finding the team out

Just had a chat with a family member of a first team player of ours.. says the player in question is not happy at finding out he is not in the team via text message from GM? And apparently it’s the done thing now that he sends out texts to confirm the team to players??

Just wondered peoples thoughts on this? I personally think its very very bad man management for football at this level and am not surprised its getting players backs up..

2 things also

1 im not anti megson at all so this isn’t just to get at him

2 I NEVER start threads on here so this is not some kind of attempt to claim I am ITK or anything ridiculous at all… as im not!

Edited by ryeg1708

Guest 03 owl

I think Megson has more balls and integrity than a text message, imagine if it was the other way round :-

TXT : Sorry boss cannot make it today dropped a crusty white loaf on me foot and its bad :).

Guest Big Guns

Just had a chat with a family member of a first team player of ours.. says the player in question is not happy at finding out he is not in the team via text message from GM? And apparently it’s the done thing now that he sends out texts to confirm the team to players??

Just wondered peoples thoughts on this? I personally think its very very bad man management for football at this level and am not surprised its getting players backs up..

2 things also

2 I NEVER start threads on here so this is not some kind of attempt to claim I am ITK or anything ridiculous at all… as im not!

come on then lets have it whos the player in question ,name him and lets see if hes dropped tomorrow

2 things also

this doesnt surprise me,,

ive also heard other stories about megsons behavior since he came here

with regards to txt messaging the team out

i atually think its very bad man management(oximoron),,

the least i would expect from mr "stright talker" is some eye contact,and a explination of what a certain player needs to get right to get himself closer to selection

i really hope megosn knows what he is doing,cos he has totally lost the dressing room as it stands,and we have a dogfight on our hands

Edited by adamwestsleftear

the least i would expect from mr "stright talker" is some eye contact,and a explination of what a certain player needs to get right to get himself closer to selection

i really hope megosn knows what he is doing,cos he has totally lost the dressing room as it stands,and we have a dogfight on our hands

Can we see some evidence of your allegations.

Guest wakey6

"The player in question is not happy".

I'll tell thee what....I'm not happy and 20000 others are not happy with the poo served up.

I'm sure he'll get over it when his fat wage slip comes through the post.

Guest 03 owl

Have you seen his interviews? if you have, you can gather that im sure he will make eye contact and throw a few verbals too :biggrin:

All this stuff about him being too vocal and tearing you a new arse isn't good, well look at Sir Alex the Hairdryer cross him once and your out ie Keane, Van the Man, Stam, Beckham to name a few, he shouts raves kicks, throws things and is the most successful manager in Britain in recent times. And this season IMO has a worse Man Utd side than the other 3 who are chasing , but it is his hunger and passion - IM THE BOSS Attitude that works for him.

Imagine as Man Utd player thinking ill go see Ferguson and say i think i should be playing lol

apparently it’s the done thing now that he sends out texts to confirm the team to players??

Absolutely laughable. Don't believe it one jot.

As though Megson spends his time texting when he sees the players at training daily and they travel on the coach together.

Absolute joke. Complete load of rubbish.

Have you seen his interviews? if you have, you can gather that im sure he will make eye contact and throw a few verbals too :biggrin:

All this stuff about him being too vocal and tearing you a new arse isn't good, well look at Sir Alex the Hairdryer cross him once and your out ie Keane, Van the Man, Stam, Beckham to name a few, he shouts raves kicks, throws things and is the most successful manager in Britain in recent times. And this season IMO has a worse Man Utd side than the other 3 who are chasing , but it is his hunger and passion - IM THE BOSS Attitude that works for him.

Imagine as Man Utd player thinking ill go see Ferguson and say i think i should be playing lol

its a good point

and i would counter it by saying,,,like it or not,we dont have the cream of the crop like man u,,we dont have the keanes,and beckhams who will respond to it in the same way

ferguson himself has said that he has chilled right out,,,partly cos hes getting older

and partly cos,he says that players arent the same as they used to be,the are more pampered and you cant get thru to them wih the hairdryer

i think its important to remeber,the skill of a manager is getting the balence of prasie/and harshness,,the end result you want is a motivated and confident team thatgoes out there with no fear,and gets results

if you are getting those you can justify bumming them in the showers the day before match day,,

at the moment what megson is doing isnt working at all,,,,thats a fact,so whatever he is doing it isnt working,,,

the truth is some bad stuff has gone on ,and megson is taking us to the brink of the old disivion 4 from a comfortable situation where we sat 12th,,,with a positve goal difference,

Edited by adamwestsleftear

What a load of hite. People come one saying "I've heard this", "I've heard that" bullshit stories.

If you want to appear like you know something, post where you heard it from, or flip off.

fair enough

ive heard some of these stories from a few different people but i saw it posted on this site

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=464&fid=222&sty=2&act=1&mid=2118003017

there are some interstig post on here,

about megsons attitude,and the way irvine was no consulted about all of the signings,and eve had a player turn up to training,without his knowledge

Guest 03 owl

its a good point

and i would counter it by saying,,,like it or not,we dont have the cream of the crop like man u,,we dont have the keanes,and beckhams who will respond to it in the same way

ferguson himself has said that he has chilled right out,,,partly cos hes getting older

and partly cos,he says that players arent the same as they used to be,the are more pampered and you cant get thru to them wih the hairdryer

i think its important to remeber,the skill of a manager is getting the balence of prasie/and harshness,,the end result you want is a motivated and confident team thatgoes out there with no fear,and gets results

if you are getting those you can justify bumming them in the showers the day before match day,,

at the moment what megson is doing isnt working at all,,,,thats a fact,so whatever he is doing it isnt working,,,

the truth is some bad stuff has gone on ,and megson is taking us to the brink of the old disivion 4 from a comfortable situation where we sat 12th,,,with a positve goal difference,

I know you like Irvine and i can understand why you do, but it was his team that GM inherited and has subsequently had to chop and change to try and find out what is best.

I bet Ferguson hasn't chilled one bit when he see's it necessary for the Hair-Dryer :biggrin: .

I Think from my personal experiences that in situations the boss will fly off his handle including us sometimes as you cannot be happy with being beaten or people slacking when your busting a gut, but after everything has been said and calmed down your all back having a drink a laugh and no hard feelings kinda stuff :biggrin:

fair enough

ive heard some of these stories from a few different people but i saw it posted on this site

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=464&fid=222&sty=2&act=1&mid=2118003017

there are some interstig post on here,

about megsons attitude,and the way irvine was no consulted about all of the signings,and eve had a player turn up to training,without his knowledge

Well it must be true then.

The flipping gospel that is Wednesdaymad.

You're a joke.

Bum Irvine to the moon, but now happily spreading gossip and rumor about his replacement.

You came on here and bitched/moaned about Irvine, and how everyone needed to back him and blah blah blah. Yet are quite happy to spread unfounded accusations about lol.

can tell you exactly whats happening (Im a blade in peace.)

I know a player with a first team contract & basically Megson has told the team that he want's to get rid of them all, non of them are good enough and whats to start from scratch & has had private meetings with certain players telling them to find "a different career pathway" (his exact words). No one wants to play for him, the teams morale is very very low. (obvious we know.) & at training, I think it's been leaked anyway, but Gary Madine stood up to Megson in training after challenging his tactics and being told to "shut up" (exact words again)

I dont benefit from any of this, believe it if you want to, but it's what i'm told.

Taken from that Owlsmad thread.

This is adamwestsleftear's source. . .

I know you like Irvine and i can understand why you do, but it was his team that GM inherited and has subsequently had to chop and change to try and find out what is best.

I bet Ferguson hasn't chilled one bit when he see's it necessary for the Hair-Dryer :biggrin: .

I Think from my personal experiences that in situations the boss will fly off his handle including us sometimes as you cannot be happy with being beaten or people slacking when your busting a gut, but after everything has been said and calmed down your all back having a drink a laugh and no hard feelings kinda stuff :biggrin:

yes im sure when ferguson does let it ripp(which is reportidly very rare these days),,it atually means more,,,,,and holds weight

its getting that balence,,and im not sure megson has done that,its all im saying

also agree that if at the end of the day,you are your boss,have a drink,and a bit of mutual respect away from work,,

personally i dont think that is happening enough

Guest 03 owl

yes im sure when ferguson does let it ripp(which is reportidly very rare these days),,it atually means more,,,,,and holds weight

its getting that balence,,and im not sure megson has done that,its all im saying

also agree that if at the end of the day,you are your boss,have a drink,and a bit of mutual respect away from work,,

personally i dont think that is happening enough

I think player power has a lot to do with it, but it shouldn't, As a Boss that is what you are as a manager , find them out and ship them out i'm talking about Football generally here not just our club

Edited by 03 owl