Michael Morrison

Guest LCFC Fan

Guest clumber58

He's been largely awful.

I'm hoping that he'll be better after a full pre season under Megson, otherwise he'll be offloaded at speed.

I personally don't think that he's as good as awful.

My view is that he's never been a footballer and never will be.

Best we can hope for is that Megson pays him off and shows him the door in May.

I think he'll come good tbh. I really do. I won't deny he has struggled so far, but ever since he signed there has been non-stop carnage going on around him.

I think it's harsh to judge the three young defenders who were signed by Irvine in January on what they've shown to date. Reynolds worries me more than Morrison or Johnson, but all three should at least be allowed to settle before we totally write them off.

What have each of them played for us? Maybe 10 games (probably less than that.) You can get first impressions in that time (and Reynolds and Morrison have been shocking, with Reda Johnson only slightly better) but you can't accurately judge a player's ability after a handful of games at a new club.

I personally don't think that he's as good as awful.

My view is that he's never been a footballer and never will be.

Best we can hope for is that Megson pays him off and shows him the door in May.

seriously, where do these "never been a footballer" comments come from.

Hes obviously been a footbaler, a pretty decent one at this level with Leicester. so he cant be a total waste of space.

patience is a virtue, and a lot of wednesday fans appear to have little or none of it. Morrison, Reda and Reynolds need to be given time, and a run in the squad in their best positions. morrison and reynolds havent had that.

Guest Distraught!

I mean even Jeffers can score goals up there.

He couldn't for Rangers - a club that made Mark Hateley look like Gerd Muller. :biggrin:

Near the end of the game againxt plymouth as i walked down past the home dugout,i turned and said generally that they were not fit to wear the shirt.

Who replied to me you may ask?

Michael Morrison who said.....flip off Tw<t

We had words and coincident or not ,has not been seen in the home dugout since.

I didnt rate him before this incident but hope Megson shows this waster the door.

Any footballer who is stupid enough to say "flip off tw<t" to a fan shouldn't be playing for the club.

Bang out of order.

A player who plays the amount of games he has in

a) a title winning team at this level.

and

b) a play off placed team in the division above.

is not a bad player.

Quite eveidentally, he's been poor since joining. His confidence is also very low, anyone with a set of eyes can see this.

Funnily enough, his best games for us was at Dagenham playing RB. Was very competant with what he did ad got us out of the poo poo a couple of times. Was very unfortunate to be dropped next game.

I'm not writing him off yet as he's obviously a pretty decent player (any Owl in doubt should ring Big Nige and ask him). I'm hoping he's not shown the door in the summer as I think we will see the best of him next year if he gets his act together and a full pre-season behind him.

I also think if he is shown the door in the summer, he'll go onto show why he is a good player elsewhere and we'll regret it.

Guest Distraught!

I also think if he is shown the door in the summer, he'll go onto show why he is a good player elsewhere and we'll regret it.

This!

Nailed on!

A player who plays the amount of games he has in

a) a title winning team at this level.

and

b) a play off placed team in the division above.

is not a bad player.

Quite eveidentally, he's been poor since joining. His confidence is also very low, anyone with a set of eyes can see this.

Funnily enough, his best games for us was at Dagenham playing RB. Was very competant with what he did ad got us out of the poo poo a couple of times. Was very unfortunate to be dropped next game.

I'm not writing him off yet as he's obviously a pretty decent player (any Owl in doubt should ring Big Nige and ask him). I'm hoping he's not shown the door in the summer as I think we will see the best of him next year if he gets his act together and a full pre-season behind him.

most sensible post iv seen on morrison

Guest londonowl1

He is seriously bad.

Would love him to prove me wrong, i wana support any player in a wednesday shirt, but so far i cant see anything good in him??? like a few others actually.

Guest clumber58

seriously, where do these "never been a footballer" comments come from.

Hes obviously been a footbaler, a pretty decent one at this level with Leicester. so he cant be a total waste of space.

patience is a virtue, and a lot of wednesday fans appear to have little or none of it. Morrison, Reda and Reynolds need to be given time, and a run in the squad in their best positions. morrison and reynolds havent had that.

Never said he was a waste of space. The guy is a human being.

My comments come from having seen Morrison in a Wednesday shirt several times this season, he has shown no indication that he knows even the basics of the game of football. That's my honest opinion. Although I don't possess any coaching badges, I have seen a footballer or two in my time. No idea what he was like at Leicester. Not really interested.

As you've widened the topic, (IMO) the same applies to Johnson. Neither of them are anywhere as good as what we had already, so why waste valuable money bringing them in.

Reynolds shows glimmers of promise and might come good. He's worth continuing with.

I agree that I'm impatient; I'm a glory hunter. That's why I've spent 45 years and tens of thousands of pounds watching Wednesday (and have a Rumbelows Cup to show for it).

UTO.

Never said he was a waste of space. The guy is a human being.

My comments come from having seen Morrison in a Wednesday shirt several times this season, he has shown no indication that he knows even the basics of the game of football. That's my honest opinion. Although I don't possess any coaching badges, I have seen a footballer or two in my time. No idea what he was like at Leicester. Not really interested.

As you've widened the topic, (IMO) the same applies to Johnson. Neither of them are anywhere as good as what we had already, so why waste valuable money bringing them in.

Reynolds shows glimmers of promise and might come good. He's worth continuing with.

I agree that I'm impatient; I'm a glory hunter. That's why I've spent 45 years and tens of thousands of pounds watching Wednesday (and have a Rumbelows Cup to show for it).

UTO.

It's amazing how people have different views of the game..

I think Reynolds has been the worst out of the three. The bloke can't even seem to trap the rumbleing ball and the Dagenham game was one of the worst games i've ever seen a professional footballer have.

Buy hey ho, each to their own opinion.

you said

My view is that he's never been a footballer and never will be

yet he was part of a capable leicester side that managed to get out of this divison. he might have had a poor start, but lets not pretend like he was always crap and its nothing to do with wednesday or the situation he was dropped in.

My comments come from having seen Morrison in a Wednesday shirt several times this season

hes started 15 games according to OS, how many at centre back?

Really? no better than Hinds? And with Purse beng shipped out, that left Beevers as the sole centreback. Who a number on here suggest should be offloaded.

I find this interesting. Reynolds has had the same issues as Morrison IMO, not played consecutive games in his favoured position. and i wouldnt say hes done any better than Morrison, and certainly no better than Reda.

and yet for your petulance, youve also hit home on my point. These guys have had very little time to impress any of us, theyve arrived at the worst possible monent that they could after having shown a lot of promise elsewhere, two of them at a higher level, and one of them playing international football. It takes people a while to settle into new surroundings, new homes, new places, new styles, and make it worse by changing their manager a few days after they sign. all im suggesting is that its maybe to premature to write these young players off, when they havent been given a fair crack. add to this also, they are only young so with the right coaching and managing they will improve.

Guest londonowl1

micheal morrison and mark reynolds are not in megsons plans,thats all im goin to say

Thank god for that!!! Truly awful and the radiator. poo .

Them 3 and add sedgewick, teale, potter, JOC, clinton morrison, hinds

sick to death of watching them...no good simple