Owls Foundation

Holding their annual mega draw thingy on Saturday, top prize of £18000. Is anyone else in the same boat as me though - been a member for nearly three years now and not won a sausage. No £500 wins, no £10 wins, not even tickets to matches against Walsall... Just a reminder to the Foundation staff like, I am here. Ta x

I know a good deal of people who have won on the Foundation.

The winners are published every week on the OS, so take a look in there. :wink:

http://www.swfc.co.uk/page/LotteriesIndex/0,,10304,00.html

It doesn't count if you work for the club!

I'm talking about real people, with real faces and stuff......OK I'll take your word for it

If you let me win the £18,000 I'll give you half AND make a big thing out of being a real person and how everyone should join....you could double your money..you know it makes sense

Has anyone ever won anything?

Or does someone know someone who has won something?

Isn't membership limited to 2,500?

Correct - assuming there about 2000 current members (happy to be corrected on this) and around 20 prizes per week then that's odds of 100/1 on winning something each week.

Or put another way, anyone that's been in it over 2 years (104 draws) statistically, should have won a prize by now.

(I've been in 3 years and won jack :angry: )

This is a very serious point (don't really want to bring it up, but the club could have real problems if it happens again).

The draw must be conducted in accordance with rules which the club must be aware of. It must be a genuinely random draw. Starting the membership at "A" and someone shouting "stop" is not good enough. Clearly "stop" is going to be shouted earlier rather than later, thus if your name starts with Y, you have less chance of winning than if it starts with "D". The draw must be fair, random, and give every member an equal chance of winning. How will it be conducted?

2 of us have been members for years but never win anything. I don't doubt that the weekly draw is conducted in accordance with the rules but when I check it seems some names crop up again and again. Then again, there's no wonder I'm a Wednesdayite, my life seems to mirror our fortunes...one big win every half century or so. My big win is overdue!

Ive been a member for 3 years not won a thing :Dark Sad: also have a go on 50/50 every game and seem to always be a couple of numbers off or the digits in the wrong plce :Dark rolleyes:

a friend of mine won a tenner other week though :happy:

Edited by tomassOwl84

I've been in it just over 3yrs now and only won 1 ticket which is no good anyway cause I've got a ST ,I'm a little bit pissed about the fact it says you can still win it if you join now , I think you should be in it at least 6mths before you get entered in the draw .

Holding their annual mega draw thingy on Saturday, top prize of £18000. Is anyone else in the same boat as me though - been a member for nearly three years now and not won a sausage. No £500 wins, no £10 wins, not even tickets to matches against Walsall... Just a reminder to the Foundation staff like, I am here. Ta x

Nor me.

I would be grateful for a sausage.

I've been in it just over 3yrs now and only won 1 ticket which is no good anyway cause I've got a ST ,I'm a little bit pissed about the fact it says you can still win it if you join now , I think you should be in it at least 6mths before you get entered in the draw .

Read it again......

It says you can win it NEXT year if you join now.

This is a very serious point (don't really want to bring it up, but the club could have real problems if it happens again).

The draw must be conducted in accordance with rules which the club must be aware of. It must be a genuinely random draw. Starting the membership at "A" and someone shouting "stop" is not good enough. Clearly "stop" is going to be shouted earlier rather than later, thus if your name starts with Y, you have less chance of winning than if it starts with "D". The draw must be fair, random, and give every member an equal chance of winning. How will it be conducted?

2 of us have been members for years but never win anything. I don't doubt that the weekly draw is conducted in accordance with the rules but when I check it seems some names crop up again and again. Then again, there's no wonder I'm a Wednesdayite, my life seems to mirror our fortunes...one big win every half century or so. My big win is overdue!

I believe that every 'number' would be entered to generate a random sequence and not a sequencial list as you suggest. If you are right then I agree it does need looking into!

For the record I have been a member since Nov 2009 (13 months) and have won £10 twice! Mind you my membership does start with 'A' so maybe your theory is right!! ;-)