Do We....?

Not racist, just irrational and generalist.

Got to be some decent people amongst em, so you are losing out IMO.

I don't dislike anyone 'in general' TBH.

I think it is better to take people as I find them.

Which is what I do.

I lived in Holland for 5 years, the only 2 decent clogs I met were Indonesian........I've worked with 3 Welsh guys and they've all tried to stab me in the back, same with scousers.

Yes, disliking the whole country/area is a generalisation, and wrong, but until I'm proven otherwise I only have my experiences to go on........hence the playoff final comment, the Welsh were very hospitable and changed my view a little, but then you've got to remember it's in their interests to be nice.

Belgians are great btw.......just poo poo builders. :biggrin:

Proper gypsies I can handle (although I doubt there's many Romanies in the UK)....it's the fake gypsies I dislike, Irish travellers that you generally find at race meetings.

Racism and Discrimination

In Commission for Racial Equality v Dutton the Court of Appeal held that Romany Gypsies were an ethnic group within the meaning of the Race Relations Act 1976 (RRA) having regard to the evidence of their shared history, geographical origin, distinct customs and language.

More recently in O’Leary v Allied Domecq, a case brought on behalf of Irish Travellers, the County Court accepted that Irish Travellers are also a distinct ethnic group for the purposes of the RRA. There are currently no reported cases relating to Gypsies or Travellers of other ethnic origins but there seems to be no reason why Scottish or Welsh Travellers could not argue that they are members of separate ethnic groups.

The OP does not mention today's game

Post 9 in this thread.

"I was disappointed and embarrassed by the anti Gypsy chants today. This is racism. I do not want to be associated with it. I do not want Sheffield Wednesday to be associated with it."

Edited by sonofbert2

What i dislike the most is:

1) People who just want to bring racism into the equation just to build up their number of posts.

2) Want to try and be better than anybody else.

3) Post it in the obviously wrong section, so that it gets more bites.

VVankers

You can either take this as a racist comment or not.

You will probably go for the first option.

1 I didn't bring racism into any equation. Those making racist chants did

2 I try to be the best I can. I am not perfect and I don't think I am better than everyone else but if I see or hear something that I think is wrong, I usually speak up for it.

3 Frankly, I am not looking for "bites" and why is it the wrong section when I am commenting on todays game?

Your comment is not racist but I get the feeling you are defending the racists. Same thing?

But, the one i replied to, was the Opening Post, which does not mention today's game, whatsoever.

I must admit the OP didn't help himself by being ambiguous.

He should have got straight to the point. If he had a point to make.

I think he was testing the water, before making the point.

(if that makes sense).

Your comment is not racist but I get the feeling you are defending the racists. Same thing?

I am not defending anybody. sticking up for anybody, or taking sides with anybody.

Just replying to the OP.

And, by the way,

Sorry for putting VVankers in there, no need for that

But, the one i replied to, was the Opening Post, which does not mention today's game, whatsoever.

Your post was the 32nd in this thread.

You are technically right although I get the feeling you are trying to backtrack on your gut reaction to protect the racists from a perceived attention grabbing do-gooder.

Maybe you have issues?

1 I didn't bring racism into any equation. Those making racist chants did

2 I try to be the best I can. I am not perfect and I don't think I am better than everyone else but if I see or hear something that I think is wrong, I usually speak up for it.

3 Frankly, I am not looking for "bites" and why is it the wrong section when I am commenting on todays game?

What trollop you are speaking :)

Your post was the 32nd in this thread.

You are technically right although I get the feeling you are trying to backtrack on your gut reaction to protect the racists from a perceived attention grabbing do-gooder.

Maybe you have issues?

I will treat that with the contempt it deserves.

Goodnight all.

Are you in the forces?

What freedoms do you fight for?

Whose freedoms do you protect?

Do you also protect the weak and disadvantaged?

Or, has it all changed now.

yours to say that :)

I may not have mentioned the reason for the question in the OP but that doesn't mean it is not connected with today's game.

I don't care which section this is in. It doesn't change the validity of the questions "Does SWFC support ' Kick racism out of football'" or "Do SWFC fans support ' Kick racism out of football'" or "Do posters on OT support ' Kick racism out of football'"

If the chants had been the same with Gypsy references replaced with blacks or the N word, would you feel the same? Would the club or the FA do anything about it? Or would KROOF do anything?

Admins, please move if this is considered to be the wrong topic area.

This is a serious issue and should not be diminished by an argument that I posted it in the wrong area or that I want bites or that I think I am better than anyone else. It is not about me.

The issue exists on its own merits.

Which is what I do.

I lived in Holland for 5 years, the only 2 decent clogs I met were Indonesian........I've worked with 3 Welsh guys and they've all tried to stab me in the back, same with scousers.

Yes, disliking the whole country/area is a generalisation, and wrong, but until I'm proven otherwise I only have my experiences to go on........hence the playoff final comment, the Welsh were very hospitable and changed my view a little, but then you've got to remember it's in their interests to be nice.

Belgians are great btw.......just poo poo builders. :biggrin:

Perhaps the way you portray yourself to the entire populations on Holland, Wales and Merseyside may have a bearing on why you dislike them.