The Official January Transfer Window Thread

I thought it was interesting Keith Hill spoke about M.Jones in glowing terms despite having missed out on him. Hill might be a bit of a fool, but I don't think he's a mug when it comes to spotting a player. I'm sure the same people who are writing him off, wrote off Reda, and M.Morrison (who, by all accounts, has established himself as one of the best CB's in the division).

I thought it was interesting Keith Hill spoke about M.Jones in glowing terms despite having missed out on him. Hill might be a bit of a fool, but I don't think he's a mug when it comes to spotting a player. I'm sure the same people who are writing him off, wrote off Reda, and M.Morrison (who, by all accounts, has established himself as one of the best CB's in the division).

Danny Wilson spoke in similar glowing terms before Utd played Bury recently. It was in reply to a question about Bury losing their best player (Jones) just before the game

Guest foreverSWFC

SHUT.

81 pages filled with rubbish speculation and Ben Marshall. Well the window has been dissapointing, and nothing mor gut wrenching than seeing Ben Marshall hold up a Leicester shirt.

I hate the transfer window. End of thread.

Oh right, don't listen to radio when I'm not at games cause we also lose, so didn't hear.

Should be a good bargain when he comes good.

Yes I think so too. Taking a while to bed in and perhaps not in the same physical shape as the rest of the squad. Maybe he's currently got a bit of an injury niggle or Megson's putting him through a pre-season type of regime to get him up to speed. I'd expect to see him featuring in some shape or form soon. Anyone know if Lowe was an injury absentee tonight?

Having Buxton and Sedge playing in the wide positions confirms what a few of us have been saying.

M.Jones gets nowhere near the squad, waste of a signing.

Marshall not replaced.

Mk Dons were there for the taking today, so were Walsall, Huddersfield and Hartlepool recently.

We have a strong squad with a great work ethic.

But

We seriously lack quality in the final third.

Lets not complain though and just accept it.

Some valid points tbf

but still ...

post-445-0-41228800-1316071007_thumb.jpg

Edited by camffiti

Worrall was Bury best player, probably too expensive though.

Dunno who their best player is/was. Just quoting what the interviewer was saying. Danny Wilson was very complimentary though.

Guest Sniper1

Sniper1, along with lincowl you've absolutely poisoned this thread with page upon page of your babyish whining about how bad this window has been and about how terrible everything is.

You said you were going to shut up about it, not me. Are you or not?

Poisoned the thread?

:biggrin: Are you for real?

I don't think we have done enough in this window, whats your problem?

Why can't i voice my concerns, why is it poison?

We will only know at the end of the season, shall we just close Owlstalk til then?

So thats it then, gutted united and Huddersfield haven't sold any of their best players and we haven't strengthened further

So it's now poo or bust for the grunters, either go up this season or have to pretty much cut around £5/6m from their wage bill next season when financial FairPlay comes into action.

As for Huddersfield, if they don't go up then Roberts will leave for free in the summer and they've already accepted Rhodes will leave in the summer if they don't go up.

So thats it then, gutted united and Huddersfield haven't sold any of their best players and we haven't strengthened further

Personally I think that getting Jones and Bywater on contracts plus Bostock on loan will improve us. Jones is highly rated though admittedly hasn't hit the ground running. I have a gut feeling that Bostock might prove to be a real fan favourite. Let's see what unfolds.

Guest Sheff Owl

Can't believe the teams around us have not lost anyone.

It's gonna be very interesting over the next few weeks.

It would be nice now to start putting a run together of WINS and hope some results starting going for us and a gap starts to open up, surely it can't be like this till the final 5 games?

Why can't i voice my concerns, why is it poison?

We will only know at the end of the season, shall we just close Owlstalk til then?

But you're not voicing an opinion. You're whining like a spoilt baby.

And if it is just an opinion, then your opinion is dribbling w*nk.

Pages and pages of utter t*ss.

Guest Sniper1

But you're not voicing an opinion. You're whining like a spoilt baby.

And if it is just an opinion, then your opinion is dribbling w*nk.

Pages and pages of utter t*ss.

Everything ive put is me voicing my concerns, so its my opinion.

Shall i go down your route of targetting posters rather than actually contributing to the topic?

So it's now poo or bust for the grunters, either go up this season or have to pretty much cut around £5/6m from their wage bill next season when financial FairPlay comes into action.

As for Huddersfield, if they don't go up then Roberts will leave for free in the summer and they've already accepted Rhodes will leave in the summer if they don't go up.

Yep its sh*t or bust for both of them really, if they don't go up neither will have a prayer next year.

Whereas if we don't go up we'll only be stronger for next year (possibly minus Madine but we'll replace him if he goes).

Are you sure?

75k and you let your best player go?

Get real FFS.

As Ecclesall said. It was a clause in his contract.

Worrall was Bury best player, probably too expensive though.

Not according to journalists and their fans who have seen a hell of a lot more of them.

Edited by Chris E

All the speculation...

All the excitement ...For a

keeper we already knew all about, good freebie

llera we already knew all about, good freebie

75k on jones who know nothing about, could be a bargain, have to wait and see.

Another loanee in bostock which could be promising player.

Total spendage 75k

Hoping to sign 3 players, rumoured 2 perm n 1 loan. We seem to be 2 short.

MM quoted he will back GM wot ever he needs and wants.

Just stating facts... Not having a go at MM, love him to bits for saving our club and for wot he's done so far, just seems that Leicester fans may have been right all along.

Empty promises. Build up hopes etc...

I know it's difficult to get players at right money etc that can improve our squad, just other lesser clubs seem to have managed

I know it's difficult to get players at right money etc that can improve our squad, just other lesser clubs seem to have managed

Apart from Bournmouth who've got a new billionaire owner I'm not sure which lesser clubs in the division have pushed the boat out more?