Michael Morrison

Guest LCFC Fan

I'm with the majority on this. Morrison has shown moments when you can see quality, but then for the rest of the match he fitted in perfectly to our shambolic defence. Hence Megson signed two more defenders.

I think a good pre-season and he'll be a solid performer next year. Problem (for him) is that I don't think Megson will wait for pre-season. If he can get Jones / Batth or similar signed up Morrison / Reynolds / Johnson will all be bit part players at best.

Some interesting comments here. But for me he is very average, plus he told some more of our fans to f off as he walked off the pitch after the away game at dagenham. we don't need moaners and people that blame fans for playing like a Sunday league player IMO

He's certainly got abusing fans down to a fine art.

Shame you can't say the same thing about his defending.

Guest xvivahatex

micheal morrison and mark reynolds are not in megsons plans,thats all im goin to say

Thank god for that!!! Truly awful and the radiator. poo .

Them 3 and add sedgewick, teale, potter, JOC, clinton morrison, hinds

sick to death of watching them...no good simple

I agree, I suggest we sign some players from Man Utd.

He hasn't been as good as we all expected him to be, which isn't singling him out at all as neither have Reda or Reynolds got any where near the standard we thought they'd be at (reda every now and then, but still nowhere near the level required).

These 3 defenders came with the same rave reviews from every club we signed them from. I remeber all of us agreeing that it's a pleasant surprise signing players from clubs that didn't want to let them go... but at the moment, I wish they had kept them- obviously at the moment is the pivotal phrase, but how long can we gamble on them to "turn good"?

None of the 3 appear to be in Megon's plans. I apologise for going off topic, but Reda and Reynolds seem to be in the same group of underwhelming, current players along with Morrison.

Edited by Innes

Some interesting comments here. But for me he is very average, plus he told some more of our fans to f off as he walked off the pitch after the away game at dagenham. we don't need moaners and people that blame fans for playing like a Sunday league player IMO

Did he???

Was standing by the tunnel and didn't see that, especially as we were all clapping our lads off :huh:

It's already been said, but seeing as the people who can't wait to stick the boot in have already taken over the thread I thought I'd try and redress the balance slightly...

Firstly; players don't become bad overnight and there's no such thing as the myth that 'some players don't play well at certain clubs' for any reason other than circumstance, confidence, coaching and support. It's not written in the stars that Michael Morrison can play well for Leicester City but not Sheffield Wednesday.

The guy played centre-back in the majority of games for a title-winning side in this division a couple of years ago, before that he was captain of his first professional club at the age of 20.

His CV speaks for itself, he's a player who clearly has the ability and experience required to play for a side wanting automatic promotion. Whether we can afford better in the summer is yet to be seen, but he's certainly capable enough as a backup if that turns out to be the case.