Do We....?

The travelling community doesn't want to live within the boundaries which the rest of us live though. They don't contribute like everyone else does, they are inherently opposed to it.

Well, that is not strictly true IMO. The Daily Mail wants you to believe that though. Whilst the 'establishment' gets away with everything.

But even if it is. What is wrong with that?

I don't particularly want to 'fit in' with general society either.

Long live William and Kate (according to the Sunday Mail).

But lets talk about minorities, eh? That will make things a lot better. They must be the reason why people are losing their jobs.

Guest Big Guns

i don't think gypsy are a race

wot about happy clappers are they a race personaly id round em all up and gas em so yes im happy clapperist.

Why is it that only a white man can be joked about without a problem but anything said about any other race is automaticlly racism????

True... why is it white English people are the only racists, i've been racially abused before and i'm white.

This countrys f00ked up IMO.

Yeah, divide the working classes whilst the establishment gets away with everything. Oldest trick in the book.

It's all the gypsies fault (this time). They don't pay taxes and scrounge (according to the Daily Mail)..

Works every time.

Personally, I think unmarried mothers have created the credit crunch and job losses. They have ruined this country.

*and happy clappers*

I remember being ashamed of being an Owls fan a few years back (late 1990s/early 2000s) - going to places like Leicester and Birmingham and hearing the "you're just a town full of p***'s" chant. I haven't heard that for years. I don't think "where's your caravan" is anywhere near as offensive. Not to say it isn't slightly racist - just that things have moved on a bit.

Edited by Bearwood Owl1

Guest Triplej2

Well, that is not strictly true IMO. The Daily Mail wants you to believe that though. Whilst the 'establishment' gets away with everything.

But even if it is. What is wrong with that?

I don't particularly want to 'fit in' with general society either.

Long live William and Kate (according to the Sunday Mail).

But lets talk about minorities, eh? That will make things a lot better. They must be the reason why people are losing their jobs.

Opting out of a system is fine if you don't intend to EVER take from or benefit from that system.

Also to suggest that by and large they DO pay their taxes and obey the laws of this country would be naive at best.

Need an ambulance? Don't phone 999, you don't pay in.

Need an operation? Don't ask, you don't pay in.

Your mother's been mugged? Don't call the cops, you haven't paid in.

This train of thought doesn't make me a robot, it's just how things work and why bring the royal family into it? I have my own opinions on them but that's not relevant here.

Muslims publicly burning poppies on rememberance day isnt a problem.

But being white and calling somebody from a different culture a nasty name is punishable by death by some pr!cks in this country. :angry:

I really hope you're being sarcastic, cos if not, you're one thick illegitimate

@Reading owl (quote doesn't seem to work through TapTalk.)

Fair point in principle, especially after the Barclays thing this week. However, the majority of the Royals do pay tax, at a higher rate than you or I.

And as bad as the banks are, they don't cry racism if you call them on it. Plus, I assume they at least pay council tax on their houses.

Gypsy isn't a race.

It might be tasteless or offensive but by definition it's not racist.

In Commission for Racial Equality v Dutton the Court of Appeal held that Romany Gypsies were an ethnic group within the meaning of the Race Relations Act 1976 (RRA) having regard to the evidence of their shared history, geographical origin, distinct customs and language.

More recently in O’Leary v Allied Domecq, a case brought on behalf of Irish Travellers, the County Court accepted that Irish Travellers are also a distinct ethnic group for the purposes of the RRA. There are currently no reported cases relating to Gypsies or Travellers of other ethnic origins but there seems to be no reason why Scottish or Welsh Travellers could not argue that they are members of separate ethnic groups.