Owls fans in the West Stand

That's my boy Alfie (7 year old) He sometimes just stands up and starts singin out of the blue. Love it!

Ha quality never saw til you posted mate

Wow, the view really is awesome from that stand. If we ever renovate it and get the demand then the top tier should definitely become a home area.

Obviously neither are going to happen anytime soon, but I'd probably get a season ticket up there given the opportunity, if it didn't have the pillars.

Someone remind me why we give the stand with the best views to the away fans..

Thats what i though. Don't think i would go as far as getting a ST up there, i love the view in The north too much. But the west seems a much better view than the kop to me. Can anyone clear up why this is? Is the stand steeper or something?

Someone remind me why we give the stand with the best views to the away fans..

Probably because it's the easiest place to put them regarding stewarding and segregation, the facilities aren't great and we don't sell out the rest of the ground.

Any news on whether it'll be done again this season?

Had been said it needs to be proven a success first time round to be done a second time.

No - the idea is to have it as a one-off 'event' annually - so we have an 'Home Away Day' each season, where possible.

Obvously, the success of Tuesday's has to be reviewed first, etc...

best views are you havin a laugh, how can it be the best view when its behind the goal and obscured by loads of pillars

The rest of the ground looks magnificent from there though. Would be amazing if the pillars weren't there.

Since we aren't getting the World Cup, the only future ground improvements Hillsborough needs are the crossbar type trusses being built on the Kop and West stands like the one on the South.

Getting rid of the pillars would improve the look of the ground massively, as well as provinding a better matchday experience.

And obviously more modern catering facilities, concourses etc.

I'd go up there if process for ST holders was easy, probably why numbers weren't great but in terms of atmosphere I'd say it was a massive success

Guest Mekalion

I'd go up there if process for ST holders was easy, probably why numbers weren't great but in terms of atmosphere I'd say it was a massive success

all you had to do was ring up and say "i'm a season ticket holder but would like to go on the away end"