When I said we can't do it without Ben Marshall.....

Think that may well be total rubbish, and if it were the case we should get rid of players who are mentally affected so easily and so quickly.

Yep agreed I'd start with Madine unless he gets his act together quick smart we dont need 2 mardy moody players on the pitch IMO he has the ability and ought to be doing better -so he should be dropped

thanks for the 'rubbish' btw what do you think has caused this malaise then?

It's not about Marshall.

There are lots of reasons that we are not looking like an automatic promotion team just now:

1). Remember where we came from, Megson inherited a flippinguseless squad - without masses of money it's a two year fix-it job

2) Charlton and pigs have huge budgets compared to us

3) Udders are a year ahead in building a promotion team

I genuinely thought that we would add the quality we needed to push on in January - but it never happened.

We just have to accept that, given the budgetary restraints, we have another season to live in this poo hole league. I just don't fancy us in the playoffs this year.

Not going along with this Marshall is the be all and end all stuff BUT (and I'm sick of repeating it), if we were serious about contending for an automatic promotion spot, we should have invested in Jan, bringing in some creativity, and experience, to push on, and not hope we could just cling on. We failed to sieze the initiative.

Still plenty to play for but we're giving too many points away to expect to finish in the top two. Not enough creativity I'm afraid. Milan needs to finance some loans to freshen things up. The signings of Bostock and Mike Jones have been disappointing so far, Bywater isn't better than Weaver, and we're lacking finishing prowess in the striker department at the moment. Add to that jittery defending, and there's now some work for Megson to do to get us back on track

Six points from 5 games since he left

:-(

It's 8 points from 5 league games without him. Since Madine came back into the side we have played 6 league games and picked up 8 points. He has looked way below par, these stats suggest he is more to blame than not having Marshall.

We tried to get Marshall back, what more did you want us to do? Once Leicester had matched a fee that Stoke wanted then it would not have mattered if we had bid higher as the decision was down to the player and he wanted to be at a higher level of football now.

You are making a pointless statement about Marshall as there is nothing more that could have been done to keep him at the club.

I'm happy for anyone to try and convince people that Marshall going wasn't an event that didn't trigger our downfall this season but if you look at the number of goals, assists and confidence he created - and then look at the number of points we've taken from games since he's gone it's clear evidence that we can't do it this season without Ben Marshall

But you lot keep trying to tell yourselves otherwise....

lol

Owlstalk Shop

I'm happy for anyone to try and convince people that Marshall going wasn't an event that didn't trigger our downfall this season but if you look at the number of goals, assists and confidence he created - and then look at the number of points we've taken from games since he's gone it's clear evidence that we can't do it this season without Ben Marshall

lol

no-one is saying otherwise mate we are just sick of hearing about it you state the bloody obvious everyday

lol

That may be so, but if we really matched the offer from Leicester and Ben chose Leicester. End of.

We need to look at how we can move on and not get caught up on something that was beyond our control.

lol

you seem to be ignoring some of the other facts that have been pointed out to you in your crusade for BM10 and the crucial element that there is very little we could have done to get him to come back here so its pretty pointless going on about it.

I said at the start of January if we keep Ben Marshall till end of season we finish 2nd. Now I'm not throwing in the towel but at them moment we ain't playing well enough and last few games we have got away with it but today we haven't. Not scoring enough, conceding too many and despite the dealing in the January transfer market Llera, Bywater, Bostock, Jones we still seem 1 player short!

Guest Big Guns

:laugh:

But honestly, why are so many people OBSESSED with being right??

I've been right all season about everything but no one will admit it

I'm with the fat bald one on this

We should have pulled all the stops out to sign marshall..

I've been right all season about everything but no one will admit it

I'm with the fat bald one on this

We should have pulled all the stops out to sign marshall..

As i said to the OP BG, I don't think anyone thinks otherwise that keeping marshall was a priority but we didn't, so what do we do?