Irvine shouldn't be sacked.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Guest JonTheOwl66

Now, before you give me -1's and start screaming 'YOU flipping KNOW NOTHING YOU FICKLE BELLEND' hear me out.

Leyton Orient 4-0 Sheffield Wednesday

Sounds a bad scoreline? No? Well it's hugely disappointing, but that's not the point. We had a game plan which damn nearly worked, but for the sloppy goals we conceded. Three free-kicks, can anybody name one other freekick in another game which we've conceded under Irvine (excluding Pilkington's strike at Hillsborough)?

Many of you will Immediately come on here and slag me off, saying were 12th, were not going up. But after having a look at the table.. It's not as bad a situation as it seems really, we need to win at least 15 out of the next 22, with perhaps two more losses to get in the play-offs. At the end of the day, this season was one of consolidation really, we may have hoped to go up, but were we really expecting it? I wasn't.

Saturday was a terrible result, but first half we battered them. If the chances had been taken, we'd of won that game. How can you blame Irvine for the players not taking chances? You can't.

Unless we have a better replacement ready, we should not get rid of Irvine. We don't want to do a United, okay Speed didn't get sacked, but they picked quite possibly the worst option. Just give the man till the end of the season minimum. Many of you forget the football we played against Notts County, genuinely exciting stuff. Many of you forget the thumping wins at Hartlepool and Bristol Rovers. We can't expect to just romp the league at the first time of trying, not many teams have, and can do that.

If we don't go up this season, we ABSOLUTELY must next.

Rant over.

Edited by JonTheOwl66

He should be sacked, but MM wants to give him some time and we not only are at MMs whim, but as supporters we owe him loyalty for bailing us out.

Therefore I really really want Irvine to go, but if MM wants to give him time then I am behind MM all the way.

Bet he doesnt last another 5 games though.

Guest Sheff Owl

This is what i don't understand - people are entitled to an opinion and thats fine BUT...

How flipping low do we have to sink before people stop backing this flipping idiot?

He has been nothing but a flipping disaster since day one of him being here.

We win, lose or draw he sounds the same, he stands on the touchline like a bloody statue while watching us losing and then decides with 10 minutes remaining if that to bring a Striker on.

We can't keep going on like this we are currently fighting in midtable with the likes of Rochdale, Exeter and Leyton Orient is that right?

Yet we was one of the favourites for promotion, having one of the highest wage bills, yet other teams with lower wages bills are higher and competing easily with other teams.

We are hearing the same excuses after games and this has being going on from day one...how much more time is he gonna get?

He does not have a clue and needs TO flip OFF!!

We had a game plan which damn nearly worked, but for the sloppy goals we conceded. Three free-kicks, can anybody name one other freekick in another game which we've conceded under Irvine (excluding Pilkington's strike at Hillsborough)?

Yes, yes I can. Off the top of my head:

Pigs

Notts County

Northampton

I was working on sat (as I do every sat) so was unable to go so don't want to comment too much on the standard of football this season. Listening to RS whilst driving around on sat it did sound like we dominated the first half but essentially thats worth jack when we end up getting tonked by a time starting the match IIRC sitting in 187th in the league table. Now i stated in another thread sat night that I believel we will not get promoted this season but my view of what we should do now differs completely to the OP's. I feel that if a new manager is brought in now it potentially will gavanise the players and fanbase and that may result in a playoff spot bewing possible (this being a fringe benefit of replacing AI) but the main benefit being allowing the new incumbant time to fully assess the squad and decide what areas need addressing and starting the scouting/recruitment process for a promotion push next season.

The problem I and many others have with Irvine is his ridiculous bigging up of every team we play, constants negative tactics and refusal to give heff a chance. IMHO some of the players we have should, given the correct football philosophy have a very strong chance of automatic promotion this season. A prime example being clinton who i know many haven't warmed to but this guy has performed at premiership and international level so given the right service on a constant basis 20 goals should have been the least he should have deliveered this season.

Sorry OP but irvine really shoiuld be gone already or grow a pair and do the honourable thing, maybe Father ted might really have done a better job.

UTO & WTID

Guest JonTheOwl66

Yes, yes I can. Off the top of my head:

Pigs

Notts County

Northampton

Ones where they've crossed it in and someone's headed it in?

Obviously my example was just an awesome goal really, but as far as I'm aware, United's was a cross/shot that went in, so was Notts County's and Northampton's was peculiar.

None of them really because The team defended badly.

But fair enough, I don't remember things like this.

Now, before you give me -1's and start screaming 'YOU flipping KNOW NOTHING YOU FICKLE BELLEND' hear me out.

Leyton Orient 4-0 Sheffield Wednesday

Sounds a bad scoreline? No? Well it's hugely disappointing, but that's not the point. We had a game plan which damn nearly worked, but for the sloppy goals we conceded. Three free-kicks, can anybody name one other freekick in another game which we've conceded under Irvine (excluding Pilkington's strike at Hillsborough)?

Many of you will Immediately come on here and slag me off, saying were 12th, were not going up. But after having a look at the table.. It's not as bad a situation as it seems really, we need to win at least 15 out of the next 22, with perhaps two more losses to get in the play-offs. At the end of the day, this season was one of consolidation really, we may have hoped to go up, but were we really expecting it? I wasn't.

Saturday was a terrible result, but first half we battered them. If the chances had been taken, we'd of won that game. How can you blame Irvine for the players not taking chances? You can't.

Unless we have a better replacement ready, we should not get rid of Irvine. We don't want to do a United, okay Speed didn't get sacked, but they picked quite possibly the worst option. Just give the man till the end of the season minimum. Many of you forget the football we played against Notts County, genuinely exciting stuff. Many of you forget the thumping wins at Hartlepool and Bristol Rovers. We can't expect to just romp the league at the first time of trying, not many teams have, and can do that.

If we don't go up this season, we ABSOLUTELY must next.

Rant over.

Mate.....we lost 4-0 - it wasn't a fine margin it was a gubbing

Players will always miss chances - at this club, at this level and every club and level - there will always be defensive mistakes at all levels - but it doesn't mean a strong team gets thrashed 4-0 and 5-1 to 2 relegation candidates in short succession - those aren't fine margins

It's not like it's a one-off or a blip in an otherwise decent season - we're nearer relegation that promotion - it's not fine margins, it's pathetic

Guest JonTheOwl66

Really? I'm listening...

I see.

:dry:

Well, that's me convinced.

:laugh:

With our supposedly best squad in League 1, shouldn't be a problem.

Right?

Guest JonTheOwl66

Mate.....we lost 4-0 - it wasn't a fine margin it was a gubbing

Players will always miss chances - at this club, at this level and every club and level - there will always be defensive mistakes at all levels - but it doesn't mean a strong team gets thrashed 4-0 and 5-1 to 2 relegation candidates in short succession - those aren't fine margins

It's not like it's a one-off or a blip in an otherwise decent season - we're nearer relegation that promotion - it's not fine margins, it's pathetic

Don't get your point?