Nathan Modest

Guest ionowl

Guest ionowl

With many people on here calling for a fast, young striker next season, I was wondering whether Modest could be given a chance? I would still sign another two strikers and let C.Morrison and Heffernan leave, but would keeping Modest be an idea? He's young, very fast, and he could learn from more from the other strikers in our team. Also, with the Palmer breaking into the team too, could there be much harm of maybe involving Modest next season? I'm not saying he should be a first-team regular, or that we should involve him a lot, but maybe given the chance in this league he could score a few goals.

Doesn't look like he's impressed at Darlington,

Dont think he's going to be good enough or strong enough for our first team and what we want to achieve, probably time for the lad to move on and try and make something for himself elsewhere.

Guest DSC_UK

Needed to do more at Darlo and has failed like a lot of our young players when given loan moves. Needs to be let go and find his level. Can't remeber a single player we have loaned out do out since Danny Reet and god knows where he is now.

My dad went to watch Southport against Darlo this weekend.

Said Modest was garbage....ties in with reports from Darlo fans too! Shame because big things were expected but it seems he falls somewhat short of league standard.

Adam Muller mk II :biggrin:

He was crap mate, but then so were most of the players... except Jon-Paul Kissock... he's found his standard I think

He was crap mate, but then so were most of the players... except Jon-Paul Kissock... he's found his standard I think

Poor standard down there isnt it?! If Modest can't shine at that level then I fear thats it for him..

Funny how Southport have produced both Baker and Noone who have ended up at Coventry and Brighton though whilst the rest are utter tripe..

Poor standard down there isnt it?! If Modest can't shine at that level then I fear thats it for him..

Funny how Southport have produced both Baker and Noone who have ended up at Coventry and Brighton though whilst the rest are utter tripe..

Think if they go down to BSN Jon-Paul Kissock and Matty McNeil will leave but the rest are probably not even good enough for the BSP.

Needed to do more at Darlo and has failed like a lot of our young players when given loan moves. Needs to be let go and find his level. Can't remeber a single player we have loaned out do out since Danny Reet and god knows where he is now.

Danny reet is playing in the meadowhall premier league on a Sunday certainly found his level

Modest is a role player, and can be counted to do good job playing alongside prolific goalscorer. He is a workhorse that will chase anything played down the channel, and will get to a lot of those 50/50 balls first.

Modest is a role player, and can be counted to do good job playing alongside prolific goalscorer. He is a workhorse that will chase anything played down the channel, and will get to a lot of those 50/50 balls first.

Does he produce anything from getting on the end of these balls first, i.e. assists? As he doesn't really seem to be much of a threat in front of goal as I gather, at our level anyway.

Edited by Dan™

Guest bigbadbreeze

He has always had a very poor goal scoring record infact it hard to understand how a forward with electric pace can have such a poor goal record, i would have thought they could have tried to covert him to a winger unless he cant cross the ball either

Does he produce anything from getting on the end of these balls first, i.e. assists? As he doesn't really seem to be much of a threat in front of goal as I gather, at our level anyway.

I think that he can be used periodically under Megson, as he would fit into his style of football.

Modest aint some spectacular crosser of the ball, or whatever, but he is a strong fella that can keep hold of the ball under pressure. I guess if played his role would have been to get first to balls down the channel and get hold of it under he gets bit of support, lay it off and race in front of the goal.

He was used in similar role by McAuley, and did it very well, but at admitably awful level.

Modest is not an out-and-out striker, but somehow who could perhaps do the "dirty" work alongside one given chance.