The Kop

Had the misfortune of going on the Kop yesterday, for the first time in 15 years.

Good grief. The facilities are like Spotland from 1981. It also at times resembled the Star Bar, with many of the individuals appearing to have been let out, just for the day.

Had the misfortune of going on the Kop yesterday, for the first time in 15 years.

Good grief. The facilities are like Spotland from 1981. It also at times resembled the Star Bar, with many of the individuals appearing to have been let out, just for the day.

:laugh: that just about sums it up really.

Guest intercity0wl

Quite enjoyed my day back on my spiritual home yesterday instead of th North, will agree the facilities need a bit of work, but the comment about it being a saturday meeting place for Care in the community rejects can be said of nearly every home clubs popular fans area on matchday.

Also witnessed the handbags at dawn Sparring competition which involved the throwing of about three left hooks without actually looking like landing one.

Its severity can be gaged on it being sorted out quickly and without bloodshed by three men in yellow jackets crouching down and glaring at the gladiators in a please, please please stop it kind of a way, rarther than seeing any truncheons and coppers hats flying through the air.

All in all it was like a royal garden party in there yesterday, compared to the menacing British Bulldog style interclub Royal Rumbles of the 70s.

Edited by intercity0wl

I like variety.

Season Ticket on the North... Don't think I'd ever change as I think it's by far the best stand in general. In fact it's just a pretty awesome stand full stop, even more so when you consider it's age and design. Masterpiece.

But for cup games I do like to vary between the Kop and South. Both great stands.

It's a great stadium overall isn't it?

Who gives a flying about facilities in the Kop, there is a bar and some pissers, that's all matters isn't it?

Also, having a go at the fans who sits in certain stands... Again, who gives a flying? We're all Wednesday arn't we?

UTO

Guest BirdonaMaguire

The Kop once the best place to watch Wednesday now a shadow of its former self. The band don't help.

Thank god for The North

The Kop once the best place to watch Wednesday now a shadow of its former self. The band don't help.

Thank god for The North

But the band isn't always there, but they do boost the atmosphere sometimes and its better then that bloody dale cavese song tango sings

Some of you lot sound like a bunch of stuck up arseholes.

There's nob heads on every stand.

An it sounds to me like there was an extra nob head on the kop with you being there.

A good example of the type of potty mouth I witnessed yesterday. If we have aspirations of getting back to the Premier League, we need to try and 'manage out' this type of fan.

A good example of the type of potty mouth I witnessed yesterday. If we have aspirations of getting back to the Premier League, we need to try and 'manage out' this type of fan.

Haha what an idiot.

I'm a season ticket holder with my son. So you're sayin Wednesday need to get rid of 2 season ticket holders?

Idiot.

Facilities are crap. Took about 10 minutes to get to the queue to be served then ages in queue. No pies left. We've missed out on revenue but saved on stewarding costs so swings and roundabouts I suppose. Lot of disgruntled folk at half time though.

It will need sorting if we get back up the leagues cos at the moment, when the kops full, it's facilities arent fit for purpose really. Like I said yesterday though, that's what happens when the people who run your club neglect the stadium and treat the majority of fans with disdain. It's seriously outdated. Needs bringing out of the dark ages.

me and the wife are season ticket holders on the kop.

we went on the south for a change, great seats just behind directors box half way line great view of the game.

BUT it was like sitting in a library no singing no banter absolutly no atmosphere keep the facilities can't wait to get back to our own seats on the KOP thank you.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

But the band isn't always there, but they do boost the atmosphere sometimes and its better then that bloody dale cavese song tango sings

By boost you mean kill? I also despise the Dale Cavese song, and the blue and white army that the Wolves ponce sings

By boost you mean kill? I also despise the Dale Cavese song, and the blue and white army that the Wolves ponce sings

The atmosphere is even worse when band isn't there, like Tuesday night until Yeovil's 2nd man got sent off. The blue and white army song hasn't been sung for ages because it never got going after that eventful night in Nottingham.