Owls Foundation

This is a very serious point (don't really want to bring it up, but the club could have real problems if it happens again).

The draw must be conducted in accordance with rules which the club must be aware of. It must be a genuinely random draw. Starting the membership at "A" and someone shouting "stop" is not good enough. Clearly "stop" is going to be shouted earlier rather than later, thus if your name starts with Y, you have less chance of winning than if it starts with "D". The draw must be fair, random, and give every member an equal chance of winning. How will it be conducted?

2 of us have been members for years but never win anything. I don't doubt that the weekly draw is conducted in accordance with the rules but when I check it seems some names crop up again and again. Then again, there's no wonder I'm a Wednesdayite, my life seems to mirror our fortunes...one big win every half century or so. My big win is overdue!

I am assured the draw is random. It is done by membership number on a random basis, not by name.

Do you have to claim the prizes, or do the club contact you if you win?

You should be contacted. Obviously, you need to ensure your contact details are up to date!

Holding their annual mega draw thingy on Saturday, top prize of £18000. Is anyone else in the same boat as me though - been a member for nearly three years now and not won a sausage. No £500 wins, no £10 wins, not even tickets to matches against Walsall... Just a reminder to the Foundation staff like, I am here. Ta x

And you start a flipping thread because you think you should win a raffle.

Grow up Kivo.

It doesn't count if you work for the club!

I'm talking about real people, with real faces and stuff......OK I'll take your word for it

If you let me win the £18,000 I'll give you half AND make a big thing out of being a real person and how everyone should join....you could double your money..you know it makes sense

I'm a 2 year member, and have never won a bean.

I check the results online every week and it would seem I would stand a better chance of winning if I worked for Crappers News. rolleyes.gif

I'm not insinuating any wrong doing, but they do seem to have a winner every other week. blink.gif

edit* Sorry I have just read through the whole thread, and it seems I am not the only one to notice.

Edited by bobtheowl

I believe that every 'number' would be entered to generate a random sequence and not a sequencial list as you suggest. If you are right then I agree it does need looking into!

For the record I have been a member since Nov 2009 (13 months) and have won £10 twice! Mind you my membership does start with 'A' so maybe your theory is right!! ;-)

TWICE already. Jammy Bugger.

31Dec1966 has a very valid point, last years draw was a bit of a farce, with someone shouting out stop, and the names did seem to list through in the same order every time.

As I stated in my previous post I would never want to claim any wrong doing, but there does seem to be some very lucky members, and as shown in this thread, some with no luck at all.

I've been in from the start..won £10 quite a few times and £500 once....was also down to the final 10 for the big prize 2 years ago....ended up winning £100.

But Deejay......you are wrong and anyone in the room last year will tell you that it was a complete farce.....you cannot make a draw like that for a tenner, never mind £18k.........the list had kids names on it who aren't even in the foundation but have the pass to get in the lounge and the alphabetical thing was right......even if the list was in some other order then you have to let it run for a few minutes to give everyone a chance.......please make sure its sorted for this year.

I've been in from the start..won £10 quite a few times and £500 once....was also down to the final 10 for the big prize 2 years ago....ended up winning £100.

But Deejay......you are wrong and anyone in the room last year will tell you that it was a complete farce.....you cannot make a draw like that for a tenner, never mind £18k.........the list had kids names on it who aren't even in the foundation but have the pass to get in the lounge and the alphabetical thing was right......even if the list was in some other order then you have to let it run for a few minutes to give everyone a chance.......please make sure its sorted for this year.

To be honest, I've never seen the draw happen so don't exactly know, but I am relaying what I have been informed and that is that it will be random and done on membership number rather than name.

I'll pass your comments on to the people who run it though, in case.

I assume that crappers news are agents of some kind for the foundation and the winners attributed to them are customers who pay through them.

There are a few 'News' members that win quite regularly, so maybe this could be cleared up if that is indeed the case.

DJ1?

The system that runs the draw is a bespoke software system that lotteries across the country use to randomly select numbers, so this is a proven system. Why don't you come along if you are a foundation member and see this in action Sat in the 1867 lounge, don't forget entry is on a first come first serve basis and the max capacity for the room is 300, with over 2000 members could be filled early.

Caz

all members are over 18 as this is covered by the gambling commission and is an official registered lottery, so there are no members who are under the age of 18

Caz

There are a few 'News' members that win quite regularly, so maybe this could be cleared up if that is indeed the case.

DJ1?

I have just spoken to Michelle who owns Crapper's News and she was flabbergasted and reckons that they hardly ever win. Yes she has about 20 members ( used to have 60 until it went up to £2 per week. She says that Baxter's News wins a lot more than they do.