Do We....?

I must admit the OP didn't help himself by being ambiguous.

He should have got straight to the point. If he had a point to make.

I think he was testing the water, before making the point.

(if that makes sense).

I wanted to see if people thought they supported anti racism before I cited what racism I heard.

Apologies if that caught anyone out.

It is is just the sort of thing you would use in a conversation. I don't see why there is an issue here.

I wanted to see if people thought they supported anti racism before I cited what racism I heard.

Apologies if that caught anyone out.

It is is just the sort of thing you would use in a conversation. I don't see why there is an issue here.

The only issue OxonOwl is the one you brought up.

Any others thrown in are to deflect attention away from or belittle the issue.

It is racist.

It cannot be defended.

Are you in the forces?

What freedoms do you fight for?

Whose freedoms do you protect?

Do you also protect the weak and disadvantaged?

Or, has it all changed now.

i like you reading i do as a owl but :-

Which is what I do.

I lived in Holland for 5 years, the only 2 decent clogs I met were Indonesian........I've worked with 3 Welsh guys and they've all tried to stab me in the back, same with scousers.

Yes, disliking the whole country/area is a generalisation, and wrong, but until I'm proven otherwise I only have my experiences to go on........hence the playoff final comment, the Welsh were very hospitable and changed my view a little, but then you've got to remember it's in their interests to be nice.

Belgians are great btw.......just poo poo builders. :biggrin:

poo poo De Bilde's anyway!

Sorry!

1 I didn't bring racism into any equation. Those making racist chants did

2 I try to be the best I can. I am not perfect and I don't think I am better than everyone else but if I see or hear something that I think is wrong, I usually speak up for it.

3 Frankly, I am not looking for "bites" and why is it the wrong section when I am commenting on todays game?

Your comment is not racist but I get the feeling you are defending the racists. Same thing?

Why is it that only a white man can be joked about without a problem but anything said about any other race is automaticlly racism????

All most all of us are discriminated against in this life, because we are poor, because of our looks, our colour, or simply our demeanor. Most of us are 'pigeon holed' from birth, with little chance of ever escaping our fate.

Every time we apply for a job, or simply go to the chippy people treat us accordingly to how they percieve us.

This is not to say it is right of course but because of human nature it is innevitable.

Frankly if all I had to worry about in this respect, was a couple of hundred people calling me a gypo I'd be quite happy.

Get a life, there are far worse types of discrimination that go unrecognised and don't recieve comment.

This is something I have been wondering for a while. We have this charter up at work (a school) about not being racist to Gypsies, but no one seems to know why they are a race. I don't see why Benefit Sponges or Philantrophists are not races (opposite ends of the economic attitudes spectrum) but Gypsies are.

Not that I'm suggesting either of those groups are races. That is kind of my point.

Get a life, there are far worse types of discrimination that go unrecognised and don't recieve comment.

"In Germany they came first for the Communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.

Then they came for me, and by that time no one was left to speak up."

-- by Martin Niemöller, prominent German anti-Nazi theologian.

Guest Triplej2

Does anyone know exactly what was sung?

If it was "Where's ya caravan" I think the OP is grossly overreacting. The irish travelling community who we call "gypsies" live in caravans have a lifestyle most of Britain thinks is bizzarre and worth a bit of ridicule at best. I'm not gonna even get in to the tax dodging, theft and scamming they are known for.

I personally take every person as I find them, however that doesn't stop me from not being particularly keen on the traveller culture and I'd definitely laugh at people singing "where's ya caravan"

I don't think this is racism, I don't even think they're a race really, just a very unusual set of part irish people who's lifestyle seems very strange to me. Do you think they don't ridicule us? They have various derogatory names for us and laugh at our inherent line-toeing.

Guest Triplej2

"In Germany they came first for the Communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.

Then they came for me, and by that time no one was left to speak up."

-- by Martin Niemöller, prominent German anti-Nazi theologian.

The travelling community doesn't want to live within the boundaries which the rest of us live though. They don't contribute like everyone else does, they are inherently opposed to it.