Tubbs signs for Bournemouth

Guest macs1981

800k or less would get us Wordsworth and I'd take that If it meant the difference between promotion and another season in this flip awful league.

Can't fault B'mouth for having the balls and ambition to have a crack at it,I'm just jealous of a lesser team who are willing to spend some money.

Like previously mentioned,I think Milan is full of wee wee and wind,he tells us what we want to hear but it never happens.

He wasnt full of wind and wee wee when he saved us from going under.

Guest kylejswfc

I don't really see how we could look at Tubbs as anything other than a gamble. He's scoring shedloads of goals in a team that are running away with promotion, and obviously it's alot easier scoring goals in a team playing well.

I think our frontline is the last place we want to worry about, especially in this league. I'll be the first to admit I wasn't to keen on O'Grady in his first few games but he's started to look the part, and whilst at the same time I'm still not certain of Madine, I can't argue with his goalscoring record so keep him in.

If it ain't broken don't fix it.

True mate,I will always be greatful that he saved our club and I'm well aware he is here to make money but the fact remains,if your going to shout your mouth off about bringing people in then bring them in ffs,if not then don't say anything. For what it's worth I wouldn't have paid a fraction of 800k for Tubbs but fair play to B'mouth for having a crack at it. We were warned by Leicester fans that he likes to make big noises and fails to deliver and it's starting to ring true. The price of failing to gain promotion will be far greater than a few hundred grand and I hope Milan understands that. We will have our day in the sun when Milan has decided to sell us on To richer people ie Leicester.

The club has to build a sound financial base, not expect other people to put cash in.

Name another industry in the world, other than football, there business is supported by large and regular cash injections from wealthy people? (and dont say banks! :tongue: )

You must be mad if you want us to head back to where have been for 15 years, in debt to chairmen, ex chairment, the bank, the pen supplier and the cleaner.

Lets have a few years of financial good health before we gamble too much eh??

£800k for a 27 year old unproven in this league is IMO crazy! I know Bournemouth have some money behind them now but hope they are not another Portsmouth chasing the dream.

Really pleased we did not follow up our reported interest at this price. Think about it, if he has signed on a 2 or 3 year deal he will be almost 30 and have very little sell on price towards the end of his contract, certainly they will struggle to recoup the majority of the fee paid.

Well done Crawley, Bournemouth you've been done.