Irvine shouldn't be sacked.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Guest JonTheOwl66

Exactly, it SHOULDN'T because we have the best squad in League One. It's just the manager...

I don't really understand why the manager's ALWAYS get the blame for this.

Under Laws, it was clear, but this time I just don't see how it is all 100% the manager's fault.

Under Laws, it was clear, but this time I just don't see how it is all 100% the manager's fault.

So when we were poo poo under Laws it was all his fault - noew we're worse under Irvine it's the players fault?

Ok......

It isn't always 100% it's just that everyone knows we have one of, if not the best squad in the league so we should be storming the league and because we're not it has to be the managers fault.

It's not. The players have to take their share of the blame too. The buck stops with the manager though and he is not delivering. 10 wins and 10 losses in this shitty league at this stage of the season is not good enough. In fact it's pathetic.

Guest JonTheOwl66

So when we were poo poo under Laws it was all his fault - noew we're worse under Irvine it's the players fault?

Ok......

I'm not suggesting that at all.

In both cases, the players were at fault. But after all the credit Irvine gets from the 'experts' , I just fail to see how he can be saying, 'right then lads, go out there and get tonked. Make sure you play poo football and just hoof it up front.'

Doesn't work like that, right?

Laws tried to play football, he lost the dressing room down to poor man management. And ended up out of a job.

The players still clearly respect Irvine, so what's the problem?

Enlighten me Scram?

In both cases, the players were at fault. But after all the credit Irvine gets from the 'experts' , I just fail to see how he can be saying, 'right then lads, go out there and get tonked. Make sure you play poo football and just hoof it up front.'

Laws tried to play football, he lost the dressing room down to poor man management. And ended up out of a job.

Enlighten me Scram?

360_digger.jpg

Guest Triplej2

n

Now, before you give me -1's and start screaming 'YOU flipping KNOW NOTHING YOU FICKLE BELLEND' hear me out.

Leyton Orient 4-0 Sheffield Wednesday

Sounds a bad scoreline? No? Well it's hugely disappointing, but that's not the point. We had a game plan which damn nearly worked, but for the sloppy goals we conceded. Three free-kicks, can anybody name one other freekick in another game which we've conceded under Irvine (excluding Pilkington's strike at Hillsborough)?

Many of you will Immediately come on here and slag me off, saying were 12th, were not going up. But after having a look at the table.. It's not as bad a situation as it seems really, we need to win at least 15 out of the next 22, with perhaps two more losses to get in the play-offs. At the end of the day, this season was one of consolidation really, we may have hoped to go up, but were we really expecting it? I wasn't.

Saturday was a terrible result, but first half we battered them. If the chances had been taken, we'd of won that game. How can you blame Irvine for the players not taking chances? You can't.

Unless we have a better replacement ready, we should not get rid of Irvine. We don't want to do a United, okay Speed didn't get sacked, but they picked quite possibly the worst option. Just give the man till the end of the season minimum. Many of you forget the football we played against Notts County, genuinely exciting stuff. Many of you forget the thumping wins at Hartlepool and Bristol Rovers. We can't expect to just romp the league at the first time of trying, not many teams have, and can do that.

If we don't go up this season, we ABSOLUTELY must next.

Rant over.

Oh no Jon no jon no Jon, oh no jon no Jon no :biggrin:

Edited by Triplej2

Current form table. Last 6 games. Next to bottom.

Do you know who are top. Rochdale.

flipping Rochdale.

What more needs saying?

21 Swindon 6 0 1 2 2 4 1 0 2 5 7 1 1 4 7 11 -4 4

22 Brentford 6 1 1 0 3 2 0 0 4 3 9 1 1 4 6 11 -5 4

23 SheffieldWed 6 1 1 0 8 4 0 0 4 2 12 1 1 4 10 16 -6 4

24 Walsall 6 0 0 2 2 7 0 2 2 7 11 0 2 4 9 18 -9 2

At the end of the day, this season was one of consolidation really, we may have hoped to go up, but were we really expecting it? I wasn't.

Not sure if you're joking or not but according to who was it a season of consolidation?

The manager who stated he would be happy with this squad in the Championship?

The players who have constantly talked about promotion being a must?

The chairman who has said we must get promoted this season?

Did the likes of Morrison drop down to League One to spend a season consolidating when they had offers from Championship clubs?

As I say if I'm missing a joke here then I do apologise, this season has been a disgrace.

Enlighten me Scram?

It doesn't matter what Irvine is, or isn't saying before, during or after matches, training or team bonding sessions to Hollywood Bowl - his team are serving up steaming piles of shyte - some of the formations - especially defensively - would leave a team of 8 year olds shamefaced with embarrassment

And how do you know whats happening in the dressing room - how do you know that some players are not pissed off with the treatment of Heffernan for eg? or Beevers/Spurr?

When things have gone as horrendously wrong as they have this season then the manager has to take the flak - he didn't arrive last month - he's been here a year and the football has got worse and worse to a point beyond anything that any Wednesdayite would have thought possible

Guest JonTheOwl66

Not sure if you're joking or not but according to who was it a season of consolidation?

The manager who stated he would be happy with this squad in the Championship?

The players who have constantly talked about promotion being a must?

The chairman who has said we must get promoted this season?

Did the likes of Morrison drop down to League One to spend a season consolidating when they had offers from Championship clubs?

As I say if I'm missing a joke here then I do apologise, this season has been a disgrace.

Interesting point actually, what the f*ck did Irvine say to get Morrison to sign?

Guest Sheff Owl

It doesn't matter what Irvine is, or isn't saying before, during or after matches, training or team bonding sessions to Hollywood Bowl - his team are serving up steaming piles of shyte - some of the formations - especially defensively - would leave a team of 8 year olds shamefaced with embarrassment

And how do you know whats happening in the dressing room - how do you know that some players are not pissed off with the treatment of Heffernan for eg? or Beevers/Spurr?

When things have gone as horrendously wrong as they have this season then the manager has to take the flak - he didn't arrive last month - he's been here a year and the football has got worse and worse to a point beyond anything that any Wednesdayite would have thought possible

Agree with this.

When we can all see players are not having the best time of it and need to be taken out, he continues to play them, what does this say to the players in the background? Who are waiting and waiting for a chance and when they think it might come they get a huge kick in the teeth by this manager not just once either.

It's not gonna take a genius to work out that players will get pissed off.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Fair enough, I accept your point.

I'm saying he still has the dressing room, because in his interview with Radio Sheffield, that's what he claimed.

Obviously, might not be true. But we have to take his word for it.

One thing I do notice, is I very rarely see the players play with a smile anymore. This has to be 100% Irvine's fault.. And it's why I think the standard of football has gone down recently.

Players seemingly aren't enjoying themselves playing for us, it's all very professional, organised, resolute.

I like it in a strange way, it's efficient, but clearly not working as shown by the results.

I want Irvine to carry on, and have a last crack at it. But he has to improve, I'm gonna agree with you all on that. It has to improve.

But I'm standing with my original points.