The nightmare is over

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Has someone started a "Can We Still Make The Play Offs?" thread yet?

Yes, I did, before the game yesterday- just as a joke though. Din't go down too well TBF, all the 'miserable gets' marked me negatively.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Harchester United?

Very very true. I feel bitterly sorry for all the real Harchester United fans. They were battling it out at the top of the premiership, playing in Europe with world class players like Ryan Naysmith, Monday Bandele, Karl Fletcher etc only a few years ago, now they've disappeared into obscurity. Extremely sad.

I don't think there is a more loyal fan base of a club that has always had the potential for greatness and then had that potential fooked up by a Boardroom that became frightened of going the extra mile or scared to stop being parochial....the supporters of our club have been SWFC for many, many, many years and sadly had inspirational leadership in the boardroom only occasionally.

..as Mr Asteener always states, that big wheel turns and it's turning in our favour finally.....however I firmly believe that for the first time we an inspirational individual owner who really does see the potential for SWFC being his swansong in football. I sense a very long term waking of a slumbering giant.....but...and I say this with no disrespect..only with the the experiential knowledge of all things 'Wednesday' that it wouldn't bloody well surprise me if just as we enter the Premiership and in the first season qualify for Europe MM keels over and pegs it !!!!

UTO lol

Kidnapped five times and tragically lost his left foot in a helicopter accident.

Rovers have never been the same since.

Best footballer in my lifetime. No doubt.

haha Cheers Reading glad somebody remembers mate, :biggrin:

Can someone point me in the dirction of the evidence that united would be debt free within 3 years, either with or without a relegation? They may be externally debt free, but they will still owe multi millions to mcsue. 50odd million I think it is. If he doesnt write it off they cant move forward. He wont put money in anymore. His ventures into Hungary, China and Heeley have cost the club money. Money that could have been spent on the team to stop them getting relegated or even propel them back to the prem. If he tries to sell the club as debt free he'll get loads of interest until he reveals how much money he wants personally out of the deal. They. Are. Fooked.

Guest Briscoe Inferno

Its going to be a reyt summer....

When Irvine said 'we will give it a go' last August without taking a second opportunity to sort out the midfield and with a pi$$ poor pre-season I was less than convinced with his damp squib of a rallying cry....

In the first week in August when Megson says 'we're going for it' I will believe him.

Edited by Briscoe Inferno

Guest Hirsty's Gut

Very very true. I feel bitterly sorry for all the real Harchester United fans. They were battling it out at the top of the premiership, playing in Europe with world class players like Ryan Naysmith, Monday Bandele, Karl Fletcher etc only a few years ago, now they've disappeared into obscurity. Extremely sad.

So true. Fletch could have been world class if he'd left harchester at the right time.

Guest bigblue

Wimbledon

>>> WEDNESDAY

Luton

Bradford

Scarborough

Chester

Stockport

In that order I think

Wimbledon is a sad story - both fans must've been gutted!

Luton's is also a tale of woe, but they're a lower league club historically anyway, so meh!

The others are all even less significant in success terms (not meaning they're insignificant as such, because they make up the rich tapestry that is Football in this country, just that lack of success isn't really a fall from grace for them!)

Leeds, Forest & Man City all flirted with this level; but none of those have had it anywhere near as bad as us.

So as faf as I see it, we're runner's up in the woe-is-me prize (can't even win that bugger!). Afterall, as the poem goes - ...Wednesday's child is full of woe...

Edited by bigblue

Guest Saturday Owl

Because they have an amazing hotel that everyone is going to be fighting to get a room in when they realize how great it is :ph34r::laugh:

Heard the cleaners are fit. :ph34r:

Its true

i defy any club to say they have had it worse

I pig fan as they are only club in history to get relegated from premiership with the biggest amount of payments due to the Tevez shinanigans and gradually drop 2 leagues there after :laugh:.

Guest Distraught!

Mansfield Town.

Their former chairman allegedly helped himself to a hefty interest free loan from the club's meager finances to buy himself a house in the Peak District that (apparently) never got paid back. This along with a whole string of other alleged dodgy and illegal activity that eventually dumped the club out of the league, a position from which they have never recovered.