The Official January Transfer Window Thread

All the speculation...

All the excitement ...For a

keeper we already knew all about, good freebie

llera we already knew all about, good freebie

75k on jones who know nothing about, could be a bargain, have to wait and see.

Another loanee in bostock which could be promising player.

Total spendage 75k

Hoping to sign 3 players, rumoured 2 perm n 1 loan. We seem to be 2 short.

MM quoted he will back GM wot ever he needs and wants.

Just stating facts... Not having a go at MM, love him to bits for saving our club and for wot he's done so far, just seems that Leicester fans may have been right all along.

Empty promises. Build up hopes etc...

I know it's difficult to get players at right money etc that can improve our squad, just other lesser clubs seem to have managed

I think the ones that have spent have overspent. £800k for Tubbs?!?!? £1m offered for Richie?!?!?

Guest Sniper1

As Ecclesall said. It was a clause in his contract.

Not according to journalists and their fans who have seen a hell of a lot more of them.

Thanks

I hope Jones proves me wrong and turns into a top player.

I know its still early days but the lads not even made the matchday squad today.

Its hardly the best start is it.

What happened to only improving our first 11 we have too many average shirt fillers?

Guest Sniper1

All the speculation...

All the excitement ...For a

keeper we already knew all about, good freebie

llera we already knew all about, good freebie

75k on jones who know nothing about, could be a bargain, have to wait and see.

Another loanee in bostock which could be promising player.

Total spendage 75k

Hoping to sign 3 players, rumoured 2 perm n 1 loan. We seem to be 2 short.

MM quoted he will back GM wot ever he needs and wants.

Just stating facts... Not having a go at MM, love him to bits for saving our club and for wot he's done so far, just seems that Leicester fans may have been right all along.

Empty promises. Build up hopes etc...

I know it's difficult to get players at right money etc that can improve our squad, just other lesser clubs seem to have managed

Not just me then.

Feel exactly the same.

Guest Owls1682

Boring now!! Marshall was never gonna stay in this league whether he loved Wednesday or not. Let's face it, until we get of this league we are never gonna attract the "big signings".

Let's be gratefull with what we got. Decent keepers, strong back 4 (in different combos ) and guys in Maine, Lowe and COG that know where net is.

Yes it would be awesome if we had a more creative midfield but if JJ, jones and bostock shine then we will be there or there abouts.

We can hold our own against top 2 spenders in league and wouldn't swap our squad with pigs,

In Megson we trust

UTO

Thanks

I hope Jones proves me wrong and turns into a top player.

I know its still early days but the lads not even made the matchday squad today.

Its hardly the best start is it.

What happened to only improving our first 11 we have too many average shirt fillers?

True, but it is only a start. As said previously he might be injured or maybe Megson is putting him through a fitness regime to get him up to the fitness levels of the squad before re-introducing him. I don't think personally that he'll turn out to be just a shirt filler. Word is that he's a lot better than that. As I also said earlier, best wait and see on Bostock too. My hunch is that he'll be a fans favourite before long.

I think now that the window has closed, we will step up a gear. All the recent uncertainty has definately affected the squad, Ben10's last 2 games for us were poor by his standards, I think the squad will close ranks now and develop a siege like mentality. Tonight's point at MK is an excellent start, Megson is our trump card, he knows what is required.

Have faith people, we're about to go supernova.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Its really just that left-wing slot Marshall replacement we are missing. JJ gives us pace and a few goals but Marshall's assists from wide to the strikers is something Megson will need to sort out when the loan window re-opens.

I think we will have more than Marshall with the combination of Bostock, Jones and another creative player to come in on loan - maybe Bodde.

For future transfer window's wouldn't it be better to announce that we are not expecting any business?

I ask because as soon as we say we are going after someone or looking to strengthen, either we become priced out, or invite other clubs to have a shot at our targets. Wouldn't it be better to a pessimist and be pleasantly surprised or a disappointed optimist?

I think everyone should stop getting so offended/upset by it.

The whole window has turned into a farse since SSN turned it that way.

It is what it is, Megson has said we will use the loan window so look forward to a player or two next week.

Couple of quality loans should see us push on.

Agree. After SSN got several 'facts' wrong before 8am yesterday, I posted this -

May they should stick to what they do best - sh*t stirring about pre game hand shakes, racism and imaginary card waving?

It was probably a mistake when MM said he would be spending about another £3-4m between Xmas and the end of the season - think some of us were expecting more in this transfer window....

But thats the problem tho Bob. It was ppl's misunderstanding of what he said. I think he meant on the running of the club and improving things behind the scenes.

I think peoples perception of what we "need" and what is available for sensible money are poles apart.

If I was MM, I would do exactly the same.

If you can blag your way up on loans then you are not stuck with players on contracts so you can then really strengthen when you are in the next tier.

In theory you are also meant to be getting players of a higher quality.