Player ratings

Semedo is absolutely immense. Astonished we've paid nothing for him.

Something I wasn't aware of, my wife who's Brazilian noticed his name on my Fifa game and said "he has the coolest name" I asked what she meant and she said that Semedo basically translates from Portuguese as fearless, or without fear, thought that was rather cool and had to share it :)

Guest bartos

JOC had a decent first half, was always switched on while others around him went to sleep.

Agreed he was very poor 2nd half though, Kivo ratings for me but I'd give Bennet a 7, much improved

Edited by bartos

Something I wasn't aware of, my wife who's Brazilian noticed his name on my Fifa game and said "he has the coolest name" I asked what she meant and she said that Semedo basically translates from Portuguese as fearless, or without fear, thought that was rather cool and had to share it :)

It's bang on.

Although if it translated to 'Brick Sh*t House' it would be even more apt.

He's so so good. Players just bounce off him.

Bywater - 6 - Did everything that was asked. No chance for goal. No saves to make. Good handling, kicking, organising etc.

Buxton - 8 - Superb engine, and his form is unbelievable. Him and Marshall made their left back (Grounds) look a complete fool in the first half.

Jones - 9 - Proving himself to be a brilliant captain and performer. A beast in the air.

Baath - 8 - Forming a brilliant partnership with Jones. Just one goal conceded in three games. Kept Clarke quiet throughout.

Bennett - 7 - Did OK, steady enough. Just not totally convinced as yet.

Semedo - 8 - I LOVE HIM. End of.

Lines - 7 - Looked to put his foot on the ball when he could. Did well alongside Semedo.

Marshall - 9 - In the first half, he was absolutely superb. Poor old Grounds wanted the ground to swallow him up (excuse the pun!).Brilliant goal as well to calm the nerves.

O'Connor - 6 - First half he did OK, without offering anything going forward, and as a result everything had to go down the right hand side. Started the 2nd half poorly.

O'Grady - 7 - Looks like he's lacking match fitness, and was quiet in the first half. Showed some neat touches though, and linked up well for Madine's goal. More to come I feel.

Madine - 8 - Oozing with confidence, constant thorne in Chesterfield's side. Good strike for goal, and could have had another.

Bywater - 7 - not much to do

Cafu - 8 - superb as usual

Batth - 8 - solid

Jones - 9 - immense today

Bennett - 6 - not convinced

Semedo - 8 - beast as usual

Lines - 7 - tidy

JOC - 4 - total liability today. 4 is generous

Marshall - 8 - his link up play with Cafu is superb

Madine - 9 - magnificent

COG - 7 - improved as the game went on, great first touch, needs games

Bring back Reda at LB, and JJ in for JOC... tidy

Was hoping for more from O'grady. He just wasn't up to speed with the game and looked cumbersome.

Hopefully he will get alot sharper than that. He needs to.

We've got mcgoldrick and Lowe to keep him on his toes :)

Semedo was immense. - 9

Buxton full of running -8

Madine, winning more headers, and great goal -8

Jones won most of his battles -8

Marshall always looked like he had a goal in him 7

Baath steady game -7

Bywater - nowt to do 6

Bennett 6 Average

O G Simpson, a bit disappointing, but linked up well for Madine's goal. 6

Lines steady but sat too deep at times 6

JOC started off ok, but reverted to his usual giving the ball away 5

JJ met his match for pace with Talbot 5

Segewick laid a couple of nice passes on 5

Bywater - 6 - Did everything that was asked. No chance for goal. No saves to make. Good handling, kicking, organising etc.

Buxton - 8 - Superb engine, and his form is unbelievable. Him and Marshall made their left back (Grounds) look a complete fool in the first half.

Jones - 9 - Proving himself to be a brilliant captain and performer. A beast in the air.

Baath - 8 - Forming a brilliant partnership with Jones. Just one goal conceded in three games. Kept Clarke quiet throughout.

Bennett - 7 - Did OK, steady enough. Just not totally convinced as yet.

Semedo - 8 - I LOVE HIM. End of.

Lines - 7 - Looked to put his foot on the ball when he could. Did well alongside Semedo.

Marshall - 9 - In the first half, he was absolutely superb. Poor old Grounds wanted the ground to swallow him up (excuse the pun!).Brilliant goal as well to calm the nerves.

O'Connor - 6 - First half he did OK, without offering anything going forward, and as a result everything had to go down the right hand side. Started the 2nd half poorly.

O'Grady - 7 - Looks like he's lacking match fitness, and was quiet in the first half. Showed some neat touches though, and linked up well for Madine's goal. More to come I feel.

Madine - 8 - Oozing with confidence, constant thorne in Chesterfield's side. Good strike for goal, and could have had another.

Apart from the goal ;) . I agree though Baath did have a good game, hopefully getting back to his best.

Cafu is playing with such confidence. In the second the ball looked like it was going to go out. Cafu casually flicked over his own head and then calmly brought it under control while their player overran the ball and stood off the pitch thinking it was a throwing.

Guest Bald Owl

I

Bywater - 6 (didn't see the goal), Buxton - 8 (superb again), Batth - 7, Jones - 8 (immense), Bennett - 6 (still unsure), Marshall - 8, Lines - 7, Semedo - 9 (still never given him less than 8, a beast), O.Connor - 7 (did a good job first half), Madine - 8, O'Grady - 7. Johnson - 7

Agreed except for O'Connor really poor, 3

Rob Jones was man of the match today by a distance in my opinion. He won EVERYTHING. Almost literally. I would love to see the stats for his challenges today.

could not agree more, pal. Got something on everything. rock solid defender who stops the opposition.

Purse did this too but was playing with poor players. What a difference a team makes lol

The defence was excellent. Thought Bennett was better than many are suggesting and probably deserves to stay in for the derby. Looked fitter and showed bursts of pace we hadn't seen previously.

Semedo and Marshall excellent, as was Madine. COG was solid IMO.

Buxton was my MOTM, didn't put a foot wrong defensively and formed an awesome attacking partnership down the right.