for that, we'll get something out of nothing here. 2 mins later, their first foray into our half and it's 1-1. We were never in it after that.

Can't believe our shining light is JJ again. Everyone else just looks, well, look very poor.

Edited by senwar

I thought we'd got over those days Paul - the ones where we always break other club's bad runs - like today with Exeter not scoring for 7 hours. They even gave us a 1-0 lead to hold onto.

Just like the old days eh?? :sad:

How ever bad we have played lets be fair it should have no way been s free kick against Semedo in a million years, the ref cost us a point with that terrible terrible decision. I'm also going to against the grain a bit here, we were the better side, we lacked a bit of creativity up front but we played some good stuff at times and untill the final 15 minutes or so I thought we were looking reasonably comfortable. Madine was terrible but Bywater's only faults today were the free kicks, and this is from a weaver fan...away end was terrible too.