Are we a complete set of idiots on here?

Player who shows the most fight, passion, determination, effort and work rate - James O'Connor

Player (probably) most moaned about - James O'Connor

Biggest cause for grumble on owls talk - lack of fight, passion, determination, effort and work rate.

Im not guilt free here but why do we abuse the one player who gives everything, same people who boo the lack of effort are the ones who scream 'will someone please put him away' when he plays (one c u n t who sits behind me when i sit on the south)

I know he is not technically good enough and that but you cant have it both ways can you, think we either stop the JOC bashing or the effort bashing now .......

To be fair nearly all of our players get plenty of stick on here. Spurr is another one who always gives 100% but always gets moaned about. Anyway I don't think any/ very few of our players goes onto the pitch and doesn't give their all. It's mental weakness, lack of confidence, previous poor coaching/tactics etc which is holding them back as opposed to a lack of workrate.

To be fair nearly all of our players get plenty of stick on here. Spurr is another one who always gives 100% but always gets moaned about. Anyway I don't think any/ very few of our players goes onto the pitch and doesn't give their all. It's mental weakness, lack of confidence, previous poor coaching/tactics etc which is holding them back as opposed to a lack of workrate.

i don't think you can knock either joc, or tommy's work rate, or ethic...it's just despite running his nuts off joc never quite gets there...and tommy's prone to the odd error, and then some...bit like frank spencer...

ive tried to make the same point about o"conner before

of course hes a bit poor in certain areas,but he does get stuck in and he works so hard,even when hes poo poo hes working his little socks off,,,,

i see some have taken to calling him o"clapper,,which kind of says it all n terms of our fans mindsets

the guy is trying to show some leadership,,and people on here say stuff like "he should never wear the shirt"

i think its a discrace

i personally would be happy to see him in our sqaud next year,,,just becuase i think his personality and desire are a great benchmark of professionalism,,and good example for others to follow

i dont think we can have enough o"conners in the team,,,,

a player that has great heart

i wish people wouldnt confuse lack of effort and lack of quality

pretty much every player has been slagged off and discarded on here, its not just JOC.

We were promised much, expected much, got very little. Unfortunately, some people havent reset their expectations accordingly.

The day will come when people on here wish that players like potter, JOC etc were still here.

dont believe me? see Whelan, Brunt, Leon Clarke, Lee Bullen, Frank Simek..

pretty much every player has been slagged off and discarded on here, its not just JOC.We were promised much, expected much, got very little. Unfortunately, some people havent reset their expectations accordingly.The day will come when people on here wish that players like potter, JOC etc were still here.dont believe me? see Whelan, Brunt, Leon Clarke, Lee Bullen, Frank Simek..

I certainly don't want Leon Clarke back.

pretty much every player has been slagged off and discarded on here, its not just JOC.

We were promised much, expected much, got very little. Unfortunately, some people havent reset their expectations accordingly.

The day will come when people on here wish that players like potter, JOC etc were still here.

dont believe me? see Whelan, Brunt, Leon Clarke, Lee Bullen, Frank Simek..

we havent been promised anything

we have been on the decline for 15years now,and when you have no money you get what you can get,,,

o"conner is a good example,,he isnt some great talent,,,,but he has earny his money here,with sheer hardwork for the team

of course he has some crap games,when hes bad he is awful,,but thats what you get with no money

only since jan have we had the resources to buy better players,,,we dont have to get in frees,,either the low quailty triers like o"conner,or the but past its like clinton

now we can get in players like madine,who we would never have afforded or attracted previusly

as for putting leon clarke in the same breath as bullen,,,,frankly thats an insult

Player who shows the most fight, passion, determination, effort and work rate - James O'Connor

Biggest cause for grumble on owls talk - lack of fight, passion, determination, effort and work rate.

Im not guilt free here but why do we abuse the one player who gives everything, same people who boo the lack of effort are the ones who scream 'will someone please put him away' when he plays (one c u n t who sits behind me when i sit on the south)

I know he is not technically good enough and that but you cant have it both ways can you, think we either stop the JOC bashing or the effort bashing now .......

If any of our players aren't technically good enough for the lower reaches of League 1, then we really do have a problem, oh wait a minute...

We do :biggrin:

Guest Davidowls

I dont think we are a complete set of idiots on here, but given one or two quality signings...maybe :-)

Seriously I think our players are good individually, its getting them to gel together as a team that has proved impossible for AI and difficult for GM!!!

Guest Big Guns

ive flippingheard it all now hes a waste of a flippingshirt flip me any idiot can run about and do flip all for 90 mins wots the point of that a team full of jocs my word yes theres some idiots on here youve got one thing right.

He's like a Jack Russell with no teeth.

Guest intercity0wl

we have been on the decline for 15years now,and when you have no money you get what you can get,,,

o"conner is a good example,,he isnt some great talent,,,,but he has earny his money here,with sheer hardwork for the team

of course he has some crap games,when hes bad he is awful,,but thats what you get with no money

only since jan have we had the resources to buy better players,,,we dont have to get in frees,,either the low quailty triers like o"conner,or the but past its like clinton

now we can get in players like madine,who we would never have afforded or attracted previusly

as for putting leon clarke in the same breath as bullen,,,,frankly thats an insult

Apart from your views on AI I agree with your views on just about everything else. As you say we were promised nothing, it was the posted on here, me included to a lesser degree that made the assumption that the experienced players brought in were exactly the ones needed to get us out of this division, there is a slight chance that may still indeed happen, but not in the way we thought.

Edited by intercity0wl

im sorry, but 8ollocks.

We were told Irvine had assembled a squad not only capable of doing a job in this league, but in the championship as well. It was echoed by the players, whio came out saying how they were determined to turn things around and make up for last season, and on that basis the fans were given hope and expectation.

and frankly, the players have failed to live up to that expectation.

some, like JOC, is down purely to ability (i actually like him, i think in a 5 man midfield he would be alright and do an job, but hes not been good enough for us this year). Others, like Miller/JJ etc is down to application. They simply havent tried enough.

as for the comments regarding Leon Clarke - i certainly dont want him back, but there was a post on here debating whether he would have been better than the players we have got.

He may be like a "jack russell with no teeth" but can't fault his work rate or commitment - like Tommy Spurr in some aspects, and as a Wednesdayite all I ask for is that, yes he's not good enough but at least he has a bit of gumption, which is more than you can say for a few others.

If we could somehow merge players like Darren Potter's ability with O'Connor's work rate and commitment we'd be top of this league.