finding the team out

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Just had a chat with a family member of a first team player of ours.. says the player in question is not happy at finding out he is not in the team via text message from GM? And apparently it’s the done thing now that he sends out texts to confirm the team to players??

Just wondered peoples thoughts on this? I personally think its very very bad man management for football at this level and am not surprised its getting players backs up..

2 things also

1 im not anti megson at all so this isn’t just to get at him

2 I NEVER start threads on here so this is not some kind of attempt to claim I am ITK or anything ridiculous at all… as im not!

Your two final comments would suggest to me that:

1. You are anti-Megson, or at least not keen, and;

2. You are in the know.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Just had a chat with a family member of a first team player of ours.. says the player in question is not happy at finding out he is not in the team via text message from GM? And apparently it’s the done thing now that he sends out texts to confirm the team to players??

Just wondered peoples thoughts on this? I personally think its very very bad man management for football at this level and am not surprised its getting players backs up..

2 things also

1 im not anti megson at all so this isn’t just to get at him

2 I NEVER start threads on here so this is not some kind of attempt to claim I am ITK or anything ridiculous at all… as im not!

You also talk about the players (plural) getting their backs up. Not one player. So your language would suggest to me, that you are closer to the 'players' (you must be to comprehend how they feel) than you are letting on.

Ps.Telling a player they are not in the team via text is bad-management at any level. A manager should lead by example and tell the player the reasons why they aren't included- man-to-man. This approach should ensure that respect is maintained and it also allows the player to improve on the areas which the manager feels is letting them down.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump