The Kop

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Thankfully I sit in the North, we don't need some musicians to create some noise.

Thank god they don't do away games

Atmosphere comes first and foremost from the pitch. It does not have to be world beating stuff but it needs to be attacking and entertaining.

We have had years of crap, add that to all seating, a half empty stadium and totally outdated facilities and you can understand peoples frustrations and lack of vocal support for the team.

I too went on the Kop for the first time in 20 years, it was like going back to the dark ages. Toilets primitive and stank!

Gimme my seat anytime in North Stand.

I've still got ridges across my knees from seat in front. Everyone stands in front of you when owt exciting happens (not very often i know). A tad frustrating to say the least.

Having said that enjoyed the atmosphere in there yesterday, it was cracking.

I just wrote out a very long post biting to your pathetic fishing about the Kop / other stands, however i lost my wireless connection and lost it, so i'll sum it up in brief.

Basically, you're a edit Vulva and the type of fan that needs 'managing out' if we are going to progress.

Good to see the British class system is still alive. I've been all over the ground through the years and to be honest, apart from the view on the Kop (those pillars), it's still the best and one of the biggest in the country.

Kick Snobbery out of football!

Guest RotherhamOwl69

Had the misfortune of going on the Kop yesterday, for the first time in 15 years.

Good grief. The facilities are like Spotland from 1981. It also at times resembled the Star Bar, with many of the individuals appearing to have been let out, just for the day.

his vaginal discharge is troubling him again, just ignore him its only a stage

Had the misfortune of going on the Kop yesterday, for the first time in 15 years.

Good grief. The facilities are like Spotland from 1981. It also at times resembled the Star Bar, with many of the individuals appearing to have been let out, just for the day.

OH!!!!!!!, i thought it said ...SCOTLAND...thought 'kin 'ell, that's goin a bit far...

Guest intercity0wl

I too went on the Kop for the first time in 20 years, it was like going back to the dark ages. Toilets primitive and stank!

Gimme my seat anytime in North Stand.

I've still got ridges across my knees from seat in front. Everyone stands in front of you when owt exciting happens (not very often i know). A tad frustrating to say the least.

Having said that enjoyed the atmosphere in there yesterday, it was cracking.

You going to Posh on Tuesday pal, if so wait till you see whats on offer there re fluid relieving facilities ,on a par With Southports if you saw them.

Quote: me and the wife are season ticket holders on the kop.

we went on the south for a change, great seats just behind directors box half way line great view of the game.

BUT it was like sitting in a library no singing no banter absolutly no atmosphere keep the facilities can't wait to get back to our own seats on the KOP thank you.

Were you and your wife not given a clear and legible copy (10 languages, braille and audio samples) of the South Stand members rules?

They clearly state: No singing (unless either the national anthem or our lords prayer (Christian singing only of course)), No raising of voices at players, No number two's allowed in the conveniences and only polite applause and a 'hurrah for the boys' allowed after a goal is scored.

Seems pretty obvious to me the values and behaviours expected on the South Stand were not to yours and your good wifes liking!

Perhaps better try the other stands where that sort of 'unwanted excess' is tolerated-:

Yesterday was the first time I have ever had to sit in the Kop, and too be quite honest I was a little aggrieved and rather bitter that I wasn't able to get tickets to sit in the South Stand (my own fault as i'd left it rather late too purchase), but I frickin loved every moment of it and it's completely changed my perception for where I want to sit for future games.

The view of the stadium from that stand is quite a sight to behold. You don't get a true feel for the sheer vastness of Hillsborough from the South Stand, and the atmosphere was terrific .

All in all as much as I was pissed off to the hilt I wasn't able to get tickets in the South Stand prior to kick off, as soon as I took my seat in the Kop, I knew the club had actually done me a huge favour and opened my eyes to something i'd previously had no interest of trying out, and for that i'm very grateful.

UTO!

Vulva you massive bell. Football is built on these potty mouth fans you slate. Seriously your a sprout mate- down the hatch old boy totty towers. I'll take pishing on brickwork any day.

The best thing is, I only called him an arsehole an nob head.

Pretty sure I've heard worse than that on the north and south stands.