Paolo D.

Guest moonraker

Someone's got a grudge I see.

:dry:

The board stabbed our best player (and shortly afterwards our second best player) squarely in the back and sold the fans a bunch of bullsh*t about what was happening. As is always the case, large numbers of them swallowed the lies and still haven't seen through them to this day. Meanwhile, we were relegated within 18 months and a decade of abject misery well and truly started, whilst one of it's prime architects scuttled away to his cushy new job as if it had nothing to do with him.

Di Canio was a genius (we'll leave his politics and attitude out of this :biggrin:) and anyone who says otherwise should just be pointed at and ridiculed.

PDC was the most entertaining footballer Hillsboro`s ever seen and at the end of the day football is an entertainment. Number 1 on my list of Wednesday players followed by Waddle then Hirst. What a strike force that would have been.

Do you not remember him pouring his water flask onto the pitch with a thumbs down motion to the kop? He hates Wednesday, so Wednesday should hate him.

Yes, the board and management forsake him when he pushed alcock, but still, if he wants to bear a grudge, then so should we.

Surely if his every touch was booed by Wednesday fans on his first return to Hillsborough, a player as volatile as Di Canio is going to react. Fans (including our own) can be so fickle...if he came back to Wednesday as a manager and we got back to the Premiership then we'd all love him like we did Ron Atkinson.

Quite simply the most skillful player I have ever seen in a Wednesday shirt....but he could be a mardy sod as well.

Guest xvivahatex

Loved Di Canio, but before he arrived Carbone was a flipping monster of a player.

All went wrong when he shaved his hair off.

Never forget the 45 mins against Man United at Hillsborough we arsed raped them, Benni scored a wonder goal and outclassed Cantona that night.

In my 48 years watching the Owls he was the most gifted player.

Yes there were a few other greats, but PDC is the only one that I EXPECTED something to happen. Others I hoped.

It took a time to get over his departure and I understand the reception he got in his WHU visit.

He could be a nutcase but god - could he play? he certainly 'grew up' at WHU.

However, if he came back now I'd use his sh*t for toothpaste.

(Well maybe not) :blush:

Enjoy these....

Paulo Di Canio, quite simply one of the most skillfull players ever to don a wednesday shirt. Danny Wilson could'nt manage him and Dave Richards neither liked him or stood up for him when he needed it the most. As a club we let him down but ask most wednesday fans of their top 10 players of all time and Paulo will figure most of the time. What with Francis not signing Cantona and then Wilson and Richards forcing Paulo out of the club stupid decsions like this have had a big bearing as to why we are in League one now. You cannot blame Paulo for how he feels about the club as he was treated like poo poo by the people at the top at the time and also some of the supporters who could'nt see the wood for the trees.

oh here we go again

Tell you what, all those that think Di Canio was the injured party, try this at work tomorrow.

Walk in and shove the first person you see in the chest......dont worry if they dont fall over....just shove em

Then f*ck off to Italy and tell everyone on your way out that they know where to find you if they still want you to work for them.

Then wait.........and wait....

oh here we go again

Tell you what, all those that think Di Canio was the injured party, try this at work tomorrow.

Walk in and shove the first person you see in the chest......dont worry if they dont fall over....just shove em

Then f*ck off to Italy and tell everyone on your way out that they know where to find you if they still want you to work for them.

...for the spin and lies?

...for the spin and lies?

I dont need Spin and lies....I was there and heard the idiot on the TV larking about in his shop in Italy wanting to know why wednesday hadn't come and asked him to go back......oh and lets not forget he was depressed as well!

oh here we go again

Tell you what I`ll go to work tomorrow and do what David Haye does for a living and start knocking people out. Yes I`ll get the sack , I`d also get the sack if I went to work and played football. The sport has it`s rules end of as does the workplace. Cantona did a lot worse but Man U looked after him.

I dont need Spin and lies....I was there and heard the idiot on the TV larking about in his shop in Italy wanting to know why wednesday hadn't come and asked him to go back......oh and lets not forget he was depressed as well!

I'm not suggesting you were the one lying. That can't be said for everyone involved in this grubby tale though. I remember that same thing you do, yet the club told us they had no idea where he was. Funny that isn't it?

Edited by DJMortimer

Someone's got a grudge I see.

:dry:

The board stabbed our best player (and shortly afterwards our second best player) squarely in the back and sold the fans a bunch of bullsh*t about what was happening. As is always the case, large numbers of them swallowed the lies and still haven't seen through them to this day. Meanwhile, we were relegated within 18 months and a decade of abject misery well and truly started, whilst one of it's prime architects scuttled away to his cushy new job as if it had nothing to do with him.

Di Canio was a genius (we'll leave his politics and attitude out of this :biggrin:) and anyone who says otherwise should just be pointed at and ridiculed.

You can do facts and figures, i'll give you that.

You can't get a good handle on emotion though. I don't dispute he was hung out to dry by certain people, and just plain let down by others, however his actions subsequently mean he holds no affection in my heart, despite the many moments of sheer magic I witnessed, and some of it was inspirational.

He was a mercenary, he chose to attack Wednesday fans on numerous occasions and no, you cannot untagle his fascist views from who he is

Our demise started when he arrived, not when he left, no matter what he did on the pitch during his time at Hillsborough.

You can't get a good handle on emotion though.

Yours appear to be clouded by your own prejudices.

He was a mercenary, he chose to attack Wednesday fans on numerous occasions and no, you cannot untagle his fascist views from who he is

So that goal he scored at Everton for instance was somehow less brilliant because he is a fascist?

:huh:

Not sure about 'attacking Wednesday fans on numerous occasions' either. When he returned to Hillsborough and received a hostile reception, it's perfectly in keeping with his volatile temperament to have reacted petulantly. I read his book a few years ago and don't recall such feelings of animosity towards us but I do recall other comments that state the opposite point of view, such as his praise for the away following who continued cheering when we got battered 2-7 at Blackburn.

Our demise started when he arrived, not when he left, no matter what he did on the pitch during his time at Hillsborough.

If you really believe that, especially considering what happened in the season and a half after he left, then I'm wasting my time.

People backing him make my blood boil

Most talented Wednesday player ever - yes

But a pathetic individual that poo poo on us!!

End of

A bit strong but I agree to some extent. One of the most talented players ever, yes completely some of the things he could do were just sublime. Unfortunately we treated him poorly but make no mistake he treated us like cr@p in the end too. He stated he was to ill to travel and wouldn't be back for a while. Couple of weeks later West Ham put in a bid and he is on the first plane back. Real shame as I idolised him as a kid.