The Kop

Facilities are crap. Took about 10 minutes to get to the queue to be served then ages in queue. No pies left. We've missed out on revenue but saved on stewarding costs so swings and roundabouts I suppose. Lot of disgruntled folk at half time though.

It will need sorting if we get back up the leagues cos at the moment, when the kops full, it's facilities arent fit for purpose really. Like I said yesterday though, that's what happens when the people who run your club neglect the stadium and treat the majority of fans with disdain. It's seriously outdated. Needs bringing out of the dark ages.

to be fair the kop just hasnt got the space to to up grade its facilities its built on a massive mound of earth and theres not a lot they could do without levelling the whole lot and building a complete new stand ......

Guest Buxtonian

Several points raised, not the least of which is the state of the facilities. They certainly do need improving, but I can well remember going to the old Wembley Stadium, where they were much worse. Unfortunately, the big issue is SPACE. The amount of space behind the Kop is minimal, and to even try to extend is impossible.

However, it does bring up several points, which depend on the individual view point, and unfortunately the one thing which is more certain than relegation - age.

In my 60+ years watching the Owls, I have had the 'pleasure' of sitting/standing in all parts of the ground with the exception of the Directors Box (little hint to DJ1) and over the years, my preferrence for watching soccer has changed to and from watching from behind the goals, to watching on the wings or the centre. There are pros and cons for all. I still feel , as some of our pals do, that soccer is best watched Standing Up. But please can we FORGET about this. The rules which came about after the Taylor report about all-seater stadia will take a lot of change at much higher than club level, and if changed, the LAST stadium to benefit would be Hillsborough.

However, if you prefer to watch from behind the goals, which for years was MY preferrence, I still feel that the Kopites can keep their beloved Kop - no offence meant whatsoever. In my own honest opinion, by far the better view is from the Leppings Lane End. Give us back our West Stand!!!!

Without wishing to cause offence anywhere, can someone tell me the average crowds of the Kop, North and South Stands? You see, I honestly believe that the fan-base is rather more evenly split than is presumed.