Tubbs signs for Bournemouth

Guest macs1981

Guest macs1981

Just seen that he is set to sign for Bournemouth.

Does anybody remember the radio interview with our scout saying that Matt Tubbs is a great player and one that we should definitely have looked at years ago, but now keep tabs on for the future. He wouldnt be a gamble at all and would be a great player for us in this league and hopefully the championship.

A but pissed that we havent gone for him to be honest.

800k or less would get us Wordsworth and I'd take that If it meant the difference between promotion and another season in this flip awful league.

Can't fault B'mouth for having the balls and ambition to have a crack at it,I'm just jealous of a lesser team who are willing to spend some money.

Like previously mentioned,I think Milan is full of wee wee and wind,he tells us what we want to hear but it never happens.

Guest wewantsturrockback

more than happy we arent going for him at 800k, ridiculous.

did well last year, done well this year

lets say he steps up to league one and does well - would he step up to championship - 3 leagues and a BIG gulf in just 2 seasons? not so sure. yes he might, but he also might not - too big a risk for me.

we spent stupid money on players in the past. People saying MM isnt backing megson need to realise he is, but he has set limits/budgets which we are sticking to! also, you dont see charlton hudds Pigs or MK spending big bucks do you - its not like we are the odd one out

Bournemouth have had there squad cherry picked over the last couple of years. From memory they have lost

Brett Pitman

Josh McQuoid

Danny Ings

Danny Hollands

Jason Pearce

Rhoys Wiggins

Marvin Bartley

Anton Robinson

Liam Feeney

All those players would be good enough to get promotion to the championship for them, bet for them its nice to do it too some other team.

Still dont actually rate this bloke, never have done.

He isnt too bad and clearly his record for the scumbags at Crawley is pretty solid, but I would be very disappointed if we paid decent money for him, anything close to the reported 800k would be a ridiculous amount.

Edited by leea8331