Paolo D.

Guest moonraker

Guest moonraker

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swindon_town/9482709.stm

Hi Owls fans.

First of all apologies if this has been posted.

Hope you all have a good summer and indeed your next season is better than the last.

That said it was disastrous for my club Swindon and the thought of the pushy one becoming our new boss is mixed feelings...jump for joy or jump off a bridge!

Didn't realise his political view is rather right sided and to be frank i am amazed our board are interviewing him with this in mind in todays very PC world.

Great player he was though if a tad loopy!

Would he be welcome back at Wednesday,?not sure if he left under a cloud or with his head held high.

As i said hope the pre season gets you some good signings....and good luck.

Guest thetruthisoutthere

http://news.bbc.co.u...own/9482709.stm

Hi Owls fans.

First of all apologies if this has been posted.

Hope you all have a good summer and indeed your next season is better than the last.

That said it was disastrous for my club Swindon and the thought of the pushy one becoming our new boss is mixed feelings...jump for joy or jump off a bridge!

Didn't realise his political view is rather right sided and to be frank i am amazed our board are interviewing him with this in mind in todays very PC world.

Great player he was though if a tad loopy!

Would he be welcome back at Wednesday,?not sure if he left under a cloud or with his head held high.

As i said hope the pre season gets you some good signings....and good luck.

If he ever steps foot in Hillsborough again for any reason at all he will get a standing ovation - was one of the most talented players I ever saw live

Maybe people's views change over time but the atmosphere at that match against West Ham when he came back to Hillsborough is probably the most hostile I have heard at Hillsborough. We won, and I think Cresswell scored.

Maybe people's views change over time but the atmosphere at that match against West Ham when he came back to Hillsborough is probably the most hostile I have heard at Hillsborough. We won, and I think Cresswell scored.

Towards Paolo?

I love the guy.

My favourite ever Wednesday player and my favourite ever player.

Treated poorly by the club at the time of the Alcock incident. Totally hung out to dry by "Sir" Dave Richards (who had his eye on a job at the FA).

Our demise spiralled out of control in dramatic fashion from that day against Arsenal and we've only just bottomed out..

flip knows how he'll get on in management. Could go all sorts of different ways with a card like Di Canio.

One thing for certain though, he was a great player. Total character (maybe nutcase is more appropriate). A legend here

Correct me if I'm wrong, but on P d C's last visit to Hillsborough with WHU, I think we lost and were relegated at the end of the season. If it was the game that I think it was P d C was booed off at the end and was giving "going down" signs as he entered the tunnel.

Yep, heard some people slag him off to the fullest!

I don't understand it personally... I still think if we stood by him, kept him then we wouldn't be in this mess now (Or at least as much mess...)

Some people are so short sighted, if he didnt leave when he did he would have done it at the next possible opportunity.

Dicanio played for himself and himself only!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but on P d C's last visit to Hillsborough with WHU, I think we lost and were relegated at the end of the season. If it was the game that I think it was P d C was booed off at the end and was giving "going down" signs as he entered the tunnel.

You could be right, been trying to find a match report, I remember Cresswell scoring.

Great player but legend's a bit strong. If he's a legend then so is Carbone, and Marc Degryse.

No it's not strong.

One of, if not the most technically gifted footballer ever to pull on the shirt and probably ever will.

Carbone and Degreyse were very good players, but neither were in the same league as Di Canio.

Guest unitedowls

It was a throw up between Di Canio and Waddle who was the best player I saw at Wednesday. It was a joy to see Di Canio, but it was a shame the rest of the team didn't play with his heart and skill. I think the club totally handled the situation wrongly and that was when I stopped buying a season ticket.

Really?!

Do you not remember him pouring his water flask onto the pitch with a thumbs down motion to the kop? He hates Wednesday, so Wednesday should hate him.

Yes, the board and management forsake him when he pushed alcock, but still, if he wants to bear a grudge, then so should we.

It was a throw up between Di Canio and Waddle who was the best player I saw at Wednesday. It was a joy to see Di Canio, but it was a shame the rest of the team didn't play with his heart and skill. I think the club totally handled the situation wrongly and that was when I stopped buying a season ticket.

Waddle ten times the player Di Canio was, no contest in a million years, ever, in anyone's eyes.

Di Canio wasn't even as good as Carbone.