Michael Morrison

Guest LCFC Fan

Guest LCFC Fan

Just before you signed him i came on here and gave you what i thought was the perfect summary of him.

'Firstly i would like to say that im gutted that your linked with Michael Morrison and were signing all these unproven defenders because we are effetivley pushing a good young quality player out of the door.

Although this isnt a done deal yet and the fact he has started our last two games and played well, i believe this is pretty much a done deal, his interview with bbc radio leicester after todays game lead me to believe he's on his way when he was saying the usual 'while im at the club i will still give 100%' and 'we'll just have to see what happens'. he also said 'ive enjoy my time at leicester' << and i think that sums it all up.

Michael Morrison is still a young lad and before he joined us 2 seasons ago he had already played for Cambridge 107 times and captained them at the age of 20!

He's a big, strong, quick lad, great in the air who relys alot on confidence as proved last season were he was one of the first names on the team sheet and as solid as a rock, this season under sousa he was playing with no confidence and was poor.

He's a very versatile defender who played right back for us pretty much most of last season although he is a natuaral center back, he can also be chucked forward in the last 5 - 10 minutes as a target man.

He can also be very dangerous when it comes to set peices with both his head and his feet, scoring 5 goals for us since joining.

He will excel playing at the back with darren purse as he has lots of expereince, similar to wayne brown last season for us, our defence was solid when either morrison or hobbs partnered him

The only bad things i can say about him is that unless you have a target man you can become very frustrated with his long balls / hoofing, but with neil mellor i think you will be fine.

He also relys alot on the goalkeeper so nicky weaver will need to be alert at all times because he tends to go back to keeper instead of going forward

He can loose his temper very quickly and moan alot, especially when loosing.

i will be devasted to see him go but hes too talanted to keep sitting on the bench week in week out, he will be a great signing for you and at 250k an absolute bargin!'

Just woundering how he's getting on and if you think what i said was true.

cheers :biggrin:

For me the jury is still out on him. He came into a losing side that was already low on confidence, so maybe that's a factor, but hasn't really proved himself yet. Maybe next season after a good pre season. He's currently being kept out of the team by Danny Batth an excellent loan signing from Wolves

TBH his confidence must be through the floor. He hasnt been the unmitigated disaster that Reynolds has been since signing but hes hardly pulled up any trees either. An occasional squad player at best from what we have seen so far. I wouldnt be at all sad if he moved on in the summer but somehow I think we might be stuck with him. At R/B Id say hes a 5/10 and at CB 5/10. Not half good enough yet but still young. If we keep him it should be for the Richard Hinds reserve utility defender role.

Just before you signed him i came on here and gave you what i thought was the perfect summary of him.

'Firstly i would like to say that im gutted that your linked with Michael Morrison and were signing all these unproven defenders because we are effetivley pushing a good young quality player out of the door.

Although this isnt a done deal yet and the fact he has started our last two games and played well, i believe this is pretty much a done deal, his interview with bbc radio leicester after todays game lead me to believe he's on his way when he was saying the usual 'while im at the club i will still give 100%' and 'we'll just have to see what happens'. he also said 'ive enjoy my time at leicester' << and i think that sums it all up.

Michael Morrison is still a young lad and before he joined us 2 seasons ago he had already played for Cambridge 107 times and captained them at the age of 20!

He's a big, strong, quick lad, great in the air who relys alot on confidence as proved last season were he was one of the first names on the team sheet and as solid as a rock, this season under sousa he was playing with no confidence and was poor.

He's a very versatile defender who played right back for us pretty much most of last season although he is a natuaral center back, he can also be chucked forward in the last 5 - 10 minutes as a target man.

He can also be very dangerous when it comes to set peices with both his head and his feet, scoring 5 goals for us since joining.

He will excel playing at the back with darren purse as he has lots of expereince, similar to wayne brown last season for us, our defence was solid when either morrison or hobbs partnered him

The only bad things i can say about him is that unless you have a target man you can become very frustrated with his long balls / hoofing, but with neil mellor i think you will be fine.

He also relys alot on the goalkeeper so nicky weaver will need to be alert at all times because he tends to go back to keeper instead of going forward

He can loose his temper very quickly and moan alot, especially when loosing.

i will be devasted to see him go but hes too talanted to keep sitting on the bench week in week out, he will be a great signing for you and at 250k an absolute bargin!'

Just woundering how he's getting on and if you think what i said was true.

cheers :biggrin:

Near the end of the game againxt plymouth as i walked down past the home dugout,i turned and said generally that they were not fit to wear the shirt.

Who replied to me you may ask?

Michael Morrison who said.....flip off Tw<t

We had words and coincident or not ,has not been seen in the home dugout since.

I didnt rate him before this incident but hope Megson shows this waster the door.

Edited by owlsdreamer

Guest Different Gravy

Massively disappointing, I genuinely believed that he would be the top-drawer addition, but he's looked all over the place wherever he's been playing. That said, I know far too many Leicester fans who will testify to his ability at this level to believe that he is beyond redemption. You can't get that bad overnight, so other factors are obviously at play, and I think that we'll probably see an improved player after this horrible season is put to bed. Of Irvine's three defensive panic buys, Morrison still seems like the best bet.

I go to a fair few matches at the walkers, and have seen him play quite a few times.

I think the issue is, that when we signed him, the manager was just changing the defense every match to try and find one that works, it just so happens that when we started to look good, Morrison wasnt in the team.

I think he will probably get in the team next season, after a good pre-season.

Guest Distraught!

Morrison is one of those players that you just know will leave Hillsborough then look a more than half decent player at his next club.

For the first time in years, we signed players who the fans of the clubs they have left are not pleased to see the back of. Morrison is such a player as that opening post shows. Maybe it is worth remembering Pallister was poo at Man Utd. until he settled in which took him far more games than Morrison has played at Hillsborough. I still think he is one worth persisting with.

He came to the club with a team on a low ebb, he caught the same bug. For some reason he dosn't look comfortable at SWFC.

Sometimes a player and a club are not suited to each other, we have seen rare glimpses of what he can do i just hope he gets his head down and has a good pre-season and returns a stronger player.

Really?

Runs like he has a carrot up his arse