King Curran speaks about the derby

Good read, he talks about his love for Wednesday and says he only joined Yoonited to p!ss Big Jack off after they fell out over transfer policy. TC told him we needed a keeper, a centre half and a striker, Big Jack told him to keep his nose out so he left. That summer Jack left, Wilko came in and signed Hodge, Lyons and Chapman, we got promoted that season, looks

like TC knew his onions then :biggrin:

He also says he partly blames Wilson along with Pleat for wasting millions in crap players and Wilson will one day look back on his time at the blades as a mistake like his own.

lol lol lol

You've gotta love TC haven't you :smile:

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/curran_owls_were_less_than_wise_with_transfers_1_3861358

He might have a crap memory, but he's still a legend. Will never forget those derby matches from 79/80 as long as I live.

Perception and memory are two competing facets of cognition. Jack did have problems at the back though.....Remember/percieve hime being one of the first to go with three centre backs at Carlisle......We got drubbed 3-0 ....What would OT'rs have made of that ?

Love em both Jack with the aid of TC turned the corner for us !

Met him in a pub in Wakefield probably well over 15 years ago. He knew my mate's sister in law so I hadn't approached him as fan/stalker so I tried to make small talk and spare him from football talk for a while but it didn't last long. As soon as I blurted out I was a season ticket holder he said what a great club Wednesday are and that he shouldn't have left when he did. For about twenty minutes we were swapping notes about players like a couple of kids.

Because he knew people I was with he was always going to be polite to me but I got the impression that he would have been happy to talk all night to anyone about footy and especially Wednesday.

I also met Hirsty a few years ago who is also a good bloke and indulged my overawed inanity. My mate took a photo - pre mobile phone cam days - which he thinks his wife "put away somewhere". FFS.

Not really namedropping as neither one of 'em would remember me or even notice if I got stuck to the bottom of their shoes but I think TC and Hirsty are two of the Holy Trinity of Wednesday players.

Who should I stalk next to complete my collection? Or haven't I even got one of the three and need to start again with Clinton, Jeffers or Leon?

I'm undecided about the third but I can't see anybody disagreeing with me about the first two.

I wonder if one or two of the current lineup realise thay have a chance of achieving at least a minor saintly status in the very near future starting on Sunday and coming to fruition with promotion in May 2013.

I don't think that was too bad as I started being nostalgic for the old days but ended up looking optimistically to the future.

So - who are the Holy Trinity?

Answers on a postcard please. I'd be interested to know what everybody else thinks. I'd also like to make it clear that I will not be stalking any of the lucky winners.

Met him in a pub in Wakefield probably well over 15 years ago. He knew my mate's sister in law so I hadn't approached him as fan/stalker so I tried to make small talk and spare him from football talk for a while but it didn't last long. As soon as I blurted out I was a season ticket holder he said what a great club Wednesday are and that he shouldn't have left when he did. For about twenty minutes we were swapping notes about players like a couple of kids.

Because he knew people I was with he was always going to be polite to me but I got the impression that he would have been happy to talk all night to anyone about footy and especially Wednesday.

I also met Hirsty a few years ago who is also a good bloke and indulged my overawed inanity. My mate took a photo - pre mobile phone cam days - which he thinks his wife "put away somewhere". FFS.

Not really namedropping as neither one of 'em would remember me or even notice if I got stuck to the bottom of their shoes but I think TC and Hirsty are two of the Holy Trinity of Wednesday players.

Who should I stalk next to complete my collection? Or haven't I even got one of the three and need to start again with Clinton, Jeffers or Leon?

I'm undecided about the third but I can't see anybody disagreeing with me about the first two.

I wonder if one or two of the current lineup realise thay have a chance of achieving at least a minor saintly status in the very near future starting on Sunday and coming to fruition with promotion in May 2013.

I don't think that was too bad as I started being nostalgic for the old days but ended up looking optimistically to the future.

So - who are the Holy Trinity?

Answers on a postcard please. I'd be interested to know what everybody else thinks. I'd also like to make it clear that I will not be stalking any of the lucky winners.

desmond walker.