Owls Foundation

Guest MEXBOROUGH

Been a member for a few years and have won a couple of match tickets which as I have a season ticket I gave away, 3 or 4 £10 wins

and once won a pre match three course meal for two with comfy seats next to the directors box, which was great but I would like to

win the £18,000 this year please :dry:

Caz, dj1...the weekly draw may be an authorised system but last years 18,670 draw was no such thing as anyone in the room will testify. David Hirst set in motion the membership list which was alphabetical and an ex-player (Phil King, I think) was told to shout "stop" when he thought fit. Of course, he shouted stop almost straightaway, not knowing how long he had got or how long the list was. I don't remember exactly the names of the winner and runners up but the list NEVER got as far as my name. All the prize-winners were before my name (and it's not Zola!!), in other words, there was no way I was going to win.

I knew at the time that this was wrong but I also knew the clubs financial position so kept quiet. I love this club but there are rules for lotteries, as you know, and would hate to see an objection to the draw. If you have the software for the weekly draw then in my opinion that should be used for the biggest draw of all. What was used last year was a membership list which was stopped by human intervention, I do hope this was not the software you refer to!

I don't wish to be awkward but, as I originally said, this is a serious issue and needs sorting out before Saturday. The law takes a very dim view of lotteries which are not run correctly.

Caz, dj1...the weekly draw may be an authorised system but last years 18,670 draw was no such thing as anyone in the room will testify. David Hirst set in motion the membership list which was alphabetical and an ex-player (Phil King, I think) was told to shout "stop" when he thought fit. Of course, he shouted stop almost straightaway, not knowing how long he had got or how long the list was. I don't remember exactly the names of the winner and runners up but the list NEVER got as far as my name. All the prize-winners were before my name (and it's not Zola!!), in other words, there was no way I was going to win.

I knew at the time that this was wrong but I also knew the clubs financial position so kept quiet. I love this club but there are rules for lotteries, as you know, and would hate to see an objection to the draw. If you have the software for the weekly draw then in my opinion that should be used for the biggest draw of all. What was used last year was a membership list which was stopped by human intervention, I do hope this was not the software you refer to!

I don't wish to be awkward but, as I originally said, this is a serious issue and needs sorting out before Saturday. The law takes a very dim view of lotteries which are not run correctly.

100% agree with the above......and I saw with my own eyes the names if 2 under 16's on the list who I know for a fact do not pay £2 per week. I suspect I like many others let it go last year but I think there may be objections if the same happens this time

Do you have to claim the prizes, or do the club contact you if you win?

You are contacted by the club if you win -

Not won anything for a couple of years, but one year I won a day at the training ground, match tickets with a meal for 2 three times and a ticket to the player of the year night :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: