Are we a complete set of idiots on here?

I don't understand why fans get so bottom about rumbleing workrate

It's the very LEAST that should be expected of any player - they should be criticised if they don't put the legwork in - not lauded if they do

JOC is a poor player no matter how much he runs around

If you want that in the team then that's your choice - there won't be many others alongside you though

You're right, JOC is absolutely dogger but if some players worked as hard as him we would wouldn't be in this poo !

JOC should be nowhere near the starting 11 as he can't add anything to the side, technically an awful player.

At the moment it has to come down to sheer work rate and our players seemingly have very little, at least he gives 100%.

Simple really.

If you are prepared to accept that JOC should be in the team because of his workrate and effort.

- then be prepared to remain a mid table league 1 side until the end of all time.

How he makes the bench, let alone the starting eleven, is one of life's great mysteries.

Guest Big Guns

are we complete idiots on here..............adamwestsleftear is. reading his posts at times is like watching eastenders.if your not depressed when it starts u are when it goes off.

true but leftears posts ars so long and boring i only read a couple of lines and then flip it off

In summation:

The Owlsman is an idiot. And so am I. Thanks for nothing, Abbeydale Grange...

Adamwestslefttesticle thinks he's Tolstoy.

Big Guns does not.

And we need footballers with talent and application.

I would give my all if I was offered the chance to play for Sheffield Wednesday. I'd huff, puff, chase shadows, give the ball away and generally blunder about like a clueless amateur that doesn't really have the legs for it.

I'd expect to be booed off the pitch because I'm not good enough. I'm probably technically a little better than JOC, and almost certainly better that Spurr (who isn't!); but neither of them, nor me sadly, should ever play for SWFC.

Harsh but true I'm afraid!

Of course you are that's why you're playing professional football...keep playing CM and no doubt you'll be better than Mourihno....some of the flippingshite posted on here beggars believe

As Football players earn more and more money the Football fans mentality has changed and its now 'oh they didnt try' or 'they dont care' when they play poorly and lose games. Its a jealousy thing and the easiest thing to pick up on when criticising a player because of the amount of money they earn (which is usually alot more than any of us do).

In reality the reasons are the same as they've always been, teams lose because they are not good enough, not prepared well enough, not coached well enough, tactically poor or too many players have an off day.

I dont think our players go out with the attitude of not caring, they dont lose on purpose.

What makes me laugh the most is fans who say the players dont battle and throw in the towel yet these same people walk out of games when we go 2-0 down which is exactly the same thing!!

As Football players earn more and more money the Football fans mentality has changed and its now 'oh they didnt try' or 'they dont care' when they play poorly and lose games. Its a jealousy thing and the easiest thing to pick up on when criticising a player because of the amount of money they earn (which is usually alot more than any of us do).

In reality the reasons are the same as they've always been, teams lose because they are not good enough, not prepared well enough, not coached well enough, tactically poor or too many players have an off day.

I dont think our players go out with the attitude of not caring, they dont lose on purpose.

What makes me laugh the most is fans who say the players dont battle and throw in the towel yet these same people walk out of games when we go 2-0 down which is exactly the same thing!!

we have some reasonably talented players who have been crap this season. so if its not their ability, its their application or their desire to do the job asked of them, or they are being confused and used incorrectly by their managers. some players have frankly not tried their best, and no one is going to convince me that we have seen every player give 100% effort for the majority of weeks. some people dont want to be here and they are making it painfully obvious.

if i was earning £3k a week for doing something i loved, you can bet your life id work my ar$e off to make sure i didnt lose that job. while i dont agree with walkking out, im not going to blame people who earn less in a year then these lot earn in a month for refusing to put up with a lack of effort - not talent, effort.

i would people to directly name these players who arnt trying

cos from where stand,i see a tea looking ill prepared anbd confused in there roles(that get changed every game it seems)

its crap that they dont care,,,or arnt trying

i think its just that,most football fans are abit thick,and like nice simple answers as to why we are on a poor run

the truth is its not that simple.,it never has been

at the moment we have gone from some gradual stability under irvine,

,with him absorbing the hate of 15years of underachievement,,

and keeping it away from the players

even when we were 2nd with this once "wee wee the league team",that is now transformed into "even fergie himself couldnt do anything with them" team

irvine was getting haterid,and being called useless,,he was holdng themback,and over preping them,with his borig videos ect ect

so the simpletons,rounded on the easy target irvine

now the simpletons,who like megson,(as hes a fan like),they cant now bring themselves to hold him accountable for what has happened since he took over

now its as simple as,"o the players arnt trying".

well thats crap,,

they are being managed poorly,they have been demotivated,and are confused in there roles

a managers job is to maximise what you have at your disposal

if hes failing at that then be honest about his involvement

and all those advocating giving him real time

great,but be aware they are the same fans who wanted irvine oput after less than a year

Edited by adamwestsleftear

Guest jdowl1

Megson rates Irvine as a mate and a good manager,it didn,t work out for him.He was moved on.Same thing will happen to Mega if things don,t work out.

Trying to do the job in a crisis position with somebody elses signings cant be easy. At least he needs the same opportunity as Irvine.

Whats with the avatar?Is that you or Irvine?

Megson rates Irvine as a mate and a good manager,it didn,t work out for him.He was moved on.Same thing will happen to Mega if things don,t work out.

Trying to do the job in a crisis position with somebody elses signings cant be easy. At least he needs the same opportunity as Irvine.

Whats with the avatar?Is that you or Irvine?

so 20 games into next season if we arnt top 2 then we should sack megson?

wow,what an oppitunity

Guest jdowl1

so 20 games into next season if we arnt top 2 then we should sack megson?

wow,what an oppitunity

Or if we,re relegated and halfway down the division below with it looking like things are going to get worse.

its obvious that the whole club is in need of an overhaul. someone needs to be in charge and has to implement a series of decisions that rebuiild the club from bottom up. That also includes a squad capable of competing in this league, but who will continue to improve without the need for mass changes every summer.

to do that, someone needs to be given the time required to put the plan in place, bring in the right people, and see it through.

I like to see a good (great) footballer and though i have a little shame i saying it, during the late 60's I used to sneak in at the lane to see Tony Currie.

There was a flash of him on tele last week featuring a goal where he totally wrong footed Mervin Day the WHU keeper and rolled the ball into the net from 20 yards.

My point is that though Currie was a genius passer, dropping the ball on a tanner from 40 yards plus. The guy used to get dogs abuse from the piggy fans because he would n't run around like an idiot. We are not the only fans who winge.

How relieved I was when they got rid of him along with Birchenall, Jones, Woodward, Salmons because for a year or two they looked, for the only time in my life, like developing into a real team. The one chance the pigs had of breaking through and they blew it !

The pigs have gone on for so long about us being in their shadow..............Nonesense, there has been too much gloom to cast any shadows. But believe, for us the gloom is ending. This season has been hard but it has delivered a new start. OK we over estimated what those with the shirts could deliver. The situation will improve, players stronger mentally, higher skill set and with that a better feel for the club. This will happen but it would be remiss of us to expect our development to be in a straight line, there will be little set backs along the way but we will get there.

UTO WTID