On My Way Back Thread

We've gone from a club with no money, spending loads of money, to a club with loads of money, spending no money.

We had the best player in the league, and replaced him with a lid from Bury for £75k. We're trying to do it on the cheap, and unfortunately, it ain't working.

We've gone from a club with no money, spending loads of money, to a club with loads of money, spending no money.

We had the best player in the league, and replaced him with a lid from Bury for £75k. We're trying to do it on the cheap, and unfortunately, it ain't working.

But we tried the expensive route last winter, spending more than any club outside the top flight i January, look where that got us.

But we tried the expensive route last winter, spending more than any club outside the top flight i January, look where that got us.

Who spent the money?

Megson?

Can't see the relevance or analogy personally.

OK so Irvine spent money last January, let's not spend any more.

Ever.

Edited by ReadingOwl

Wednesday can be so feckless.

Clubs that competently get promotion don't need wake up calls in February.

We are so small time its unbelievable.

Couldn't agree more.

I think everyone on here said that January would be crucial.

It's a shame that the club didn't seem to recognise this.

Who spent the money?

Megson?

Can't see the relevance or analogy personally.

OK so Irvine spent money last January, let's not spend any more.

Ever.

And yet in another thread you state we are now playing so poorly you can't be bothered to go to the next game. If that is the case would you give Megson the money to spend?

We need a player or two yes but more importantly we need a change of approach. We are so negative with 2 defensive midfielders and time wasting at home against relegation threatened sides with ten minutes + to go shows this as well. Stick Bostock in the middle with 2 wingers and have a go at the opposition.

And yet in another thread you state we are now playing so poorly you can't be bothered to go to the next game. If that is the case would you give Megson the money to spend?

We need a player or two yes but more importantly we need a change of approach. We are so negative with 2 defensive midfielders and time wasting at home against relegation threatened sides with ten minutes + to go shows this as well. Stick Bostock in the middle with 2 wingers and have a go at the opposition.

What part of 'I'll go on tuesday night' - to Braddaz, did you miss?

Before you decided to comment, butt in, and say I talked 'poo '. Did you actually re-read the thread as I suggested?

Or can you NOT flipping READ.

Is that clear enough?

How the **** can Irvine having a budget in January, justify Megson not having one post it?

Please point this out to me.

Edited by ReadingOwl

What part of 'I'll go on tuesday night' - to Braddaz, did you miss?

Before you decided to comment, butt in, and say I talked 'poo '. Did you actually re-read the thread as I suggested?

Or can you NOT flipping READ.

Is that clear enough?

How the **** can Irvine having a budget in January, justify Megson not having one post it?

Please point this out to me.

I have replied to your original flounce in the other thread. I have tried to point it out to you but it appears you are too short sighted to see it. Not everyone shares your opinion, by the tone of your posts this clearly infuriates you somewhat. Do hope you get behind the team on Tuesday, unless you change your mind again.

I have replied to your original flounce in the other thread. I have tried to point it out to you but it appears you are too short sighted to see it. Not everyone shares your opinion, by the tone of your posts this clearly infuriates you somewhat. Do hope you get behind the team on Tuesday, unless you change your mind again.

Not flounced, or if I did, I retracted to Braddaz publicly and said, he was right. i would/ should go Tuesday night - 350 miles.

But then you had to butt in, telling me what I should do and say.

All long after the event and frankly, not welcome.

But, you hadn't read the thread had you? Just butted in with your TrueFan lecture.

And, then you compounded it with your factual, inaccurate b*ll*cks.

But thanks for your concern.

And I talk 'poo '.

Guest jimmyecfc

I went unfortunately.

Bywater has to be at fault for 1st goal, his side the goal went in.

Madine did nothing all game, drop him and get Morrison in who wants to play.

Llera was our best player again, shame he went off.

All in all Exeter deserved the win and we were once again a bag of shyte. JJ did ok, not his best game but he was our only threat. Everyone else was just very average.

I agree with all that, think we did deserve it, we didnt have any shots on target first half but only because your back line blocked everything. JJ was good against us again and like you said Madine crap. I wasn't impressed by your loan player from Tottenham either.

Good luck against the pigs!!

Guest Briscoe Inferno

We were by far the better team but just watched them pick up every second ball, watched them untangle themselves when they tripped over the ball and watched the ball sail into the net from the second free kick.

No options up front and no-one willing to shoot or give ourselves options or create opportunities.

Great at holding the ball up for each other but no one running into space.

No one supporting the runs by JJ leaving him to try and force his way though 3 players.

One dimensional, very predictable and very beatable.

the elephant in the room is the fact that Milans trial being at the end of the transfer window could have cost us our season.

there is no way the guy was going to spend anything before he knew the outcome of that trial.

and we look total gash without any real quality in the team anymore

Maybe Madine's little temper tantrums scared the cow.

Never have I seen a player who makes playing football look so miserable a torment. He didn't even celebrate goals for a long time.

Umm Ballotelli?????

He's our lad now Madine, we need to stick by him sometimes and not just critisise him at any moment possible.

He's not getting the chances atm, but he's not making the runs and putting enough effort in either. But let Gary have a word with him and give him some time out've the starting XI, rather than lambasting him...he's only young after all.

The more we slate him the more he'll get down and react (like before). Im sure Megson will keep him out've the firing line for a while and used as a sub if needed.

We were by far the better team but just watched them pick up every second ball, watched them untangle themselves when they tripped over the ball and watched the ball sail into the net from the second free kick.

My biggest gripe of the season - we have to apply pressure in these situations - there is no excuse and this is one area that league 1 teams are very good at. We did this earlier in the season, but now we'd rather watch. It's costing us.

the elephant in the room is the fact that Milans trial being at the end of the transfer window could have cost us our season.

there is no way the guy was going to spend anything before he knew the outcome of that trial.

and we look total gash without any real quality in the team anymore

Quite possibly...unless we can get in some quality loans and quick!

Who though I don't know. But id have thought there'd be young prem/champ wide players not getting a chance at some clubs and wanting to come here!

I went today and it was a poor game. The 2nd goal was never a free kick and we did have more possession. However it appears that the loss of Ben Marshall is catastrophic as our main striking threat has originated from crosses from wide positions and Ben gave the midfield a constant option and outlet. Bostock offered very little in the first half and was substituted at half time. I just don't see what he offers and he is certainly no Ben Marshall. I am not into over-reacting and was confident of automatic before Xmas and thought the Blades would fall away. However in January the opposite to what I expected happened; we weakened whilst those around us strengthened. I can't see us achieving better than the play-off lottery now with the lack of creativity and the mediocre partnership up front!

I went today and it was a poor game. The 2nd goal was never a free kick and we did have more possession. However it appears that the loss of Ben Marshall is catastrophic as our main striking threat has originated from crosses from wide positions and Ben gave the midfield a constant option and outlet. Bostock offered very little in the first half and was substituted at half time. I just don't see what he offers and he is certainly no Ben Marshall. I am not into over-reacting and was confident of automatic before Xmas and thought the Blades would fall away. However in January the opposite to what I expected happened; we weakened whilst those around us strengthened. I can't see us achieving better than the play-off lottery now with the lack of creativity and the mediocre partnership up front!

spot on