When I said we can't do it without Ben Marshall.....

As much as I want us to move on and forget Marshall, ive gotta agree with Neils OP.

Even earlier in the season when we were beating teams well, it largely all came from Marshall when going forward. He too us forward in nearly every game and got Madine scoring with his supply.Aside from them two the only good consistent players have been defensive ones (Semedo and Reda and Buxton).

Take away Marshall and now we need that player to supply to the forwards again. JJ's very good at times but he's never been good at providing the forwards, his main game is running at their defence and getting a goal.

Now our forwards are having little supply so COG and Madine are feeding off scraps, and currently an 'in-form' JJ is our only real threat. Our central midfielders play too deep to be much of a creative thread so we need to get it from the wings.

We desperately need a proper winger on loan with a bit of pace and someone who can provide a final ball! Once we get that supply im sure Madine will go on another run of goals again.

Edited by swfc-dan

Guest Big Guns

As i said to the OP BG, I don't think anyone thinks otherwise that keeping marshall was a priority but we didn't, so what do we do?

flip knows now unless we can pull a quality loan signing out ,trouble is we could do with about 4 or 5 new players

I've been right all season about everything but no one will admit it

I'm with the fat bald one on this

We should have pulled all the stops out to sign marshall..

We did all we could by meeting the askig price. He chose to play Championship football now rather than return. Short of getting Reda to tie him up there is little we could have done to keep him here and I don't think that tactic would have got the best out of him.

Let me just clarify

I take NO pleasure in posting this kind of thread but I would definitely like people who are currently in denial to wake up and start seeing reality

Since Ben went we lost our spark, our creativity and our confidence

We also started dropping points and losing against sides we should have hammered

The shape and tactics have changed since Ben went too - they've had to (unfortunately) because quite simply without Ben Marshall we are a totally different side.

I get that Ben didn't sign for us and chose Leicester - that's a fact - but also what is a fact is that we've not replaced him with anyone who can do the business, we've changed the team tactics to more of a pub team that tries to huff and puff and grind out results, and even Madine and Semedo are now looking ordinary.

At the end of the day I'm right. Without Ben Marshall we are a very dull and ordinary team with little confidence and despite being second in the league we can't get promoted without him.

Sad but true...

Owlstalk Shop

Let me just clarify

I take NO pleasure in posting this kind of thread but I would definitely like people who are currently in denial to wake up and start seeing reality

Since Ben went we lost our spark, our creativity and our confidence

We also started dropping points and losing against sides we should have hammered

The shape and tactics have changed since Ben went too - they've had to (unfortunately) because quite simply without Ben Marshall we are a totally different side.

I get that Ben didn't sign for us and chose Leicester - that's a fact - but also what is a fact is that we've not replaced him with anyone who can do the business, we've changed the team tactics to more of a pub team that tries to huff and puff and grind out results, and even Madine and Semedo are now looking ordinary.

At the end of the day I'm right. Without Ben Marshall we are a very dull and ordinary team with little confidence and despite being second in the league we can't get promoted without him.

Sad but true...

as i said before I agree he's gone we couldn't afford him end of - but we simply have not replaced his creativity

I can't see how we can move forward now. In the next 16 or so games we will probably do half as good as we did when we had Ben, and that will probably see us finish 5th-6th

bring in a quality winger on loan, get the right centre midfield and centre forward combinations

Guest Big Guns

we did but he chose Leicester and championship football and wages

The key been wages ,if you want good players you have to pay the correct wages

The key been wages ,if you want good players you have to pay the correct wages

aye it's all about the dollars...unfortunately it looks like Leicester have more than us. Also even if we had matched Leicester's wages BM might have simply chosen championship football anyway, plus Leicester may have just upped their offer. Also what about the knock on effect of breaking the wage structure? Would it have lead to the other players Madine et al asking for more money?

Guest james.taylor1982

End of the day Marshall has gone and we are not going up we are poor without him, Madine is now looking poor because there's no service to him in which Marshall gave him, just because JJ has scored a few don't be blinded by it he's a poor player, he can't put a through ball or decent cross to save his life, hope we can get someone in to create something because we are poor and there for the taking, WTID