Owls fans in the West Stand

Guest on the band wagon

went on the Lep for the first time in years great atmospere ST in the North which is good but this felt really good maybe novelty but fans enjoyed it so attendance may increase next time I am sure there are financial implications by opening different areas and reducing attendance in others Other clubs have reponded to fans requests re thier area in the ground Notts county and Blackburn have put thier own fanns back behing the goals

good idea but hope it could be done more than annually

Guest kaneowl

I like the little fella in the front row giving it some. I hope my lad follows suit when he's big enough.

Just make him.

My lad came back from school when he was about 6 telling me he was going to support manchester united, as everything red was banned from the house I told him I wouldn't buy a shirt and would never take him, simples.

8 years on he is a mad wednesday fan, it just takes a bit of persistance. :biggrin:

all you had to do was ring up and say "i'm a season ticket holder but would like to go on the away end"

I did got told had to visit TO

Guest intercity0wl

No - the idea is to have it as a one-off 'event' annually - so we have an 'Home Away Day' each season, where possible.

Obvously, the success of Tuesday's has to be reviewed first, etc...

If its success or failure was to based on "did it help bring an atmosphere to a Tuesday night game in January that other wise would not have been there" then the answer is a resounding yes, but i know this will not be what the review is purely based on.

One other quick question, is the health and safety organisation who seem to be a little OTT in making the final decision regarding what and cannot happen inside Hillsborough a local organisation ?. or is it a national body who just seem to be a bit more relaxed with other club when dealing with things like segregation.

Guest Willie Henderson

No - the idea is to have it as a one-off 'event' annually - so we have an 'Home Away Day' each season, where possible.

Obvously, the success of Tuesday's has to be reviewed first, etc...

So why if it was such a success cant it be done again this season?

So why if it was such a success cant it be done again this season?

Because it takes a lot of work and organising to do, as well as making sure we are within League rules.

Under league rules clubs HAVE to offer a certain percentage of seats to the visiting club.

That percentage means we HAVE to offer the whole West Stand to the opposition, otherwise we would HAVE to offer parts of the North/South stands (if we took a tier of the West).

It's up to the opposition if they take the whole allocation, but it HAS to be made available to them and because there is no reason not to they generally take the option but don't sell it out.

We were able to do this for the Yeovil match because we all knew in advance they would bring very few and we could arrange with them that they didn't take the full allocation they are entitled to in enough time to arrange and promote the Home Away Day.

We want such events to be special when they happen and therefore are looking to do it on an annual basis, so people can move up there and join in the 'Home Away Day' atmosphere. If we did it every match (if we could, which we can't because of the reasons above) it wouldn't be special and would just become just another part of the home areas.

I'm hoping we will do it again and make it a special annual thing (similar to the 'flag day' at Liverpool, etc) and then people can take their experience and use i in the home areas for other matches, hopefully (i.e. get together with friends to create singing areas, etc...).

Hopefully we've learnt some lessons form this one on how to make it better/easier for next time, next season.

Guest intercity0wl

Because it takes a lot of work and organising to do, as well as making sure we are within League rules.

Under league rules clubs HAVE to offer a certain percentage of seats to the visiting club.

That percentage means we HAVE to offer the whole West Stand to the opposition, otherwise we would HAVE to offer parts of the North/South stands (if we took a tier of the West).

It's up to the opposition if they take the whole allocation, but it HAS to be made available to them and because there is no reason not to they generally take the option but don't sell it out.

We were able to do this for the Yeovil match because we all knew in advance they would bring very few and we could arrange with them that they didn't take the full allocation they are entitled to in enough time to arrange and promote the Home Away Day.

We want such events to be special when they happen and therefore are looking to do it on an annual basis, so people can move up there and join in the 'Home Away Day' atmosphere. If we did it every match (if we could, which we can't because of the reasons above) it wouldn't be special and would just become just another part of the home areas.

I'm hoping we will do it again and make it a special annual thing (similar to the 'flag day' at Liverpool, etc) and then people can take their experience and use i in the home areas for other matches, hopefully (i.e. get together with friends to create singing areas, etc...).

Hopefully we've learnt some lessons form this one on how to make it better/easier for next time, next season.

I read what you say James, just wondered why the having to give Away supporters a certain percentage of Seats does not seem to apply to our porky neighbours over at the rough end of town when they play us ?, are the football League slightly nervous of there history of them trying to sue their mates at the FA ?

Edited by intercity0wl

I read what you say James, just wondered why the having to give Away supporters a certain percentage of Seats does not seem to apply to our porky neighbours over at the rough end of time when they play us ?, are the football League slightly nervous of there history of them trying to sue their mates at the FA ?

They are also subject to the same rules (the rules are Football League wide). Can't really comment beyond that.

Isn't trying to keep it 'special' by only offering it once a season a bit pointless? Once we get back in the Championship, hopefully next season, but surely by the season after, won't it be almost impossible to arrange with the away allocations required at that level?

If we did get promoted this season it'll probably turn out to be both the first and last home away day ... unless we get relegated again!