Tubbs signs for Bournemouth

Guest macs1981

That's just the problem,we know he has the money.

The club needs to stand on its own two feet. We can't expect Milan to pour millions in every transfer window. He is in this to MAKE money. We are like the ratty old house people buy and do up with furniture from IKEA to sell at a profit. We are never going to be able to afford the top of the range kitchen with granite tops and marble floor.

We can't throw the teddy out every time we miss out on a player. Just remember where we were 14 months ago! I never EVER want to go back to that. I would rather spend eternity in league 1 than have that awful time thrust upon us as fans and fear never watching my team again!

Just not bothered...

The club needs to stand on its own two feet. We can't expect Milan to pour millions in every transfer window. He is in this to MAKE money. We are like the ratty old house people buy and do up with furniture from IKEA to sell at a profit. We are never going to be able to afford the top of the range kitchen with granite tops and marble floor.

We can't throw the teddy out every time we miss out on a player. Just remember where we were 14 months ago! I never EVER want to go back to that. I would rather spend eternity in league 1 than have that awful time thrust upon us as fans and fear never watching my team again!

But doesn't Mandaric have to weight this up with the fact that if we don't do up - and signing quality like Marshall will only increase our chances of promotion - he'll lose another £4m?

Bournemouth have had there squad cherry picked over the last couple of years. From memory they have lost

Brett Pitman

Josh McQuoid

Danny Ings

Danny Hollands

Jason Pearce

Rhoys Wiggins

Marvin Bartley

Anton Robinson

Liam Feeney

All those players would be good enough to get promotion to the championship for them, bet for them its nice to do it too some other team.

Hadn't realised quite how many players they'd lost. If they still had those players and financial backing they've got now, they'd be the strongest side in the division. Good job they didn't get taken over sooner. I'd be gutted if we'd lost all those players.

But doesn't Mandaric have to weight this up with the fact that if we don't do up - and signing quality like Marshall will only increase our chances of promotion - he'll lose another £4m?

I don't think the fee is the problem though, it is the wages. OK paying £800K, but if he wants £10-12K a week that soon adds up!

Just not bothered...

The club needs to stand on its own two feet. We can't expect Milan to pour millions in every transfer window. He is in this to MAKE money.

We are like the ratty old house people buy and do up with furniture from IKEA to sell at a profit. We are never going to be able to afford the top of the range kitchen with granite tops and marble floor.

True mate,I will always be greatful that he saved

our club and I'm well aware he is here to make money but the fact remains,if your going to shout your mouth off about bringing people in then bring them in ffs,if not then don't say

anything.

For what it's worth I wouldn't have paid a fraction of 800k for Tubbs but fair play to B'mouth for having a crack at it.

We were warned by Leicester fans that he likes to make big noises and fails to deliver and it's starting to ring true.

The price of failing to gain promotion will be far greater than a few hundred grand and I hope Milan understands that.

We will have our day in the sun when Milan has decided to sell us on To richer people ie Leicester.

True mate,I will always be greatful that he saved

our club and I'm well aware he is here to make money but the fact remains,if your going to shout your mouth off about bringing people in then bring them in ffs,if not then don't say

anything.

For what it's worth I wouldn't have paid a fraction of 800k for Tubbs but fair play to B'mouth for having a crack at it.

We were warned by Leicester fans that he likes to make big noises and fails to deliver and it's starting to ring true.

The price of failing to gain promotion will be far greater than a few hundred grand and I hope Milan understands that.

We will have our day in the sun when Milan has decided to sell us on To richer people ie Leicester.

I'm pretty sure that whenever he has said "We will bring in X number of players" he has delivered. Don't forget we have already brought in 4 and 1 loan this window!

Just not bothered...

Just seen that he is set to sign for Bournemouth.

Does anybody remember the radio interview with our scout saying that Matt Tubbs is a great player and one that we should definitely have looked at years ago, but now keep tabs on for the future. He wouldnt be a gamble at all and would be a great player for us in this league and hopefully the championship.

A but pissed that we havent gone for him to be honest.

ryan lowe last season scored 29 goals for bury ,we signed him for around 50-100k( depending on who you believe) and the bloke struggles to make our starting eleven ......matt tubbs as scored 10 so far so his record aint as good as lowe's so why would you want to spend 800k on him .

800k is a good deal for Bournemouth but wouldn't have been for us. They're buying the prospect as much as the player so are prepared to pay a premium. The prospect being: Tubbs' goals could be the difference between playoffs/promotion and not. Deadline day's looming; they know they're short of a goalscorer; and they seem to be prepared to throw money at it.

I don't think he'd make that difference for us. They're signing him as their main striker. People are disappointed that we're not adding him as our fifth. He wouldn't walk into our team: Lowe's scoring record in those divisions must be comparable; Madine is one of the first names on the teamsheet; and it's going to be tough to drop O'Grady at the moment. Even Morrison is staking a claim.

No point buying for the sake of buying.

They've always viewed him as one that got away It's a massive fee for a first division club but he's a local lad who should quickly settle into their side Reminds me a bit of when Southampton signed Lambert, Tubbs goals may well carry Bournemouth to promotion next season