Yeovil Game - this is why its such a big game for alan..

Tuesday is a big game for Irvine

Despite backing him Milan simply cant continue to watch Irvine chucking points away and derailing our promotion

We HAVE to get promoted this season - fact

So if Alans continuing with dour football, crazy tactics and dropping points then we need someone else in NOW to push us into the playoffs

We have the best squad in the division

A good manager gets success with crap players

A bad manager gets poor results with good players

We need a strong character. A LEADER of men, and a personality big enough for the job

Ideally with premier league paced exciting football added to consistency

This season, with this squad, with the old board gone, with a heroic new chairman an with good feeling round the club has presented Irvine with the easiest managerial season for 20 years - and his negative approach is flipping it up

He simply has to go so my club gets promoted

Owlstalk Shop

Despite backing him Milan simply cant continue to watch Irvine chucking points away and derailing our promotion

So if Alans continuing with dour football, crazy tactics and dropping points then we need someone else in NOW to push us into the playoffs

We need a strong character. A LEADER of men, and a personality big enough for the job

This season, with this squad, with the old board gone, with a heroic new chairman an with good feeling round the club has presented Irvine with the easiest managerial season for 20 years - and his negative approach is flipping it up

100% agree. he must go now before he fooks our season up totally

Agree with most of that, we really do need a manage to get behind, who can restore some of the optimism that has now officially gone.

However a team with absolutely no midfield, is not the best squad in the division.

New manager and a new midfield, very urgently please.

As the other topic title says, 'why wait?'

He's consistently proved over his tenure that he's not up to the job, I don't even know how he can claim to be a competent manager after presiding over this squad getting HUMILIATED by the mighty Exeter and Leyton Orient. I would've resigned in shame over both.

What worries me the most is that he'll still be in charge come Tuesday, we'll win because Yeovil are poo , then he'll have bought himself even more time to drag us down to League Two. Relatively speaking the worst manager in our history.

As the other topic title says, 'why wait?'

He's consistently proved over his tenure that he's not up to the job, I don't even know how he can claim to be a competent manager after presiding over this squad getting HUMILIATED by the mighty Exeter and Leyton Orient. I would've resigned in shame over both.

What worries me the most is that he'll still be in charge come Tuesday, we'll win because Yeovil are poo , then he'll have bought himself even more time to drag us down to League Two. Relatively speaking the worst manager in our history.

Peter Eustace and Chris Turner were worse, but he's not far behind.

post-332-013299200 1295777130_thumb.jpg

Guest intercity0wl

We have the best squad in this division

Not picking an argument Neil, but on what is this widely held belief based, time spent playing at a higher level, which they are not doing now,total games played at a higher level, which they are not doing now Wages, or just a general view of Wednesdayites that they are good players, which they are not proving now.

Whats also bothering me is that this supposed best squad we have had is now being added to by the supposedly best Potential available to us, again which im not sure is the case.

PS i am in agreement time is unning out for AI, if it has not already, loose the fans and you invariably loose your job in this game.

I am amazed, given MM's track record sacking managers, that AI is still around. It must be Wilko's influence that has so far saved AI.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but he should have sacked him when he took over or shortly afterwards.

Could be that MM might lose faith in Wilko because of his lack of judgement in backing AI.

Irvine said before the start of the season that he'd be happy with this squad in the Championship let alone League One.

He further strengthens it by spending MM's bucks whilst the rest of the division has hardly got a pot to wee wee in.

And yet the last few weeks have seen two of the most humiliating defeats in the club's history.

And still Heffernan is ignored.

I can't see how MM can wait any longer. This guy could turn Barca into relegation material.

Guest Spitfire

I don't get this best squad business. Let's look objectively and realistically at a large proportion of our squad.

Spurr - not developed as expected

Otsemobor - very average on performances so far

Beevers - not developing as expected

Purse - too inconsistent whilst he was here

Hinds - average whenever he's played

JOC - Appears past his best

Potter - very average on performances so far

Johnson - inconsistent and no end product

Sedgwick - appears past his best

miller - appears past his best

Mellor - inconsistent

C Morrison - appears past his best

I completely agree that AI needs to go and go now but to say we have the best squad is in my opinion wrong. Perhaps this could have been said had the squad have been put together 3-4 years earlier.

Tuesday isn't a big game. If we win, some will be happy, but he's still in charge, whereas people like myself and DJ Mortimer who's been banging the Irvine out drum for months will still feel the same whatever the result.

I rumbleing hate that man for what he makes me feel about going to the match.

Exactly. And it will be those chavs at the back of the kop singing 'Alan Irvines Barmy Army' when we go 1-0 up against one of the worst teams in the division. :mad:

I don't get this best squad business. Let's look objectively and realistically at a large proportion of our squad.

Spurr - not developed as expected

Otsemobor - very average on performances so far

Beevers - not developing as expected

Purse - too inconsistent whilst he was here

Hinds - average whenever he's played

JOC - Appears past his best

Potter - very average on performances so far

Johnson - inconsistent and no end product

Sedgwick - appears past his best

miller - appears past his best

Mellor - inconsistent

C Morrison - appears past his best

I completely agree that AI needs to go and go now but to say we have the best squad is in my opinion wrong. Perhaps this could have been said had the squad have been put together 3-4 years earlier.

You are judging them on their performances under this manager though - which misses the point entirely

;-)

Owlstalk Shop

I don't think MM will allow the views of Wilko to infuence his decision. He clearly decided to give AI a chance, he will in his own mind have a target for the end of January that AI must meet. The moment that target is missed, AI is a goner. I'd expect MM to line up a replacement before dumping Irvine.