Bumhole Lane Saturday

I'll watch for the result with interest naturally, but I wouldn't go. Each to their own I suppose. Last home game of the season for them and it's must win against a local rival though so I doubt you'd get a ticket. Their crowds are huge, loads bigger than ours ever have been ever you know. this game will sell out I'm sure.

Just wondered if ther will be any Wednesdayites going next week to watch the pigs get relegated. Not everyday we get the chance to see this happen, come on you tykes.

What needs to happen is,a few of us to say we are going,rumour spreads,and before we know it there's thousands of owls invading the home end,you know just like them blades fookers did when we played palace,go down in folklore as a "when wednesday took the lane" kind of deal :rolleyes:

What needs to happen is,a few of us to say we are going,rumour spreads,and before we know it there's thousands of owls invading the home end,you know just like them blades fookers did when we played palace,go down in folklore as a "when wednesday took the lane" kind of deal :rolleyes:

Mate, I'm going.

Tell your mates, Furious George is invading the Lane.

Pass it on.

Won't ever go there again unless Wednesday are playing.

Must admit though I laughed my socks off the day they went down to the 4th, especially with (was it Givens or Hatton) missing that last minute penalty that would have kept them up!

Won't ever go there again unless Wednesday are playing.

Must admit though I laughed my socks off the day they went down to the 4th, especially with (was it Givens or Hatton) missing that last minute penalty that would have kept them up!

don givens.

don givens.

Of course, trouble is when you get to my age the memory starts going!blush.gif

Having said that, didn't Givens only take it because Hatton refused to?

Edited by Utah Owl

My "eyes", as far as United are concerned, will be mainly fixed on the Donny and Palace games.

I can't see past a United win to be honest.

I think they'll win with Donny and Palace both getting at least a point from their games.

Therefore putting them out of touch.

I'm too busy around that time to worry too much anyway.

Guest bigblue

The company I work for used to have a box at BhL (as well as Hb). I was offered a ticket to the Wigan game that sent them down from the Prem, so went along as a "neutral".

I couldn't help laughing after the game when the recorded voice in the lift said "going down".

Taking part of the Dingles allocation on such a good day out for them would be wrong. Sitting next to a crying grunter feels wrong too. We don't have the box anymore, so I'll not be going.

UTO FTP

I went to Bumhole Lane once to see them get relegated but in my defence it was also to see Carl Shutt who was playing for Bristol City in the days when playoffs had just begun and 3rd bottom in the now Championship played 3rd place from Division 1 over two legs.

Shutt had put Bristol City in the lead from their home leg

and then to my delight scored at Bumhole Lane too to put the final nail in the coffin and send them down :-)

Ditto mate. Went to the same game but with mates who were Blades then back to the Railway for a pint. I thought they were all going to top themselves. I was trying to be sympathetic but was weeing myself on the sly. I was the only one smiling afterwards. Good old Shutty.

Guest Big Guns

id rather rub my wee wee tail between 2 cheese graters for 90 minits than go to bumhole lane ,and any wednesday fan who goes to watch them for any reason other than playing us is a flippingdisgrace