If you were Milan

Guest chezzyowl

Guest chezzyowl

So after bailing the club out and sacking what was considered to be a poor manager, putting more money into the club and employing his man, what would you be thinking this morning, what would the short term strategy be to get us out of the mire with the shower of poo we have out our disposal?

Thinking SHORT TERM is one of the reasons we are in this mess, no scouting network for one. This club has been run into the ground by the old board and their legacy will take a lot of time and effort to reverse.

Every last member of the old board should hang their heads in shame at their part of our demise.

To be successful in any walk of life you need a long term plan and the balls to stick with it, something our old board never had.

Guest PenangOwl

Thinking SHORT TERM is one of the reasons we are in this mess, no scouting network for one. This club has been run into the ground by the old board and their legacy will take a lot of time and effort to reverse.

Every last member of the old board should hang their heads in shame at their part of our demise.

To be successful in any walk of life you need a long term plan and the balls to stick with it, something our old board never had.

This is absolutely 100% correct FFF but I, alongwith many others, possibly you included didn't think for a second that relegation was even going to be considered by the new owner when he had the balls to take it on. I am also quite sure it was also never even mentioned in discussions with GM - if it was, I guess it would have been scoffed at. He is saying he will lose significant amounts of money by the club staying in this division - what when it goes to the 4th? Reality is that we are facing relegation in the face. A good run of form by any of the clubs below Wednesday and Wednesday continuing like this and we are down.

Guest chezzyowl

Agree, but we have an 8 game rescue mission and long term plan means nothing if this is not achieved, short term plan would be a platform for a long term plan.

Our issue for the last 6 years has been Plan A only, in business this is a recipe for disaster, point in case proven.

He's the only reason i renewed my season ticket.

The man put his money where his mouth is and rescued my club from oblivion.

For that reason he deserves the unswerving backing of the fans.

It's just the Wednesday way..get everything right off the pitch and it all goes wrong on it..

2nd place to certain relegation suggests there is a lot lot more to this than we are aware of.

I hate to say this but i think the only way we are going to survive is to sack megson and put

macauley in charge for the rest of this season, stay up then rebuild with a hungry

young manager. The players clearly cannot be motivated by bullying and shouting and that's

all megson knows.

I'm afraid it's either get rid or face up to League 2. We are already an embarrassment, so just add L2 it to the list!

But will changing the manager AGAIN make any difference?

It didnt work when Irvine took over from Laws and i cant see it working now.

The one constant has been the players who are simply not good enough.

We have had both Michael Grey and Darren Purse tell us that there are too many rotten players and divisions in the camp which should have been sorted last close season when Irvine had chance to do a mass cull.

These players reflect todays society in their attitude that they blame somebody else when it is clearly their inability to do the job that they are handsomely paid to do yet havent been able to do in 3 seasons under 3 managers.

I would love for us not to be able to pay these charlatans masquerading as professional footballers but unfortunatly we cant as they and their agents have too much power and its more likely that another manager will fall on his sword while these people continue to destroy our club and the game in general as they are just cheaper versions of the spoilt brats we see in the premiership who seem to be above the law ie Ashley Cole and Wayne Rooney.

Seen a lot of talk about the lack of scouting networks and its true, this is absolutely vital.

Its important anyway for the development of the clubs future, that much goes without saying.

But if we were to slip down to league 2, a scouting network would become even more crucial, as we would then be looking to the none leagues and looking to bring players through from there, which may not be a bad thing, but those worth finding, really have to be searched for.

Hopefully this will get set up early in the summer, regardless of which division we are in.

Agreed. BUT the players out on the pitch last night and the whole of the season should be capable of producing very much better than they have done. We cannot even do the basics properly like stringing four passes together, marking the opposition and even just closing them down. Last night our players were closed down as soon as we had possession whereas we gave Brentford far too much time to do whatever they liked. That is not down to a poor scouting system or any thing to do with the old regime. And I cannot believe Megson's constant changing of the team selection.

Well it's not like it can get much worse

That's what people said about Irvine.

Question for those who want Megson sacked - who on earth in their right minds would want to become our manager at the moment? It's complete career suicide. The only people we could attract right now would be washed up past its who are unemployable anywhere else.

So after bailing the club out and sacking what was considered to be a poor manager, putting more money into the club and employing his man, what would you be thinking this morning, what would the short term strategy be to get us out of the mire with the shower of poo we have out our disposal?

'i want my pound back'

Look, Milan will not be leaving. This will be his last job in football and i;m sure he'll make it a good one.

MM came in and saved our club. He massively backed us and put up a lot of money to save us and he's going to lose a lot of money if we go down (god forbid) I have my full faith in both him, and Megson sorting this out.

People last night were calling for Megsons head.... Are you flipping serous? We could have Jose Mourinho in charge of that shower of poo and we wouldn't do anything. Okay, some of the decisions made are strange ones, Potter at RM, but there MUST be a reason behind it.

Irvine was crap and Megson has been crap. Surely, this indicates it is the TEAM. It is clear they are clueless. Noone wants the ball, noone wants to attack and noone looks interested.

I feel for Milan, I also feel for Megson. We just need this season over now, and to start from scratch.

Look, Milan will not be leaving. This will be his last job in football and i;m sure he'll make it a good one.

MM came in and saved our club. He massively backed us and put up a lot of money to save us and he's going to lose a lot of money if we go down (god forbid) I have my full faith in both him, and Megson sorting this out.

People last night were calling for Megsons head.... Are you flipping serous? We could have Jose Mourinho in charge of that shower of poo and we wouldn't do anything. Okay, some of the decisions made are strange ones, Potter at RM, but there MUST be a reason behind it.

Irvine was crap and Megson has been crap. Surely, this indicates it is the TEAM. It is clear they are clueless. Noone wants the ball, noone wants to attack and noone looks interested.

I feel for Milan, I also feel for Megson. We just need this season over now, and to start from scratch.

Guest PenangOwl

Good point mate but like Grandad says in another post they weren't crap when they were second and christmas. they also had the 4th highest GD in the whole league only behind Man Utd, Chelsea and QPR??

Irvine was struggling in the end, would we have come through it, who knows. Megson though is completely floundering with no idea of what to do and will only be saved by the ineptitude of others and the points garnered by Irvine earlier in the campaign. Unless there is a dramatic improvement in the remaining matches I 'd be wary of him getting his hands on a transfer budget. What evidence has he shown that he can turn around the fortunes of Sheffield Wednesday?