Madine : ALF : Cody

I don't understand why in January, we were happy paying £800K for Madine, yet we won't fork out £500-600k for ALF or Cody, who both have better goal scoring records than Madine?

I fully understand Manderic doesn't support SWFC and this is purely a business venture for him..but it seems he didn't mind spending the money in the January transfer window.

You 100% believe we paid a lump sum up front payment of £800k for Madine? I don't think so TBH, and it seems Rotherham aren't happy to get the Alf fee in a (as is standard practice these days) % lump sum with the rest to follow.

Guest dunellaowl

Rotherham will be selling their best player so its understandable mr stewart holding out for a bit more, as for madine milan has seen it as an investment IMO on a tall young striker who will progress under the right manager, as for paying 800,000 grand I think there will have been a down payment plus add ons for goals, promotion etc, cody mac is with a premier league club so wages and incentives will hinder a straight forward signing regardless of the fee!! Be patient, we will get our man/men eventually!!

I really dont understand why we cant offer £350k when weve already offered £300k ?

seems ridiculous to me , but thats why im not the chairman i suppose !

If the Rotherham chairman's to be believed we only offered 100k up front with this last bid, so we're still 250k away on the up front asking price.

I don't understand why in January, we were happy paying £800K for Madine, yet we won't fork out £500-600k for ALF or Cody, who both have better goal scoring records than Madine?

I fully understand Manderic doesn't support SWFC and this is purely a business venture for him..but it seems he didn't mind spending the

money in the January transfer window.

We paid 350k for Madine that will rise to 750k with add ons, promotion, goals scored etc

If the Rotherham chairman's to be believed we only offered 100k up front with this last bid, so we're still 250k away on the up front asking price.

The sky article this morning suggests we offered a straight 300k and they're just trying to squeeze a little bit extra as we're the only club who's showed genuine interest. If we had made a silly offer I'm sure we'd have been put in the same bracket as Coventry with their joke offer that was just to appease their fans lol

The sky article this morning suggests we offered a straight 300k and they're just trying to squeeze a little bit extra as we're the only club who's showed genuine interest. If we had made a silly offer I'm sure we'd have been put in the same bracket as Coventry with their joke offer that was just to appease their fans lol

It doesn't suggest we offered a straight 300k though.

Guest thekelch

Madine was younger and has played more games at this level than either - I also very much doubt it was £800k up front, most of it will have been add-ons if we had won promotion etc.

I can't believe all these "why won't he gamble" threads, he did last January it didn't work and Mandaric personally lost several million out of it. No wonder he isn't doing it again!

Honest question, didn't Madine have 13 goals for Carlisle half way through the season when we signed him? I wouldn't be surprised if that was more than Cody's at that same point in time and in a higher division.

Not that we'll pay anything even remotely close to £800k for Madine until we go up, I'm sure.