3-5-2

--------------------------Weaver-------------------------

--------Morrison------Johnson-----Reynolds-----

--Semi-----------------------------------------Jones---

----------Miller-----Coke-----New Player-----------

---------------Morrison-------Mellor----------------------

Got the new defenders in all great prospects, Semi and Jones as wing backs with their pace, Jones good going forward and has good cross, in midfield we would all like to see Miller and Coke in their plus a new signing would allow them both to get forward more.

Probably get slated for this but I actually think that Potter would do well in a 3 man midfield but all 3 of them would have to be very disciplined because we wouldn't have a natural holding player.

What do people think?

Far too easy to get exposed down the wings with 3-5-2.

Well that either happens. . .or you end up playing 5-3-2.

And not only do you end up playing 5-3-2 - but usually the midfield is overrun - so they drop deeper and 3-5-2 can easily become 8-0-2

Hoddle's Chelsea used to play the sytem well - but that team was built for 3-5-2 with a genuine sweeper and at times had the "double diamond" shape which made them good of that system

Usually a team that sets up as 3-5-2 will quickly switch to match their opponents like-for-like - just keep dropping the ball into the wide open channels and utilise the width high up the pitch - then most teams will change to plug the gaps

Plus if the players arent adept at plaing it in the first place then it becomes a horrible mess

Guest pembo55

For years any team with width has shown us up, so this formation with a team who has wingers will slaughter us I prefer 4 3 3 myself that's worth a try I think.

--------------------------Weaver-------------------------

--------Morrison------Johnson-----Reynolds-----

--Semi-----------------------------------------Jones---

----------Miller-----Coke-----New Player-----------

---------------Morrison-------Mellor----------------------

Got the new defenders in all great prospects, Semi and Jones as wing backs with their pace, Jones good going forward and has good cross, in midfield we would all like to see Miller and Coke in their plus a new signing would allow them both to get forward more.

Probably get slated for this but I actually think that Potter would do well in a 3 man midfield but all 3 of them would have to be very disciplined because we wouldn't have a natural holding player.

What do people think?

I really like the formation just would swap semi for Buxton and mellor for Heffs. Sticker potter in the New player spot like ya said. This would give the strikers guaranteed service and link up play with the midfield. Also I feel that attacking like this would force the opposition to constant hoof the ball and having Johnson winning all the hoofs frustration and constant pressure would force the oppersition to fold. Slaughtering every team home and away.

3-5-2 ,

4-4-2 with wingers

4-2-3-1 with midfielder(s) sitting on centre backs

diamond 4-4-2 with attacking full backs and a midfielder sitting on the centre backs

4-3-3 usually has atleast one sitting midfielder.

It all boils down to 6 outfield players defending & 4 outfield players attacking

............ ' believe you me ' :ph34r:

I am assuming that Irvine will play all of his new players here, therefore, my line up is as below for 3-5-2:

------------------------Weaver-----------------------

--------Morrison----Johnson---Reynolds-----

--Buxton-----------------------------------Jones---

---------Johnson----Coke----Miller--------------

---------------Madine-------Mellor------------------

With the above formation Coke and Miller could play more central and Johnson can be given a free role or could hug the right wing.

Given that Reynolds can play left back, this line up can be easily changed to 4-4-2 during the game as below:

--Buxton--Morrison---Johnson--Reynolds--

----Johnson-----Coke-----Miller-----Jones----

Its as easy as that! When can I start?

I am assuming that Irvine will play all of his new players here, therefore, my line up is as below for 3-5-2:

--------Morrison----Johnson---Reynolds-----

--Buxton-----------------------------------Jones---

---------Johnson----Coke----Miller--------------

With the above formation Coke and Miller could play more central and Johnson can be given a free role or could hug the right wing.

Given that Reynolds can play left back, this line up can be easily changed to 4-4-2 during the game as below:

--Buxton--Morrison---Johnson--Reynolds--

----Johnson-----Coke-----Miller-----Jones----

Its as easy as that! When can I start?

What's the obsession with Coke and Miller? I can only remember Coke have two really good games very early on, and can't honestly say I've ever seen Miller play as well as his reputation suggests he can. A midfield with Johnson, Coke and Miller in it is a recipe for disaster. Johnson and Miller need to leave the club, and Coke needs to get discipline and consistency into his game before he gets a regular place in the side.

What's the obsession with Coke and Miller? I can only remember Coke have two really good games very early on, and can't honestly say I've ever seen Miller play as well as his reputation suggests he can. A midfield with Johnson, Coke and Miller in it is a recipe for disaster. Johnson and Miller need to leave the club, and Coke needs to get discipline and consistency into his game before he gets a regular place in the side.

Some fair points there, but I wouldn't go as far as saying the Miller and Johnson should leave. People say that JOC stiffens up the midfield but I think that he plays too near our back four thus inviting teams onto us. Personally, I think that Potter still has something to offer but he is unable to play to his full potential because we don't have the right midfield partner for him (which says more about Potter's game than the team). Given my opinion, this is the reason I chose Coke and Miller. It would be good if Irvine recruits a tall and nasty athletic box to box midfielder and then he could pair him with any of the current midfielders in our squad.