SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY V BRENTFORD

Guest duediligence

My theory is that the manager has come in and sided with the fans in criticising the players. The players have felt isolated and most of them probably just want out.

I am not advocating that Irvine should have stayed, but the players were clearly gutted that they got him sacked and were trying hard to try and keep him in his job. The players at least felt that the manager was on their side.

For a squad to succesfully survive a relegation battle, you need a seige mentallity with the gaffers on the inside - Megson made a serious mistake by placing himself on the outside.

I agree.

I think he has made himself the bad guy to the point where they've given up working for him.

Plus we have too many loan players, too many players for whom this means nothing, too many players who will return to their own club in a couple of months.

My theory is that the manager has come in and sided with the fans in criticising the players. The players have felt isolated and most of them probably just want out.

I am not advocating that Irvine should have stayed, but the players were clearly gutted that they got him sacked and were trying hard to try and keep him in his job. The players at least felt that the manager was on their side.

For a squad to succesfully survive a relegation battle, you need a seige mentallity with the gaffers on the inside - Megson made a serious mistake by placing himself on the outside.

Can't help but agree. I still think Megson is the right man for the job, if we can just stay in this division and give him a close season to get his own team together.

An increasingly bigger IF, as each game unfolds.

You may have a point, and it looks more and more likely with each bad result. But how do we explain the fact that this started well before Megson arrived?

I feel so desperately sad for our fans.

Glad I'm not there either, mate.

Those who expect managers to come in and turn a poo poo group of players around are unfortunately wrong. He could've tried to do it a little differently, but at the end of the day if the players don't give a throw it's like running through treacle.

I disagree to a point I think the problem is that Irvine signed some of the players Morrison for instance on reputation without looking at how they would gel.be up for a fight etc.

Cant wait for Megson to lay into the players. How about Gary you have a look at your self. Potter at RM, two defence minded centre midfielders.

Milan needs to act now and this behind him. He has taken Mellor and Coke who looked un-stoppable at time this season, to not even making the bench

I disagree to a point I think the problem is that Irvine signed some of the players Morrison for instance on reputation without looking at how they would gel.be up for a fight etc.

Totally agree. Been saying this for ages. There's a difference between "best squad in the league" and "squad that contains players that people have heard of." Throughout the season it's become increasingly obvious that we've been wrongly labelled as one without ever effectively being anything but the other.

Cant wait for Megson to lay into the players. How about Gary you have a look at your self. Potter at RM, two defence minded centre midfielders.

Milan needs to act now and this behind him. He has taken Mellor and Coke who looked un-stoppable at time this season, to not even making the bench

I can actually understand why he went with O'Brien and Osbourne in the middle; compensating a little for going with two up front, which Megson has not been keen to do in the current run. But Potter out wide... !?

I agree.

I think he has made himself the bad guy to the point where they've given up working for him.

Plus we have too many loan players, too many players for whom this means nothing, too many players who will return to their own club in a couple of months.

Its always the case for Wednesday - the players we do have are consistently either awful, weak or not bothered and the loan players we have are generally better quality, more eager to do well, but ultimately have no real inclination to bust their guts to help when it comes to the crunch.

We're the joke of the football league - a genuine mess of a club with nothing for any fan to be pleased with & possibly the worst home home form for ANY club in the country.

On a player side, we all know that Potter should never wear a Wednesday shirt and that Jermaine Johnson is the only player in our squad who is capable of doing anything interesting, yet we have Megson coming in who seems to be doing everything possible to relegate us and messing with the players week in-week out.

Seriously, why would ANYONE choose to support SWFC in these times, let alone spending hard-earned cash on watching them?

We're heading for League 2 and absolute meltdown. Mandaric won't hang around long if his investment is failing, which it well and truly is.

Knob-ends, all of them. Thanks for ruining my evening again, you fooktards.

Edited by davey_wells

Its always the case for Wednesday - the players we do have are consistently either awful, weak or not bothered and the loan players we have are generally better quality, more eager to do well, but ultimately have no real inclination to bust their guts to help when it comes to the crunch.

We're the joke of the football league - a genuine mess of a club with nothing for any fan to be pleased with & possibly the worst home home form for ANY club in the country.

On a player side, we all know that Potter should never wear a Wednesday shirt and that Jermaine Johnson is the only player in our squad who is capable of doing anything interesting, yet we have Megson coming in who seems to be doing everything possible to relegate us and messing with the players week in-week out.

Seriously, why would ANYONE choose to support SWFC in these times, let alone spending hard-earned cash on watching them?

We're heading for League 2 and absolute meltdown. Mandaric won't hang around long if his investment is failing, which it well and truly is.

Knob-ends, all of them. Thanks for ruining my evening again, you fooktards.

I'm capable of doing brain surgery doesn't mean I can. JJ is frustrating it was said tonight and has been said by others on SSN etc if he did it he would be playing in the Prem not Lge 1.

Sheffield Wednesday 1-3 Brentford (R. Jones 12)

Possession: 39-61

Shots on target: 1-3

Shots off target: 2-0

Corners: 1-2

Fouls: 8-3

Yellow cards: 0-0

Red cards: 0-0

O'Donnell, Buxton, Batth, R. Jones (Otsemobor 25), Spurr, Teale, Osbourne, Potter (J. Johnson 58), O'Brien, Madine, Heffernan (C. Morrison 58).

Subs not used: Nicholls, M. Morrison, Miller, Sedgwick.

Unlucky Wednesday.

Well done Brentford.

Edited by aeroswfc

The players are at fault they can play as was proved at Bristol ,Hartlypool,Notts county twice Bristol rovers ,HOW MANY MORE MANAGERS ARE THEY GOING TO WORK AGAINST.

Yes Megson has faults we all do ,But what can he do if they won't respond ,Mellor hasn't bothered at all since Irvine leftear was sacked, I F THESE SO CALLED PLAYERS HAD ANYTHING ABOUT THEM ,They would thrash things out with the manager , But thats to easy,No they would rather take it out on the fans and club, and rather than face up to their responsabillities they fvuck it up on the field, lobbers the lot of em ,exept for Madine,JOb(cos he;s new )osbourn,and young Palmer And the young keeper THE,REST CAN flipping DO ONE for all i care,stick some reserves in cos if we are going down we will at least go down fighting,

The players are at fault they can play as was proved at Bristol ,Hartlypool,Notts county twice Bristol rovers ,HOW MANY MORE MANAGERS ARE THEY GOING TO WORK AGAINST.

Yes Megson has faults we all do ,But what can he do if they won't respond ,Mellor hasn't bothered at all since Irvine leftear was sacked, I F THESE SO CALLED PLAYERS HAD ANYTHING ABOUT THEM ,They would thrash things out with the manager , But thats to easy,No they would rather take it out on the fans and club, and rather than face up to their responsabillities they fvuck it up on the field, lobbers the lot of em ,exept for Madine,JOb(cos he;s new )osbourn,and young Palmer And the young keeper THE,REST CAN flipping DO ONE for all i care,stick some reserves in cos if we are going down we will at least go down fighting,

Think you're being harsh on Jones MOM on Saturday scored tonight then had to go off.

Anyone know why Jones went off? I assume he was injured.

Embarrassment, probably

Surely he watched him on DVD