Irvine shouldn't be sacked.

Guest JonTheOwl66

So which pundits were predicting Brighton to go up, following their midtable finish last season?

flip me is this the old Bailey? I can't remember m'lord

Jesus, all the papers gave their opinion on who would be up there from each league, these are the ones I remember

can't even read the OP, anyone who thinks that (including MM) wants putting in a straitjacket and throwing in a padded cell :angry:

Exactly this. Don't know why I've bothered to read the whole thread, I was going to reply to the OP with all the glaringly obvious reasons why AI has to go but I can't even be arsed to think about it again. How the flip has he not been sacked yet!

Care to explain why?

errr, where were we when he took over ? where are we now? has he been restricted (like most of his predeccesors) with his signings? are we good to watch ? are we hard to beat? are we an efficient unit ? is there any cohesion/unison within the team.. or with the fanbase? the negatives are endless , the positives are few/non existant

Now, before you give me -1's and start screaming 'YOU flipping KNOW NOTHING YOU FICKLE BELLEND' hear me out.

Leyton Orient 4-0 Sheffield Wednesday

Sounds a bad scoreline? No? Well it's hugely disappointing, but that's not the point. We had a game plan which damn nearly worked, but for the sloppy goals we conceded. Three free-kicks, can anybody name one other freekick in another game which we've conceded under Irvine (excluding Pilkington's strike at Hillsborough)?

Many of you will Immediately come on here and slag me off, saying were 12th, were not going up. But after having a look at the table.. It's not as bad a situation as it seems really, we need to win at least 15 out of the next 22, with perhaps two more losses to get in the play-offs. At the end of the day, this season was one of consolidation really, we may have hoped to go up, but were we really expecting it? I wasn't.

Saturday was a terrible result, but first half we battered them. If the chances had been taken, we'd of won that game. How can you blame Irvine for the players not taking chances? You can't.

Unless we have a better replacement ready, we should not get rid of Irvine. We don't want to do a United, okay Speed didn't get sacked, but they picked quite possibly the worst option. Just give the man till the end of the season minimum. Many of you forget the football we played against Notts County, genuinely exciting stuff. Many of you forget the thumping wins at Hartlepool and Bristol Rovers. We can't expect to just romp the league at the first time of trying, not many teams have, and can do that.

If we don't go up this season, we ABSOLUTELY must next.

Rant over.

Can't you all see he's winding us up

Now, before you give me -1's and start screaming 'YOU flipping KNOW NOTHING YOU FICKLE BELLEND' hear me out.

Leyton Orient 4-0 Sheffield Wednesday

Sounds a bad scoreline? No? Well it's hugely disappointing, but that's not the point. We had a game plan which damn nearly worked, but for the sloppy goals we conceded. Three free-kicks, can anybody name one other freekick in another game which we've conceded under Irvine (excluding Pilkington's strike at Hillsborough)?

Many of you will Immediately come on here and slag me off, saying were 12th, were not going up. But after having a look at the table.. It's not as bad a situation as it seems really, we need to win at least 15 out of the next 22, with perhaps two more losses to get in the play-offs. At the end of the day, this season was one of consolidation really, we may have hoped to go up, but were we really expecting it? I wasn't.

Saturday was a terrible result, but first half we battered them. If the chances had been taken, we'd of won that game. How can you blame Irvine for the players not taking chances? You can't.

Unless we have a better replacement ready, we should not get rid of Irvine. We don't want to do a United, okay Speed didn't get sacked, but they picked quite possibly the worst option. Just give the man till the end of the season minimum. Many of you forget the football we played against Notts County, genuinely exciting stuff. Many of you forget the thumping wins at Hartlepool and Bristol Rovers. We can't expect to just romp the league at the first time of trying, not many teams have, and can do that.

If we don't go up this season, we ABSOLUTELY must next.

Rant over.

Oh, Roger. They're back.

How the frigg can you not see that the teams we thrashed are sh!te

Guest JonTheOwl66

Oh, Roger. They're back.

How the frigg can you not see that the teams we thrashed are sh!te

Can only beat what's put in front of you.

TBH I doubt there were many Championship clubs chasing a 31 year old striker who'd only scored 10 from 48 the previous season (and 12 from 52 the one before that). Tudgay got 10 in our relegation season where he got slagged off every week!

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/Sheffield-Wednesday-Clinton-Morrison-interview.6528522.jp

'The wheel has now come full circle, and Wednesdayites would have been forgiven for jumping through hoops when he rebuffed interest from the Championship – including old club Palace – to head to Hillsborough on a two-year deal this summer from Coventry.'

'Morrison said: "It was a big decision at the start to come to a club in League One. But obviously, Sheffield Wednesday are a massive club who are playing in the wrong division at the moment.

"I only want to be in the division for a season and with the players we've got, I do believe we can get out of it.'