Do We....?

Yeah, divide the working classes whilst the establishment gets away with everything. Oldest trick in the book.

It's all the gypsies fault (this time). They don't pay taxes and scrounge (according to the Daily Mail)..

Works every time.

Personally, I think unmarried mothers have created the credit crunch and job losses. They have ruined this country.

*and happy clappers*

the only person dividing the social classes on here mate is you.

Why such a big chip against those who want to better themselves?

I'm not making any comment on what went on at the game but...

Not all of those you would call gypsies are of an Irish heritage. Many are Romany gypsies. Hitler committed genocide against the Romany people - as many as 1.5m may have been executed. Since 1945 the world has done everything it can to remove any traces of stigma associated with being Jewish. Not the same can be said for the Romany people. They continue to be hounded from pillar to post - Roma women have been subjected to state-sponsored forced sterilisation in Eastern Europe as recently as ten years ago, perhaps even in EU countries; in France being illegally rounded up and deported to other EU countries; in Italy being scapegoated within a climate of fear driven by populist politicians leading to their camps being destroyed by angry mobs in scenes that hark back to the dark ages.

How does one expect them to integrate into society if they are treat as if they are subhuman?

As for the comments about tax:

If anyone can provide me with proof that most travellers don't pay taxes then i'll withdraw. But you wont be able to. Because to say that they don't is just repeating the bullshit that you read in the Mail and Express and that you've always just presumed.

Instead of scapegoating them, why not focus your efforts on the tax dodgers at the top of society who are avoiding tens of billions of tax payments each and every year?

im gettin sick of the liberal left wing bedwetters comin on here after every game mumpin about wednesday fans gettin drunk,fartin,singin certain songs,shoutin profanities etc etc,go to the theatre ffs if you dont like wot happens at the match

I'm getting sick of ignorant, racist, aggresive pissheads ruining away games for people, disgracing the name of Sheffield Wednesday, then coming on this forum laughing about it and defending it.

"In Germany they came first for the Communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.

Then they came for me, and by that time no one was left to speak up."

-- by Martin Niemöller, prominent German anti-Nazi theologian.

Hitler committed genocide against the Romany people - as many as 1.5m may have been executed.

I'm getting sick of ignorant, racist, aggresive pissheads ruining away games for people, disgracing the name of Sheffield Wednesday, then coming on this forum laughing about it and defending it.

Another voice of reason enters the fray.

I have been negged throughout this thread for stating facts.

Gypsies of Romany or Irish origin are protected from discrimination in the UK by the Race Relations Laws.

Can those who are advocating the chants that upset the OP explain to me what is funny, harmless, and more importantly the point of that particular "song"?

It's embarrassing and offensive and I would think that amongst our thousands of supporters we have WEDNESDAYITES of gypsy origin.

I bet they were rolling around laughing..........

Another voice of reason enters the fray.

I have been negged throughout this thread for stating facts.

Gypsies of Romany or Irish origin are protected from discrimination in the UK by the Race Relations Laws.

Can those who are advocating the chants that upset the OP explain to me what is funny, harmless, and more importantly the point of that particular "song"?

It's embarrassing and offensive and I would think that amongst our thousands of supporters we have WEDNESDAYITES of gypsy origin.

I bet they were rolling around laughing..........

lets put this into perspective a bit shall we. Who was offended by the chant? Has anyone spoken to a gypsy and asked them whether it offends them?

I have. And they laughed. Offended? Not in the slightest. His words were "what is everyone on about? Its a bit of p1ss-taking. If thats the worst I have to worry about then whoopidoo" in a strange Irish accent.

I therefore have to ask, if a Gypsy doesn't get offended by it, WHY THE F*CK DO YOU?

lets put this into perspective a bit shall we. Who was offended by the chant? Has anyone spoken to a gypsy and asked them whether it offends them?

I have. And they laughed. Offended? Not in the slightest. His words were "what is everyone on about? Its a bit of p1ss-taking. If thats the worst I have to worry about then whoopidoo" in a strange Irish accent.

I therefore have to ask, if a Gypsy doesn't get offended by it, WHY THE F*CK DO YOU?

I think you're fibbing.

Massive strides have been made in tackling racism in football.

Yesterday was the first http://www.footballvhomophobia.com/ day.

Not everything regarding discrimination is black and white.

Edited by sonofbert2

How does one expect them to integrate into society if they are treat as if they are subhuman?

As for the comments about tax:

If anyone can provide me with proof that most travellers don't pay taxes then i'll withdraw. But you wont be able to. Because to say that they don't is just repeating the bullshit that you read in the Mail and Express and that you've always just presumed.

Instead of scapegoating them, why not focus your efforts on the tax dodgers at the top of society who are avoiding tens of billions of tax payments each and every year?

:laugh:

dunno why im getting involved here but-

im gonna assume you have never actually had any contact with gypsies or dont know anyone who's land they have decided to 'set up camp' on or seeing the disrespect they have for ANYONE but themselves

its easy to comment when you are reading and making assumptions after reading a textbook eh?

Racism and Discrimination

In Commission for Racial Equality v Dutton the Court of Appeal held that Romany Gypsies were an ethnic group within the meaning of the Race Relations Act 1976 (RRA) having regard to the evidence of their shared history, geographical origin, distinct customs and language.

More recently in O’Leary v Allied Domecq, a case brought on behalf of Irish Travellers, the County Court accepted that Irish Travellers are also a distinct ethnic group for the purposes of the RRA. There are currently no reported cases relating to Gypsies or Travellers of other ethnic origins but there seems to be no reason why Scottish or Welsh Travellers could not argue that they are members of separate ethnic groups.

errr What about English Travellers or Yorkshire Travellers?

I think you're fibbing.

no i'm not. His house backs on to mine, and I've just been clearing the cat-poo poo out of my garden and spoke to him for 10 mins. He knows I support Wednesday and asked about the game. I wouldn't trust him as far as I can throw him, but we have a bit of a laugh.

And we should stop singin' "we're by far the greatest team...cos its a lie...and lyings a sin....Fookin' 'ell...did someone sing something worse than "wheres yer Caravan/, cos i find this thread laughable...We call Blades fans scum and pigs...no fvcker bats an eyelid...Why?...cos most people, Gypsies probably included...know football for what it is....Banter between fans, fans trying to put players off cos they ave long hair....

Any instances of a player complaining...even once?...No...why?...cos no fvcker is offended by it...

The referees a w*nker....any proof?...hope not!...

I mean bloody hell all i'm all for fairness in football....

Racism needed kicking out of football and some of the chants against black players were disgusting...it needed stamping on....but for fvcks sake...shall we sit and sing hymns and actual factual statements?.....

And we should stop singin' "we're by far the greatest team...cos its a lie...and lyings a sin....Fookin' 'ell...did someone sing something worse than "wheres yer Caravan/, cos i find this thread laughable...We call Blades fans scum and pigs...no fvcker bats an eyelid...Why?...cos most people, Gypsies probably included...know football for what it is....Banter between fans, fans trying to put players off cos they ave long hair....

Any instances of a player complaining...even once?...No...why?...cos no fvcker is offended by it...

Racism needed kicking out of football and some of the chants against black players were disgusting...it needed stamping on....but for fvcks sake...shall we sit and sing hymns and actual factual statements?.....

Spot on as usual old boy.

:laugh:

The referees an accountant

no i'm not. His house backs on to mine, and I've just been clearing the cat-poo poo out of my garden and spoke to him for 10 mins. He knows I support Wednesday and asked about the game. I wouldn't trust him as far as I can throw him, but we have a bit of a laugh.

A great Sunday morning activity.

Hunt the cat poo poo. Very enjoyable.

That and the Mail on Sunday.