Seth Bennetts

Guest Sheff Owl

Right from SWFC ALan Irvine was good value, I think it is one of the best interviews he has given me. Answered all questions I put to him well.

- accepted his responsibility in Wednesday's position.

- Angry about performance

- Understands fans reaction

- The results are what determine'sfuture and Saturday was a terrible result

- Says tuesday night is a huge game, but not sure if his future depends on it.

- says he has not lost the changing room.

- MM very disappointed,

- he explained why there was no heffernen on Saturday

I hope this puts to bed the irritating suggstion that we don't have the balls to ask tough questions.

Interview will be on footy heaven tonight and tomorrow...the stuff on Heffs tomorrow.

Can't wait to hear the last one!!!

Great look forward to hearing some answers.

I do have to pick up on this tho, i know it might have been covered in the interview and we won't know until we hear it but it's not just about Saturday, it's been all season and thats what we all want to know.

I am hoping that the Heffernan situation doesn't evolve into one similar to when Mark Chamberlain was at Wednesday in that Wilkinson wouldn't play him and then when he did which was against Everton in the cup replay at home we were 5-0 down at half time. Chamberlain never had a kick that night after fans had been clamering for his inclusion.

Remember that mate , it was the days when we played with three centre backs and like you say everyone was demanding chamberlain play more , well that night we got our wish as Lawrie Madden was injured, seem to remember i was in the Blue Ball at half time wiping the egg off my face!

Heffernan is not known for being a prolific scorer in a side which plays direct football, he is known for scoring a lot of goals in the division we find ourself in, in a side that passes the ball around a bit, with good wingers and midfielders who can play into space for him to run onto.

Scotch mist, Teale, Sedgewick, Miller, Potter, Coke and to a certain amount, O'Connor and a distinct lack of big bugger of a centre forward until we got Madine (belly of Mellor notwithstanding)

Heffernan was squeeling out to be played up front with Morrison and/or Mellor in either a top 2 or a top 3. Any idiot with or without badges can see it.

Edited by salmonbones

:smile:

That certainly worked.

Although surely you agree the impact Heff had against Charlton should have merited another go?

Erm...

Johnson came on at half time against Charlton too.

I thought it was Johnson that changed the teams shape and impetus rather than Heff.

(although, bringing Mellor on instead of Heff was stupid - but I think that because Mellor is pretty ineffective; not because Heffernan has turned into Rivaldo overnight like some people seem to think)

Edited by Random Task

Because the season doesn't finish in january?

:rolleyes:

Yes exactly, still half a season for a better manager to turn this shambles around.

12th at the halfway point isn't acceptable in this division for a club with our budget. Irvine accepts this, so again...why hasn't he resigned. All well and good saying you take responsibility for something but talk is cheap. He needs to man the flip up!

Can I urge some caution if you are in an unavoidable situation of having to drive to the match tommorrow - between 6-7pm and listening to RS at the same time ! :blink:

Please remember to;

a) switch to alternative frequency / station

b) pull over if safe to do so

c) turn the radio off completely

Remember - Dont Drive with and Listen to Ive ! :ohmy:

I'm not sure why everyone thinks Heff is our saviour. Maybe Irvine hasn't picked him because he's not good enough? Yeah he did ok against Charlton but people keep going on about that game as though he was amazing. Apart from scoring a goal that would have been tough to miss, I hardly remember him touching it. When he's played before his performances have hardly been inspiring.

I'm not sure why everyone thinks Heff is our saviour. Maybe Irvine hasn't picked him because he's not good enough? Yeah he did ok against Charlton but people keep going on about that game as though he was amazing. Apart from scoring a goal that would have been tough to miss, I hardly remember him touching it. When he's played before his performances have hardly been inspiring.

You can't play well every game but when he's come on he's looked like scoring or making chances. How many games have mellor and Morrison been given. Heffernan gets a few mins here and there and AI expects him to work wonders. How bout giving him 5-10 games then he can say he's had a chance

Not really fussed about Heffernan. Had two injuries at half time and chose JJ ahead of him as an impact sub in second half. Fair enough

How about this then, crazy as it might be, Madine gets injured so bring on Heffernan instead of Mellor.

I know this is the sort of crazy thinking that might actually have us winning games rather than getting demolished by one of the worst teams I have seen at Hillsborough all year!

Just not bothered...

This has to be a wind up right? He nearly won the game with the header at the end and throughout the half he kept coming off the front to link up with the midfielders and set up attacks, something which was non-existent in the 1st half. He did the same thing in the 2nd half against Bristol Rovers and apart from that has never had a fair run in the side even when our other strikers have not been performing.

This has to be a wind up right? He nearly won the game with the header at the end and throughout the half he kept coming off the front to link up with the midfielders and set up attacks, something which was non-existent in the 1st half. He did the same thing in the 2nd half against Bristol Rovers and apart from that has never had a fair run in the side even when our other strikers have not been performing.

No not at all. I actually agree that there have been times when our forward line has been poor enough to warrant a change. So yes perhaps Heff should have had more of a chance. Doesn't chnage my opinion of him though. I still don't think he's any more than an average league one player and I don't think he'd score lots of goals if we had him in the team. Just my opinion of course.

No not at all. I actually agree that there have been times when our forward line has been poor enough to warrant a change. So yes perhaps Heff should have had more of a chance. Doesn't chnage my opinion of him though. I still don't think he's any more than an average league one player and I don't think he'd score lots of goals if we had him in the team. Just my opinion of course.

Yeah that is fair point really considering we have got Messi and CRonaldo up front at the minute. :rolleyes:

Just not bothered...

Right from SWFC ALan Irvine was good value, I think it is one of the best interviews he has given me. Answered all questions I put to him well.

- accepted his responsibility in Wednesday's position.

- Angry about performance

- Understands fans reaction

- The results are what determine'sfuture and Saturday was a terrible result

- Says tuesday night is a huge game, but not sure if his future depends on it.

- says he has not lost the changing room.

- MM very disappointed,

- he explained why there was no heffernen on Saturday

I hope this puts to bed the irritating suggstion that we don't have the balls to ask tough questions.

Interview will be on footy heaven tonight and tomorrow...the stuff on Heffs tomorrow.

Can't wait to hear the last one!!!

Its only taken radio Sheffield a decade to ask half decent questions.

You could have asked numerous half decent ones during the last chairmans reign !

Why is Tuesday night at home to Yovil a massive match.