Football League Show

Can't abide this programme, shocking production values and presenters, it's as if they consider fans of teams outside their beloved Premiership to be a bit simple. I never watch it live, always record it so that I can skip all the crap and just watch the goals.

Does Claridge still spend all of his screen time doing this?

claridge404_677809c.jpg

Guest Obi-John Kenobi

The whole show is a joke. From the studio design, looking like it was put together on a couple of quid, to the clueless "expert" to that utterly pointless segment with the texts and emails...

Also, what the **** is with the intro to the show? Match of the Day pretty much always has a quality intro, but the Football League show is patronising and, well, just poo .

Thing is with the FL show is that the BBC don't produce it, they just buy it. It's made by an external company.

My ex works for BBC sport and I complain to her most weeks about Claridge and tell her to forward my hatred. However there's nothing the BBC can do apart from not airing it.

Thing is with the FL show is that the BBC don't produce it, they just buy it. It's made by an external company.

My ex works for BBC sport and I complain to her most weeks about Claridge and tell her to forward my hatred. However there's nothing the BBC can do apart from not airing it.

It produced by I MG International I think.

Guest cjowl1972

Did we actually play yesterday? - That miserable tw@t Claridge didn't mention us! :mad:

Nice to see Wadsworth and Solano close to tears when being interviewed lol lol

Claridge shouldn't be bitter about us not signing him, he was 39, it was always unlikely. Sturrock just took a chance on having him train with us as we had MacLean injured, hadn't yet signed Leon Best or David Graham, so we had just Peacock and Proudlock, Corr as well. Think that was all we had.

i don't know why you all keep watching it, it's an absolute joke of a show.

yes for some reason we get short changed on there every week but who gives a f*ck? claridge is by miles the worst football pundit on the planet, all we're missing out on is "uhh yeah, they're doing well at the moment, they'll be hoping they can keep it up".

I dont get all the antagonism tbh. The show isn't great. Claridge is a bit wooden and predictable. But there are around 70 clubs to feature each week, so it cant be an easy job giving equal air time to all of them.

The very fact that we have a show that shows ALL the goals from the FL is in itself something of a revelation for old gits like me who grew up watching the highlights of 2 first division games on MOTD.....and that was it. Grateful for small mercies I am.

That's true, I don't give a damn if they mention us or not. I'd probably rather they didn't sour our name by using it on the show, and yep Claridge does act like a total wee wee tail on that show, why do they employ him for it when he's no good?

I think most of us, me included, just watch it to see our goals/highlights. I wouldn't even listen if they talked about us now anyway, who gives a f**k what they think.

We play on the Sunday so I doubt they're going to mention the game a week later, unfortunately. Surely they'll make a mention of Sheridan returning to Hillsborough next week though?

He won`t mention us he`ll say " And now we have Chesterfield who are doing well against their local rivals , Their manager used to play for them but after losing 7-0 Chesterfiel will have to pick themselves up " and voi la no mention of the massive Wednsday :smile:

That was shocking last night. Absolutely cringeworthy.

Could not believe that they did not mention wednesday at the end of it.

Who gives a **** about Solano anyway!

Absolute Fuckim Joke once again i said it a few weeks ago claridge and that manish bloke must really not like us. Or they are another couple of Muppets who don't like Megson.