finding the team out

Ahh, so it's the old "Received Truth". Enough people spout the same bullshit to enough places, then it becomes a "fact" coz your mates said it was true as well.

The fact that you and your mates are gullible to believe a post by a blade on Owlsmad and regurgitate it as fact says a lot about you.

It's all very comforting to point the finger at one individual as the cause of our recent slump, as if removing him would cure all our ills, but unfortunately the results don't back such a conclusion up. The slump started well before Megson arrived. If we're looking for a simple cure, I'm afraid we'll have to start looking elsewhere.

These kinds of rumours always start when a team is struggling. Apparently the pub bore, class loner or website attention seeker sees fertile ground in such situations and gets off on this kind of bullsh*t. If you're top of the league, who really cares if a couple of midfielders don't particularly like each other? Megson may be employing methods that have come as a bit of a kick up the arse to some of the squad, especially those who think they don't deserve being in a struggling League One team, but it would be staggering stupidity to basically tell them all they weren't wanted, and as such I find it difficult to believe he's done that. And naming the team by text message also seems like make believe.

Just had a chat with a family member of a first team player of ours.. says the player in question is not happy at finding out he is not in the team via text message from GM? And apparently it's the done thing now that he sends out texts to confirm the team to players??

Just wondered peoples thoughts on this? I personally think its very very bad man management for football at this level and am not surprised its getting players backs up..

2 things also

1 im not anti megson at all so this isn't just to get at him

2 I NEVER start threads on here so this is not some kind of attempt to claim I am ITK or anything ridiculous at all… as im not!

We get an e mail in my Saturday league team. Similar to a text - what's the big deal. Do the players need a one on one everything they get dropped

Guest 03 owl

We get an e mail in my Saturday league team. Similar to a text - what's the big deal. Do the players need a one on one everything they get dropped

understand what your saying, but if you text your boss to say your not turning up is that ok as an employee ?.

understand what your saying, but if you text your boss to say your not turning up is that ok as an employee ?.

he is the boss ffs, not an employee, if Megson was texing Mandric saying he wouldn't be in for training by text that might be similar. However, your comparison is nothing similar. The issue in general is a non issue. He tells the players the starting team by text. So what, get over it.

Guest 03 owl

he is the boss ffs, not an employee, if Megson was texing Mandric saying he wouldn't be in for training by text that might be similar. However, your comparison is nothing similar. The issue in general is a non issue. He tells the players the starting team by text. So what, get over it.

And do you know that as FACT ?

Everything isn't all rosey in the dressing room shocker.

Think about where you work, do you like everyone? If you work as part of a team and someone doesn't pull their weight repeatedly have words been had?

It's a fact of life, get a large group of people together and there's going to be clashes, particularly when the poo poo hits the fan and fingers start getting pointed at who's to blame.

What a load of hite. People come one saying "I've heard this", "I've heard that" bullshit stories.

If you want to appear like you know something, post where you heard it from, or flip off.

Dear keyboard warrior,

as stated in my post I don't claim to be ITK at all, far from it. I was shocked with what I was told so for once put it on here, not stated it as fact at all just going on what I'm told. I actually like megson so hy would I bullshit.

Or in your language:

Shut di *** up di fukin dicked

Bell end.

And do you know that as FACT ?

Not I don't know anything about it, my point was even if he does tell the players by text, so what?

We live in a modern age were communication can take place over all sorts of mediums, like what a giant waste of time it would be to sit down with 20 people individually before a game and have to explain his reasoning why they arent starting that particular game. These are grown men, who are acting like 10 year old girls. He sees them everyday in training, you got a problem with you not starting you got a week to ask/show him why you weren't/why you should be.

Just had a chat with a family member of a first team player of ours.. says the player in question is not happy at finding out he is not in the team via text message from GM? And apparently it’s the done thing now that he sends out texts to confirm the team to players??

Just wondered peoples thoughts on this? I personally think its very very bad man management for football at this level and am not surprised its getting players backs up..

2 things also

1 im not anti megson at all so this isn’t just to get at him

2 I NEVER start threads on here so this is not some kind of attempt to claim I am ITK or anything ridiculous at all… as im not!

you a manager with premier league experience thinks that Megson, a bloke sitting in an arm chair shouldnt send out texts to the players.... oh wait...

Dear keyboard warrior,

as stated in my post I don't claim to be ITK at all, far from it. I was shocked with what I was told so for once put it on here, not stated it as fact at all just going on what I'm told. I actually like megson so hy would I bullshit.

Or in your language:

Shut di *** up di fukin dicked

Bell end.

:laugh: Telling someone on Owlstalk to verify whatever drivel they have posted or flip off does not make me a keyboard warrior.

"Im not ITK" "followed by "I was talking to a family member of a player" is a bit of a contridiction in terms.

We don't know you.

We dont know which players family you claim to have spoken to.

For all we know, you could be a Blunt on the wind-up (not saying you are though)

So, someone asking for a bit of corroberation is not to be unexpected.

Yours faithfully,

Keyboard Warrior :ph34r:

The only way I could see this being true is if it's a clear method that the players are aware of. Megson might like to go away after training the day before a match and finalise his thoughts in his office, car, at home or wherever and then send a text along the lines of 'You're in the team tomorrow as worked on. We'll discuss more in the team meeting tonight/tomorrow morning.'

I can't see why the players should have an issue with that if they know about it and I can't see it being off the cuff texts instead of seeing players face to face.

Guest jdowl1

Purse and Reynolds on Radio Sheffield both saying positive things about Megson.Threads like this are just negatine, petty, nit picking.Sort of thing that happens when a team is struggling, unfortunatly.

every manager has his own methods

most on here,will be reluctant to critisise,cos megson is popular

if you replace the word megsn with irvine,then expect loads of aggressive pots about how,its holding our players back

i now am longing for some dectn prep...cos at the moment they look like they need some direction and megosn isnt offering it

Guest Distraught!

i now am longing for some dectn prep...

I hope it arrives soon!

By the way, what the flip is dect prep? :huh:

Sorry dectn prep?

Edited by Distraught!